bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What I'd like to see...  (Read 6237 times)

Linny

What I'd like to see...
« on: June 07, 2010, 03:20:30 PM »

Okay, this is just me and perhaps some of you as well but once you newbies (and some of the oldies too  :o ) have been here a while and you know us and trust us, would you mind going into your profile and telling us more about you?
I don't need you phone number or address  ;), but I would like to know who I am talking to. How old are you? Where do you live? Some of your handles don't let us know if you are male or female.
Again, it may only be me but I want to know my fellow BTers better.

Lin
age 48
Central KY

Samson

Re: What I'd like to see...
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 07:13:40 PM »

Okay, this is just me and perhaps some of you as well but once you newbies (and some of the oldies too  :o ) have been here a while and you know us and trust us, would you mind going into your profile and telling us more about you?
I don't need you phone number or address  ;), but I would like to know who I am talking to. How old are you? Where do you live? Some of your handles don't let us know if you are male or female.
Again, it may only be me but I want to know my fellow BTers better.

Lin
age 48
Central KY

Hi Linny,

I don't know if other men are having the same problems, but I can't find on the profile where I can list that I am handsome, and that I have most of my teeth.

Also, I don't want to come across as sexist, but I don't think you will be able to get most of the BT Forum women to list their ages.  Good luck.

John

Hey John,

Like Ray mentioned in one of the Audios, Men are Vain(I'm Handsome & Young looking) and Women strive for Power and Control(except my Wife;  ;), Ha Ha) Only messing with you John,  ;D. If my wife had read your Post, she might have have thought it was mine, especially after a long session of gazing in the mirror to see if I aged anymore.

Well Linda(Linny), On a more serious note, it seems to be a more recent(1-1/2 years) for New Members to not list their Age, Sex, Location, etc. I noticed that too, maybe their afraid because of all the potential scoundrels lurking on the internet. One of the reasons I don't get too involved on Facebook with loading up with too many friend contacts. It can turn into the friend of the friend of the friend syndrome and before you know it, are all these people really my "Friends." Anyway, I don't personally see the harm at the BT Forum with what your advocating, I sorta look for that stuff too.

Take Care, Samson.

judith collier

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 09:50:30 PM »

Hi Linny, I know this about you. You are always refreshing. But you know even when i do know some facts about the others i get them all mixed up and then go in and try to find something  specific and nothing is there. Man, woman at least. Ages, some have younger spirits and I like to see them that way. That includes me of course. There's that vanity again.
But, yeah, it is hard to recall details and when you are giving your heart to someone and you mean it, well, a person wants to get the facts straight. I have quite a few down but need a boost sometimes.
judy, you know my facts.!!

Linny

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 11:40:14 PM »

John, you see, it is a big joke at our house that if my husband loses his teeth, he can go ahead and pack his bags!! :D  ;) So I found that rather amusing.

We women aren't so afraid of our ages these days. 40 is the new 30 and all that. I think that was more of a hangup in previous generations (especially when looking at my grandmother's pictures and realizing she was my age and looked 60!)  :o

Samson, we all know you're a stud.  ;)
Yes, there are scoundrels out there for sure but for anyone questioning this, I've been here with my info since 08 and haven't had a problem.
I trust this place and it appears my trust is well founded.

Judy, you are a sweetie.

I like to know certain info because writing can be tricky over personal face to face and if someone is 18 and male, I'm likely going to speak to them differently than someone 40 and female and also differently than someone 60. Also, someone who isn't American will also post differently sometimes due to cultural stuff. Heck, I'm from redneck KY (although I'm not a redneck but have pretended to be at times!  8)) ! Age, life experience, and gender all play a huge part in how we speak and what we think. This place is such an important place of communication for me. Plus, I'm just nosey.  ;)

Lin

Roy Coates

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 12:18:01 AM »

I agree Linny, it would be nice, a bit more intimate even

GinaMilan

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 01:04:20 AM »

Hello.  I'm Amy Walker.  I'm 25 years old and I was born in...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UgpfSp2t6k

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 01:15:24 AM »

I used to think I didn't post enough info on myself!  :P
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

cjwood

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 02:41:37 AM »

lin, i have thought the same thing. many times when i see newbies introduce themselves, or even older forum members start to post, i will look at their profiles to see at least where they live.

claudia
age 55  8)
austin, tx

jassy

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2010, 04:47:15 AM »

hi lin

As per request I updated profile even though I read more than post.
Was going to put my photo in but realised I am just far too hot and will make others feel inadequate. ;D
So I put Jassy my  hound  with the dumb expressions in instead. Just to let you know, I dont look like a dog.

judith collier

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2010, 05:25:20 AM »

See!!! Wow, Gina, that was impressive and you're pretty too!

noeleena

• live life. love life.
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2010, 07:35:33 AM »

Hi.

Im noeleena. Loch-head. age 62 & will be 63 in aug coming,

We live in waimate between oamaru & timaru in the south isl of new zealand  if you know christchurch we are 2. 1 / 2 hours by car from there. about 1 / 2  way down ,
   we have just over 4 million people in n z .

We ,my mum & later on Jos & our family have moved lived & worked over most of the south isl , so know many people.

we , Jos & i live in waimate pop of under 5000 people, I am a retired
 builder & have worked in the trade plus doing many other jobs over 46 years,  my hobbys are photography , wood work ,wood turning & makeing things weather timber or steel.

We have 3 grown ups  31, 34, 35,  1 girl & 2 boys , we have 7 grand kids under 12 & one more due in 3 weeks  4 boys & will be 4 girls,
 Im involoved in womens groups & other s as well,

im a edwardian girl & we dress up in the 1900 to1910  time frame & we do & have lots of places we go to, & meet up with many people ,

iAllso do photography for a number of them so have access to many places,
 Because im well accepted i meet many people both face to face & in our communitys  both here in n z  & world wide.

Because im some what different, my name reflects female,
  Tho my birth name was / is noel, because of what i am a androgynous person who is wired female as well as male , tho i live as a woman because i am & because i accepted who i am ,& from age 10 i knew,

Tho it may be strange for some to accept,  we are what we are,
  Any way just a little about us.

...noeleena...
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 07:40:45 AM by noeleena »

Linny

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010, 03:56:03 PM »

Thanks so much everyone! I look forward to hopefully seeing more info on people's profiles.
Blessings, Lin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.