bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jeremiah query  (Read 4736 times)

HoneyLamb56

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Jeremiah query
« on: June 11, 2010, 09:43:25 PM »

Can someone please clarify who is speaking in Jer." 6:11?  In verse 6:9 it says "thus says the Lord of hosts; I presumed it to be God as it continues on; so what does it mean, "I am full of the fury of the Lord"?

mharrell08

Re: Jeremiah query
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 09:59:27 PM »

Can someone please clarify who is speaking in Jer." 6:11?  In verse 6:9 it says "thus says the Lord of hosts; I presumed it to be God as it continues on; so what does it mean, "I am full of the fury of the Lord"?

The Lord

Jer 6:11-12  Therefore I am full of the fury of the LORD. I am weary of holding it in. “ I will pour it out on the children outside, And on the assembly of young men together; For even the husband shall be taken with the wife, The aged with him who is full of days. And their houses shall be turned over to others, Fields and wives together; For I will stretch out My hand Against the inhabitants of the land,” says the LORD.

The Lord has often referred to Himself in the 3rd person. For example, 'Shall the Son of Man find faith on the earth' which was spoken by Jesus, the Son of Man.

Hope this helps,

Marques

judith collier

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 08:06:19 AM »

Boy, I sure feel like the Lord did many times. Glad I wasn't God or everybody would have gotten it! i like to read the psalms because they get my anger out. judy

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 09:58:26 AM »

Hi HoneyLamb56

I read the full chapter with the verse you question and it reminded me of the story told by Habakkuk.  Comparing “Spiritual with Spiritual”,  God is the consuming fire that authors the purging of his children to perfection and insight of Him. The Scriptures are alight with examples of how God chastises and makes right through purging away our false beliefs and idols of heart and mind. 

The word fury in the verse you present is translated as heat which certainly describes our God who is a Consuming Fire that glows throughout the Scriptures.  :)

Arc

HoneyLamb56

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 12:34:39 PM »

thanks Marques;  I'd forgotten about the Lord speaking of himself in the 3rd person; when you're learning so much, it's sometimes the little things that don't get retained;  the scripture also is clearer with Arcturus' translation of the word fury.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.