bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A prayer request for dog lovers  (Read 5065 times)

jassy

A prayer request for dog lovers
« on: May 24, 2010, 05:44:53 AM »

Yesterday I posted my first question to the forum and today I post my first prayer request.

I have put a photo of my hounds on the forum and though I know they are only dogs they are important to me.
The one has hip dysplasia which now has regressed to where she can hardly walk and the other has bouts of illness.
 the vet suspects kidneys. All avenues and medications have been applied so its not advice I am asking for.

They are still young though I know big dogs do not have a very long lifespan. But the thought of putting either down is really wiping me out. They are my companions and make it worthwhile to come home.

I ask if some of you can find time to ask the Father to spare a couple of mutts. Prayer is important no matter what the outcome is. Thats why I make the distinction in the subject of this request. There is so much need and suffering and I ask for this. But I have to ask. If it only gets worse than I must just find courage to do what has to be done.

thanks
Jassy

judith collier

Re: A prayer request for dog lovers
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 06:23:06 AM »

AAH Jassy, I prayed for my cat when she was dying and held her wrapped in a little blanket. They love us no matter what. I'll pray for the health of your dogs. Judy

Roy Coates

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 10:43:00 AM »

I pray for my dog's hip problems too. He is a 230 lb American Mastif. He was with me through some very dark times and probably saved my life. I thanks Jesus for him. May Jesus grant healing and comfort to your dogs as well. Peace

Vangie

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 05:31:57 PM »

Dear Joan,
I add my prayers for your dogs to be able to continue as your companions for a while longer.  I'm sorry for your pain and suffering as you struggle with these decisions.  We love our mutts so much!

Love in Christ,
Vangie

jassy

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 05:10:03 AM »

Judy, Roy and Vangie

You fill my heart, thank you so much .

Ellie

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 07:55:53 PM »

Jassy, Have and will pray for you and your dogs.
         We had a beautiful black Labrador.He loved to stand in the spray of sawdust from the chainsaw when my husband was cutting timber...quirky.....he had a wicked sense of humor...every Friday night he waited in the dark at the front of our house for a couple of guys who walked home from the pub late at night. We would hear a deep "woof, woof". Then we would hear "That  (expletive) dog, he gets us every time.!" I know that dog laughed and smiled.
         We do love them and they are such friends to us....
                              Peace to you...Ellie....

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 08:36:25 PM »

jassy i pray for my dogs and cats daily. i know that our Father loves all His creation. my animals have taught me many things about love and companionship. i add my prayers to the others for your two mutts.

claudia

Ninny

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 09:52:49 PM »

Jassy, I think God answers prayers concerning animals! One time about 15 or 20 years ago we bought some goats..We bought a male and a female..I loved the tv show "Moonlighting" the main characters names were Dave and Maddy so that's what we named the goats! Well it happened as naturally as could be in a few months Maddy gave birth to twins! (the vet told us that goats rarely have twins!) soon after they were born we saw that they needed special care..So we brought them in the house..Maddy just wouldn't take care of them!! People laughed at us for bringing the goats in!! Talk about the Beverly Hillbillies! :) in a while one of the babies started acting weird and just fell over and died!! So we concentrated on the other one...within hours that baby started doing the same thing...we gathered around that baby goat and put our hands on him and asked God to heal him and let him live! the little goat lay on the floor quite lifeless until we prayed for him...suddenly without warning the baby goat jumped to his feet and started jumping and running!!  That was the funniest thing and the most wonderful thing for our children to see! Some friends were there and prayed for the goat with us..the children were so amazed saying how Good God is to listen to a prayer for a baby goat!!

As a side note...the baby lived in a box in the house until he was strong enough to get around, the kids wanted to name him Lazarus, because he was brought back from the dead..I said, "No, let's do like the indians and we'll name him according to his character in a few weeks! Pretty soon we had to watch him very closely because he would try to jump up and sleep on the couch! he got into everything and made all kinds of trouble...well I told my kids...the time has come for the baby goat to have a name and to move outside where the goats belong!! His name? Well as I was getting him off the couch for the 100th time..I said "You are nothing but a little Holy Terror!!" So it was decided..His name was Holy Terror and we called him H.T. for short!! hehe! True story...I promise!!

So YES! I believe God hears our prayers for those we love..even if it's an animal!!
Kathy ;)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2010, 11:11:59 AM »

Sweet Kathy!

Holy Terror as HT is also true for hehehe True....HT :D ;)

Arc

jassy

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2010, 06:40:48 PM »

Hi all

I left it for a few days before letting you know but on day after I posted Sarah, the one with hip problems was bouncing around like a spring lamb. Albeit it gingerly. And Jas the sick one was doing the same.
The problems are still there, especially now we are going into our winter.  But I feel different and so do my dogs. That black cloud has lifted.

This whole situation got me back on my face before the Lord and made me sensitive to others again and what they are going through. Sometimes I get wrapped up in my own little world and forget what is going on outside. Then my little world gets threatened and God got me praying for everybody except myself this last month.

I am humbled that God saw fit to use my animals to get me to pray and ask others for prayer. And then He answered those prayers. I feel a great sense of belonging and warmth whenever I think of all of you on this forum. God bless you all richly and Roy, I am also praying for your Mastiff.

jassy

longhorn

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 12:59:10 AM »

Mine are as follows.... Tutor, Maggie, Bobo ( dogs )  Salem, Doodle, Petmont, Smokey and Keiko ( cats ) Lucy ( hen )  Daddy ( rooster ) Douglas ( rabbit ) Kui, Miale, Wilson, Peanut, Cleo, Joey, Stevo, Winnie, Allie ( Birds )........  They all eat, then I eat.  Mess with me or any of my material possessions, no problem... mess with my animals and I will let the County Judge and 11 jurors decide my fate.

Longhorn

Ninny

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 01:21:38 AM »

You're a faithful friend to your critters, Longhorn!!
I have always loved your pets' names! :D
Kathy ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 19 queries.