bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayer from God's elect.  (Read 3457 times)

modena

Prayer from God's elect.
« on: May 27, 2010, 01:32:33 AM »

Hello,

I'm not sure what is happening, dark night of the soul ??? I feel as if I'm loosing my way as fear and doubt consume my thoughts. If Ray has information that might help me through this, please post link.

Please pray, for me to know my Lord and God. Please pray, that I hear His still small voice. Please pray, that I do His will. Please pray, that I am filled with all hope, peace,and joy that comes from our Heavenly father. Please pray, that I have faith that can move mountains. Please pray for me to trust our Lord Jesus and God the father. Please pray, that Godly people will come into my life. Please pray, for Jesus to pray for me.

Usually, I'm pretty tough, confident in my walk with the Lord.

Thank you for your prayers,

All my love,

Modena

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Prayer from God's elect.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 11:00:02 AM »

Please pray, for me to know my Lord and God. Please pray, that I hear His still small voice. Please pray, that I do His will. Please pray, that I am filled with all hope, peace,and joy that comes from our Heavenly father. Please pray, that I have faith that can move mountains. Please pray for me to trust our Lord Jesus and God the father. Please pray, that Godly people will come into my life. Please pray, for Jesus to pray for me.

God is alive, risen and ever present, knowing and powerful....that prayer you ask for Jesus to pray for you...would it be this one...? If so, then your request has been answered already! :) Is that not just so like God who knows what we need before we do! :)

Joh 17:14  I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
Joh 17:15  I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

Maybe this will make a comforting difference for you. :) I can ask, approve, be grateful for God to continue His fine work of making you into His Image. I will thank God that His Work shall not fail and that He has given me to have faith to believe and trust that He takes no pleasure that any should perish and His Pleasure is to make Children for His Kingdom  into the fine image of His most loved Son our Lord Jesus Christ. What about that? Is that good enough for you? :)

Welcome to the Forum. :)

Arc
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 11:04:20 AM by Arcturus »

GinaMilan

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 11:04:00 AM »

We will pray for you, Modena.  What you're going through is not new.  Your house on the sand is coming down.  You're in good company -- all of us have been there, are there, or are going there.  

Matthew 8:25  And his disciples came to him, and awoke him, saying, Lord, save us: we perish.

Mark 4:38  And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish?

Luke 8:24  And they came to him, and awoke him, saying, Master, master, we perish. Then he arose, and rebuked the wind and the raging of the water: and they ceased, and there was a calm.  (One version I know of says "there was a great calm."  Okay?)

God Judges the World in a Pond
God is the Sovereignty of the Sea  (http://bible-truths.com/lake12.html)

On another occasion we read this:

"And straightway Jesus constrained His disciples to get into a ship, and to go before Him unto the other side, while He sent the multitudes away… But the ship was now in the midst of the sea, TOSSED WITH WAVES" (Matt. 14:22-24).

In both cases Jesus SAVED His disciples from the raging waves of the sea.

Ephesians 4

14 Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming.

You've got the right attitude concerning this:

Philippians 4

5  Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.

6  Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

7  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will [and I don't mean "maybe"] guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

We are to have no confidence in our flesh, and so God has you right where He wants you.  

Ray once said to me when I was going through a hard time:  "This too shall pass."  (In other words, as they say, this hasn't come to stay, but to pass!

Ray uses this scripture a lot:  

1 Cor. 1

26 Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth.

27 But God chose the foolish things [people] of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things [people] of the world to shame the strong.

28 He chose the lowly [people] things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not [the "nothings" and the "nobodies"]—to nullify the things that are,

29 so that no one may boast before him.

Correction:  I mean, I don't know if I'm one of the "elect," but I find that very, very comforting, because I'm not that smart!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 12:41:05 PM by GinaMilan »

Linny

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 11:18:45 AM »

Modena,
You are not alone. As stated before, your house built on the sand is falling and you feel you've lost your ground. If you are anything like me, you felt you were such a wise Christian before. Really had it all going on.  ;)
Now, you realize that you did not have a clue.  :( Just relax and take it all in. God is good and He has called you to this place. Learn, unlearn, listen.
Turn your dispair into thankfulness! Find the reasons to be grateful for being called out of Babylon.
But keep in mind, this is your journey. Share all you want to with us, but beware of those not like-minded. I promise, they won't be of help.  :-X :-\
My "Spiritual Mom" years ago told me to shut my mouth and stop sharing my business with those who were not like-minded. A good lesson I came to truly understand once God led me to BT.
You are blessed! Lin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 18 queries.