bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fellowship  (Read 5758 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Fellowship
« on: June 29, 2006, 10:16:09 AM »

Hello Mr. Smith,

Something has been on my mind and I wanted to run it past you to get your opinion on it.  I have been reading your commentaries on the web and my understanding of God has grown immensely. For that I thank you.  On the flip side, I have gone to a traditional church ever since I've known myself to grow and learn about God's word.  With my new found understanding of the bible I don't feel the same now about church as I used to.  I recently moved and since moving I don’t really have a desire to look into a church because I already know what they are going to teach…traditions of men and not the truths of God.  At least not all of the truths of God.  The question that I am posing to you is, upon understanding the word as you have how has your worship changed?  Where do you go to worship and how would someone like me who wants to go to church and fellowship with other believers find a church that would at least come close to te aching God's word?

Brother in Christ,

Earlington 

Dear Earlington:

Funny you should as "where" one should go to worship, and where I go to worship.  Someone once asked Jesus this very question, and so I will give you His answer:

"The woman said unto Him, Sir, I perceive that You are a prophet.  Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and you [you Jews] that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship....Jesus said...You worship you know not what...but the hour comes, and now is, when the true worshippers [do you want to be a "TRUE" worshipper?] shall worship the Father IN SPIRIT AND IN TRUTH:  for the Father seeks such to worship Him" (John 4:19-23).

If you go to "a church" composed of people who are NOT "like-minded belivers of the truth," as yourself, how is it that you think that you can "fellowship" with them?  "Be ye NOT unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what FELLOWSHIP has righteousness what unrighteousness? and what communion has light with darkness....WHEREFORE COME OUT FROM AMONG THEM, AND BE YE SEPARATE, says the Lord...." (II Cor. 6:14-18.  See also Rev. 18:4).

God be with you,

Ray 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.