bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where did THIS verse pop out from?  (Read 4254 times)

daywalker

Where did THIS verse pop out from?
« on: May 26, 2010, 01:18:40 AM »

For awhile I thought that Ecc 3 was the most definitive passage regarding "the dead"...

Ecclesiastes 3:18 I said in my heart with regard to the children of man that God is testing them that they may see that they themselves are but beasts.
19 For what happens to the children of man and what happens to the beasts is the same; as one dies, so dies the other. They all have the same breath, and man has no advantage over the beasts, for all is vanity.
20 All go to one place. All are from the dust, and to dust all return.

In my mind it still is... but of course some Christians may try to say "well, yeah it used to be that way. But since Christ is resurrected we now have a short-cut to heaven"...But wait...I just found the New Testament ANTIDOTE for that doctrine... The one-hit KO blow to their "go to heaven" theory... [some of you I'm sure already know this verse...and I know I've read over it many times, but it didn't STICK OUT for me until just now...]

John 5:28 Do not marvel at this, for an hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice
29 and come out, those who have done good to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil to the resurrection of judgment.

ALL in the TOMBS will hear His Voice... Who are in these tombs? Just the wicked, not the righteous? Nope! Both!

The GOOD will "hear his voice" and COME OUT of their tombs into a "resurrection of life".

The EVIL will "hear his voice" and COME OUT of their tombs into a "resurrection of judgment".

Talk about "book-ended"!!!!

Pretty sure there's NO WAY OUTTA this one!  :D ;D

Daywalker  8)

PS: I must apologize to Jesus because I DID MARVEL when I read this verse!  :)

GinaMilan

Re: Where did THIS verse pop out from?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 02:24:05 AM »

The GOOD will "hear his voice" and COME OUT of their tombs into a "resurrection of life".

The EVIL will "hear his voice" and COME OUT of their tombs into a "resurrection of judgment".

You bring up a very good point, Daywalker.   I don't want to rain on your happiness, but I've been around the block a few times with the "many" who gulp down what I refer to as the Big, Smelly Camel of Eternal Damnation and Hellfire Judgment without batting so much as a single eye-lash:  The "many" will argue with those verses and insist that the dead, both just and unjust, are resurrected immediately upon going into their tombs.

There is no "White Throne Judgment" in their "humble" opinion. 

There is no judgment at all.  Judgment isn't a corrective measure -- it is "hell fire and damnation" a/k/a "The Camel They Do Gulp-eth Down"  :D

Stacey

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 03:28:26 AM »

Amen Daywalker!

GinaMilan, you know your right about that but we can all be happy that we know the truth about it.  :)

Pretty sure there's NO WAY OUTTA this one!  :D ;D

Double Amen!
Stacey

GinaMilan

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 03:56:06 AM »

I am grateful to know that it is a lie and that those who are hurt and bothered by it and who take no delight in it but just haven't been made aware of the truth, as we are, will one day know the truth and be set free like we have been.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 04:00:56 AM by GinaMilan »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 09:17:37 AM »

Ahh! You have COME OUT ! Daywalker!

The Light of Truth shines in what you have shared!!

The Tomb is a parable, symbol and wretched old man beast conquered by the Spirit of Christ! 8)

Arc
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 22 queries.