bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Touchdown jesus  (Read 4882 times)

musicman

mharrell08

Re: Touchdown jesus
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 12:20:46 PM »

Excerpt from article:

The 4,000-member, nondenominational church was founded by former horse trader Lawrence Bishop and his wife. Bishop said in 2004 he was trying to help people, not impress them, with the statue. He said his wife proposed the Jesus figure as a beacon of hope and salvation and they spent about $250,000 to finance it.

Never have so many...done so little...with so much!  :(

gmik

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 06:16:36 PM »

I know it was a waste, but I got used to it as a mile marker down i-75.....Hey, the touchdown Jesus, almost to Cincy!!!!  Going home up I-75 " Hey, here is the touchdown Jesus already, almost to Dayton!!"  Now what will we do??  (start flying to Florida!) ;D

Ninny

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 07:43:44 PM »

Oh my gosh! Musicman! This is more proof that you can't fool mother nature!! You can't build your own Jesus! And you can't count on a savior made of steel and foam! I'm thankful that the real Jesus is in control of the wind and the rain! (and the lightening!) Yep, that is sad such a waste of money!  :(   People have strange ways of getting your attention...There is a big sign near Birmingham Al.. There is a picture of a big red devil with a pitchfork and the sign reads..."Go to church, or the devil will get you!"  People are just weird!!
Kathy ;)

daywalker

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 07:59:07 PM »

And this statute once stood where? In front of "the evangelical Solid Rock Church???

coryd123

Jesus statue destroyed near my area
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 10:41:29 PM »

In Dayton Ohio about 50 minutes away from Columbus Ohio where I live A huge mega churches 62 foot $700,000 (WOW) statue of a supposedly beautiful Jesus was destroyed by lightning. I have drove past this statue over 5 times with my brother whenever we are in Dayton and every time we drive past it it quickly grabs our eyes and it seems every time we see it we end up talking about the church system and how corrupt it is, he understands this and he is not even a believer in Christ and I always start talking about Graven images and Idols and how we try to copy spiritual mystery's and we worship them. My brother called me this morning and told me about it and he said WHAT WERE THE CHANCES THAT THIS HAPPENED? I said this was NO CHANCE I believe GOD destroyed this statue image because this looks nothing like the Jesus in the bible. Oh if we would just fear the Lord and understand his ways.

Isaiah 53:2 He grew up in his presence like a young tree, like a root out of dry ground. He had no form or majesty that would make us look at him. He had nothing in his appearance that would make us desire him.

Hopefully I am allowed to post this, here is the link below

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/dayton-news/jesus-statue-fire-damages-estimated-at-700-000jesus-statue-fire-damages-estimated-at-700-000-762245.html

I just wanted to also quote what some of the church members quoted on the link that really caught my eye
“It has been a landmark in this area for a long time,” Lewis said. “She said she wanted picture of what was left.”
“It meant so much to so many people,” Browning said. “The statue can be destroyed and gone, but Jesus can’t be.”
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 16 queries.