bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Does Anyone Feel Like an Alien?  (Read 19138 times)

danagonzalez

Does Anyone Feel Like an Alien?
« on: June 29, 2006, 05:08:27 AM »

I have never felt like I really "fit in" in this world. It always seemed like I was sort of watching people living their lives, but I was part of an audience, not feeling like I was a part of the goings on.  I did go to school, play with friends, grow up, get married, have children, attend a church for about nine years, etc., etc.  But, honestly, all the time I've felt like there was something sort of between me and the rest of the world.  Something that didn't allow me to really totally mingle or blend(?) in.  What is THAT??  It has been quiet frustrating and so lonely at times----even with a husband and fiive kids. I feel like an ALIEN alot of the time.  I don't know of anyone who feels the way I do about life and God. Maybe that's why I feel like I do,  does anyone ever feel like this?  My husband believes in God and has accepted Jesus, but really doesn't have any interest in discussing God and His Word.  I'm guessing that God hasn't led my husband to seek knowledge?? I don't know. I would like to see if others have felt this way and if you have any input. Thanks--Dana

worm

Re: Does Anyone Feel Like an Alien?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 08:55:39 AM »

I KNOW I'm an alien :)

yes Dana...I've felt like this since I was little...didn't quite fit in with my family...was always the rebel but never knew why...but to quote the Scripture...maybe we are a "perculiar"people if in this world but not from it?

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 09:55:09 AM »

Yes Dana & worm,

Without elaborating I must agree with this feeling & experience you wrote about. What accompanied this was a feeling of something profoundly great or astonishing in the near future, I found this just as confounding as the "alienation" experience. I did not know the source of this positive expectation or exactly what it would entail, become a sports star, rock star, inventor? Or would I discover a hidden treasure in the most unexpected place?

I believe I know the answer now, 

Thanks for this intriguing thread,

Joe   
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 09:56:53 AM by hillsbororiver »

eutychus

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 10:05:12 AM »

amen.

if you feel like you dont fit into this world rejoice!!!!!

love
euty

mercie

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 10:16:06 AM »

amen.

if you feel like you dont fit into this world rejoice!!!!!

love
euty
Welcome Dana,

Like a Round peg in a square Hole, which just never Fits. Lol!

Welcome to land of Odd Balls. ;D

all4love

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 06:59:38 PM »

I like bobby have tried many many many different ways to fit in and in the proccess made a WHOLE lot of mistakes in my life.  I still have two people that I used to call my best friends but now I guess they are more like aquaintenances because we only talk once in a great while and we no longer have anything in common now that I am being me instead of trying to be someone I am not.  I am glad that I have my husband because like me we are both outcasts.  WE KNOW THE TRUTH.  and others don't like the truth or are just not ready for the truth.  So, yes Dana I totally know how you feel.

God Bless you and Welcome to the forum,
Amy

danagonzalez

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2006, 07:39:10 PM »

:)You people are so great!  Now I know I'm an alien, but it's not so bad knowing that I'm not the only one.  I was beginning to understand that I could be different because of whatever God has in store for me, and I don't really want to be like alot of the other people I've been getting to know (in the world).  It's just that I've been" going it alone " pretty much and even in church I found noone who really had any interest in friendship (I think I'm too wierd for them)  I'm just "real"-- genuine--and I try to really know people and be what God wants me to be.  Anyway, this is a great place to be, to share and care with other aliens about God! I can tell I'm at home (away from home).  Thanks y'all! Dana and  God Bless You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Yea!!

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2006, 12:17:54 AM »

Dear Lord! You have just described how i feel.

Yes we are truly alians as we have been called out of babylon, and God refines us as silver and tries us as Gold!

I know however that i am going for the greater Gold! That is what i want, and i would loose all s as to gain Christ :)

You are NEVER alone here with your brothers and sisters, or anywhere you go with Christ in you, even though in the world it might feel like it at times.

God bless

Alex

jerreye

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2006, 03:31:51 AM »

Well Dana, if it makes you feel better, I am right there with you (I am also married). I ALWAYS felt (still do most of the time) like I simply did not...and DO not belong on this planet. I was always the ODD one, the quiet one...the shy one. I guess it is just an inferiority complex or somthing, but I feel like I was born with it. God sure knows how to "make" someone miserable, doesn't He! I guess it is all a part of his plan. If I were from another planet (perhaps I am? lol), I would probably be from Pluto. :-\

JesusOnly

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2006, 03:51:49 AM »

I know how you feel.  That's all.

love_magnified

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2006, 04:06:23 AM »

I feel like Alf mostly...

I know what you mean. I remember when God led me to the truth and opened my mind (heart) to his truths. I had just joined my church and it was one of those rock and roll, G12, charasmatic churches, where everything is happy and right with the world (above the earth's crust that is). The moment I believed, I knew my life was about to change. And a bit of me felt resentful, if you can believe that. I hadn't been accepted much in early schooling and always suffered a bit for that, and I felt, wow I fit in and now, yet again, I don't fit in. Now I realize God was always preparing me, and we are all being prepared even now.

worm

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2006, 05:46:16 AM »

sheesh...where's my mind...i said I'll quote Scripture and didn't...but here it is:

1Pe 2:9
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

the Greek for "peculiar is:
peripoiēsis
per-ee-poy'-ay-sis
acquisition (the act or the thing); by extension preservation: - obtain (-ing), peculiar, purchased, possession, saving.

We are a people "acquired" and "purchased"  and "preserved" from even before we were born :)

so rejoice little aliens! ;D

jerreye

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2006, 05:42:55 PM »

Good posts love_magnified and worm. You are right. Us "peculiar people" are being prepared. I have wondered about that for a few months now. "Has God been preparing me all of my life for this?"...when we think of it that way, it will be worth it in the end...

Brett

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2006, 07:35:37 PM »

OH, YES! I am VERY REAL ALIEN8) My feeling started that way since last two years and many do not want to welcome me!  :o

You are not alone.  :D

Brett
(deaf)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 07:37:27 PM by Brett »

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2006, 08:36:39 PM »

I have been peculier all of my life (at least in my thinking) and several folks have told me so.

I'll never forget when I moved to Arizona I called my "friends" all the time, I missed them. One day I noticed, (with the exception of a couple of people) I'm always the one calling, most have never called me.

Furthermore, not one member of my family has ever made the trip West to visit me. I don't try and figure it out anymore, I go home once/year to make all the rounds.

Mickyd

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2006, 07:48:34 PM »

Does anyone think that maybe this is what the scripture refers to as being a stranger in a strange land?

orion77

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2006, 12:15:05 AM »

Does anyone think that maybe this is what the scripture refers to as being a stranger in a strange land?

Yes, good point, Mickyd.  We are in the world, yet not of the world, hence we are all soujourners or strangers.  I think this is why God puts such a strong emphasis on being kind and good to the sojourner, fatherless and the widow. 

When we think about it, none of us are here of our own will, and none of us have come to this knowledge of our own will.  We are as if strangers, being led by God in a strange land to the promised land.  And I love this verse:

(Eph 2:12)  that at that time you were without Christ, alienated from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers of the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world.

We were strangers without Christ and now we are strangers to the world, no longer being of the world.

(Eph 2:19)  So, then, you are no longer strangers and tenants, but you are fellow citizens of the saints and of the family of God,

Now, with our eyes opened by God, through faith, even being strangers to the world, we are now of the family of God.  Truly amazing how He works!

God bless,

Gary

john wimbs

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2006, 01:46:51 AM »

man,just seeing you are not the only one feeling this way  helps. For years Ive thought something was wrong with me mentally. I too am married and have children whom I love.But Ive been in a spot in my life where I dont seem to fit in society.

JesusOnly

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2006, 06:45:37 PM »

To be more honest... I feel alien even here at BT's.  There is some sort of "control' here...and for a reason... BUT...the sons and daughters of God are truly free.

Bless your souls.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 06:47:16 PM by JesusOnly »

carol v

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2006, 08:35:21 PM »

You hit home on this one Dana. I've recently found that my only 2 friends...well, God is taking them away. One is just too blind to talk to anymore. One, the man I love, is being revealed as a liar after I placed a whole lot of faith in his integrity. He's only half blind but still has no love of the truth apparently. I'm alone in a West Texas boonie town with my two teenage Egyptian sons...who also feel peculiar. Praise God.

Listen to the song "What's Up" by 4 Non-Blondes. I love this song. Listen to it daily. Even uses the word peculiar. That's how I've felt all my life until God started showing me why.

I let my 14 year old play his guitar at a Pentecostal church and he argued with the youth minister and told me that nothing he said made any sense. Now most parents would get upset and lecture them...not me. I thanked the Lord. He's peculiar too.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 23 queries.