bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coming out of the Pentecostal Doctrine  (Read 17112 times)

jj81

Re: Coming out of the Pentecostal Doctrine
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2010, 01:49:05 AM »

Hey Josh... I haven’t drunk cow’s milk for the last approximately 3 1/2 years, nor do I give it to my 5 year old son. He and I both love alternatives such as almond and coconut milk. I came across the same information, along with numerous other nutritional topics, back then and it blew my mind. I wasn't too surprised though as I was already 3 1/2 years into realizing the lies of the church. Actually, learning proper nutrition and coming to understand the lies of the food industry complemented my spiritual revelations as well... kinda crazy the way it correlated.

Speaking in 'tongues'... I did this on a regular basis. I can remember times that it felt just as you described and other times that I simply did it at will (this was the majority of the time). I can't explain the feeling of 'you not being in control'. Two thoughts about this... 1- the human brain (specifically the regions pertaining to emotions) is extremely complex. Many types of strange and powerful feelings can be caused by numerous variables. People pass out at the site of their 'idol' performing their 'nock em' dead dance moves. These intense feelings seem as though they stem from whatever it is that we are passionate about or strongly believe in. I know, growing up in apostolic-pentecostalism, that they chalk these feelings up as God 'moving on them' or ' touching them' or 'feeling His Presence'. I'm not denying that it is any one of these; however, secular people have similar secular experiences at times of high intensity. 2- Could it simply be a part of the 'strong delusion' in the last days? Growing up in this denomination I have seen some strange things that I don't think happen in most other faiths within christianity... (and this topic is a bit heavy) like demon possessed people having the demons cast out of them by ten or so shouting people. Three times as a kid I witnessed this. It was much like the movies... it took hours to accomplish and at the exiting of the demon the people projected colored oozy vomit (sorry for the nasty mental picture) out of their mouth. I do not know how authentic these situations were, I just know what I saw. My parents were among the group 'casting’ the demons out of the individuals. I’m not saying that speaking in tongues while feeling as though you are not in control is equivalent to demon possession. This is simply my attempt to figure out the things that I have witnessed in the apostolic-pentecostal religion. I know Ray speaks of false doctrines being demons or something to that effect… I wonder if anyone on the forum would have some Biblical incite they could offer on this subject.  Not looking to change the topic… but has anyone else seen things like this (besides in The Exorcist:))?

Whatever the case the ‘tongues’ thing can be quite a difficult one. Read Ray’s paper on it… it will most likely help shed some light as far as what the Bible has to say about it.

Justin

GinaMilan

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2010, 05:58:09 AM »

Hi Justin:

Here is an excerpt from Ray's Nashville 2007 conference:

"This was a 75 year old lady, each of us had one arm one leg, she was just violent.  We would ask, ‘who are you?’  She would just snarl and then she would give us a name.  We didn’t know, so we would just command these things to come out, in the name of Jesus Christ.  And then she would settle down and be like, ‘what are you all doing?’  We’d say, well you’re not feeling to good Anne, ‘well, what’s wrong?’  You are just not feeling good right now.  Then her face would snarl up and she would start yelling at us.  We would say, who are you?  It’s kind of comical now, I don’t think that demons are smart.  I remember that at one point there was one, I did know them all, but I started to forget them.  But this one was named Bok, and we cast out Bok.  Then we cast out a bunch of others.   So one after the other, they would just take her and we’d cast them out, then she would just settle down and be fine.  She would say, ‘what’s wrong, why am I on the floor?’  She didn’t know what was happening.  We would ask each one’s name and it was a different demon.  One time I ask who are you, and it said ‘Bouk,’ we said wait a minute we just cast you out, it said, ‘no, that was Bok, I’m Bouk.’  I’m serious."
Source:  http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4472.msg37590.html#msg37590

I have never seen anyone spew yellow (or any other color of) vomit.  (Well, except for my daughter when she had colic!)

I personally know a little girl ( ;)) who back in 1973, and 8 at the time, came in from playing outdoors one late afternoon and passed through the living room and down the hall to her room.  On her way through the living room, she saw her 17-year-old brother sitting on their couch next to their mother.  "How odd is this!" she thought.  He's sitting next to mom and with his arm around her neck and just looking at her and cherishing her as if he'd not seen her in decades!  He was elated to just be near her and was being very gentle.  

The little girl was now back in her bedroom, and all was calm.  Then a loud POP.   And there she stood in her bedroom next to her closet near the entrance to the hallway, all 5'1", 102 lbs. of her with her son next to her, his eyes bulging and looking like he was going to fly into a rage!  He couldn't stand still, he was freaking out.  She was hunched over in pain and looking terrified, and wimpering like a puppy, with her hands cupping her mouth as blood poured through her fingers and onto the green carpet, probably praying to God (please, no more!), having just had every last one of her upper teeth pulled and replaced in the week prior.  He'd punched his mother square in her mouth.

The little girl and her other brothers and sisters all huddled together in a bedroom, knees wobbling and trying to protect and praying for protection.  And then a loud knock on the door.  (Gasps).  Their brother flings the bedroom door wipe open and just stands there; one hand on the doorknob and the other clutching the doorjamb, his chest rising and falling hard, eyes wide open and looking to me like, "You're next."  

Turns around and shuts the door behind him.

It took my father and three or four fully GROWN men in our neighborhood what seemed like an hour to chase his butt down and tackle him, then struggle to get in the back of Leon Newman's car so they could get him to the hospital.   He gets out of the hospital three days later and I see him walking up the driveway, acting his normal p'd off self.

He'd dropped acid and had a bad trip.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 06:27:12 AM by GinaMilan »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2010, 10:52:09 AM »

Hi Justin

A preacher came to my shop a few weeks ago. He had been trying to recruit me to his Cell Group and Church. He had been trying for months. Then finally during the course of our conversation he learned that I believe Jesus will save everyone. He was shocked! He said he knew there was something wrong with me. He had felt it, he said and now, he knew what it was. After saying that I would be joining Satan and the false prophet in the LOF, I told him I do not believe in Hell. "You don't believe in Hell!" he screeched then with absolute disgust, he turned on his heal in the fury and immediacy of instantly ignited anger he fled out of the shop.  He literally ran out of the shop! The demons made the dash with him. It was such a quick dash, I did not see who left first!! They couldn't take the heat!~ :D

I have felt the shame and humiliation of dark foolishness of having once falsely believed to have "spoken in tongues" for which God in His Goodness caused me to bitterly repent for which I am most deeply grateful. It is nothing more than a practise of hypocrisy producing the fruit of deception for those who both deceive and are being deceived.

Arc
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 11:23:56 AM by Arcturus »

Linny

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2010, 12:10:29 PM »

Hey Justin, we also have completely left behind many/most of the world's traditions and beliefs and western medicine. My girls are not vaccinated, didn't drink milk or formula, are home schooled, don't do flouride, and are rarely ill with nothing more than a fever or cold and have strong teeth with no cavities. Our family food journey has taken many different turns and we have finally arrived at a nice balance. Don't even get me started on food additives, politics/voting, media information, patriotism, etc.  ;) :o 

We came out of the charismatic church and I had been practically begging God for the "gift" of tongues. Never got it  :) but even in the midst of it, disagreed with our church's stance that that gift was the sign of actually being saved.  ::) Such crapola.

We have many differing beliefs here regarding all the worldly stuff you mentioned so I personally found it best to share those with the like-minded rather than possibly offend or get your feelings hurt.  ;)
Feel free to pm me if you want.
Lin

Linny

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2010, 11:24:09 PM »

See? That's what I meant Justin. When you step on people's (food) toes... ;) :D

John, I personally don't have a problem with raw milk, it's the homogenized, pasturized, growth hormoned kind we stay away from and the raw is hard to find since it is illegal in most states.
We also love raw cheese as well which is much easier to find. Great, absorbable calcium. Yum.
Oh, and the same kind they ate and drank in the Old Testament like you mentioned.  ;)

GinaMilan

« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2010, 12:05:07 AM »

Oh, please, please, would you please just stop?!

Oh, no, here it comes.  Dang it all! 

"You're feeling very hungry now.  You want to have some cheese!  Must go get the cheese........"

I'm coming, cheese, Hold on!  Be there in a minute!!

Ah, Man!  Now, see what you made me do?!  :P

Linny

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2010, 12:31:33 AM »

John, I didn't say any of your food choices were a sin before God. As far as I know, there are no Scriptures banning pasturized foods.  ::) We don't do what we do for any "religious" reasons.
We are also not anal about our food choices. We do partake of the evil pasturized cheese on occasion and so far with no NDE's. I am pickier about what I bring home to the frig than what I get when we are out.
We simply make the best choices we can, when we can, and we have seen the amazing results of it in our children. Kids who don't get sick more than one or two times a year for about 2 days max make a mommy's life easier and much less stressed.  :)

GinaMilan

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2010, 12:56:42 AM »

We are also not anal about our food choices. We do partake of the evil pasturized cheese on occasion and so far with no NDE's
~Linny

haha!

Linny

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2010, 12:32:25 PM »

Thank you John. I figured you were joking. I think you like shock and mock humor.  ;) ;D

thirtyfour

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2010, 03:40:38 PM »

Whats funny about all this is I was just mentioning on one of my post about milk and other things and Justin replied...then he asked if anyone else had anything to share about tongues and somehow milk took over and John poured on the sarcasm...Anyway thanks for everything to all those who have responded...I have attended many different types of churches but the apostolic church I attended for 8 yrs...I even took 3 yrs of Bible college ( apostolic of course)...So this is a huge deal for me...Justin you definitely know where I'm coming from...thanks guys...till next time...Josh

mmijares

« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2010, 03:37:51 AM »

Hi Josh,

We're kind'a the same when it comes to spiritual path.  I joined many religious groups, including the New Age.  My longest stay in a church was when I was in Oneness Pentecostal Apostolic Church.  The brotherly bonding there was great!  I actually miss all my friends there (I wonder where they are now).  But since I was young at that time, I wasn't much particular about doctrines.  I just went to the flow of fellowship.  But little by little, I began to notice that we are forcing to something that are not true... like speaking in tongue...seeing a vision...listening to someone speaking for God (a prophet or prophetess).  Yes, every service, there was this lady who always "speak for God" and gave us message concerning different things (She even uttered once "not to believe that Eve had sex with the serpent".. kind a awkward to hear by a young member like me)...

Well, those were the days....

christalfan

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2010, 10:39:03 AM »

Hi there 34,

I am from South Africa, KZN. I can identify a bit with your situation. I was a youth Pastor and a bible teacher in a pentecostal church too! I spoke in toungues big time! [gibberish - no one ever interpreted wht I said for 5 years! no to mention hearing those raka bashaya rikekeke lebastaf nonsense that came out of MY mouth!] Man I did the whole works; spoke to demons and they spoke back!!! [can't even tell if this was real or pretence] place my shoe over people and they rolled over and hissed like snakes, 'sent fire over demons and they screamed'  :o [all the scary silly stuff you can think of] and all along I thought I was an 'anoited man' of God :D. When I look at all of it back now.. I marvel how satan rode me like that.

Last night I was watching my self speaking in toungue from one of my old DVD's sermon! Yeeesh, boy I was decieved! Glory to God I am being healed [saved] now. Guess what, I prayed a similar prayer like your! God answered. I discovered BT last year in October while I was studying about Ge Hinnom. All I can say is my life will never be the same  ;D , After coming to Bible Truths I was bewilded how Ray taught the Gospel of Jesus. This is the staff my soul has been longing to hear - HOPE, LOVE AND FAITH. I couldn't get a proper night sleep reading the LOF until I finished it in 2months. Man! it was like someone woke me from a nightmare! I thought I was going mad!

I tried with my senoir Pastor and things went heywire. he immediatly called all 'church' commt. members and I was sorted out straight. They fired me without a case for saying JESUS IS THE SAVIOR OF THE WORLD! I lost all my 'church' buddies too! It was lonely in the beginning but I soon realized I just entered into a new church, the Body of Christ Himself!

Anyway welcome to the forum and God bless you and your family!

Christalfan

thirtyfour

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2010, 07:40:51 PM »

This is so awesome...I cannot believe how many ex-tongue talkers there are who believe the TRUE Gospel...This is exactly what I needed to hear...Thank you so much for sharing some of your testimony with me...I only spoke in tongues once but I was told that was one of the re sons for my struggles with the Pentecostal church was I didn't have enough Holy Ghost...I needed to be prayed up...But something just never seemed right to me and now finally after 8 yrs I know what it was...It is so Amazing that I have "Come out from among her"...I remember the Pentecostals always said that God was referring to them when He said that...I actually Love the WORD now and can honestly say I love God more than ever...Take Hell out of the bible and it is a fascinating book, from a Fascinating God!!!...email me anytime...joshrh34@aol.com....thanks to all who have responded...I am a member of the Church of the Living God..WOOOHOOOO...Josh

sound_wave

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2010, 08:13:55 AM »

This happened to me a few years ago, minus the wife and kids part, lol. But what a paradigm shift, once the truth is revealed to you! I'll write up my own intro soon but i feel ya, totally! I always come here for encouragement, otherwise, im on my own (local family/friends are either fundies [fundamentalists] or calvinists).

Great to hear your testimony (and others), always encouraging and exciting!

Phil3:10

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2010, 02:46:15 PM »

Josh,
Your testimony is so very much like nearly everyone on this forum. Most of us come out of the untruths and man-made doctrines of the church system. I can associate with you regarding your wife and the input of all who responded is good information. GOD works in HIS time frame and not ours. By you example, tenderness, and reasonableness you will be most influential in leading your wife and family into a real relationship with the real GOD. Remember that GOD wills and GOD does HIS will. Be ever so thankful that HE has touched your life with real truths and stay in this site and Ray Smith's teaching to be filled with GOD'S real truths.
In HIM,
Phil3:10

Dawidos

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2010, 11:25:34 AM »

Could somebody tell me in a brief reply what this Pentecostal Doctrine is about. I'm kind of lost in all those christian denominations, communities and doctrines. :D

mmijares

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2010, 09:13:11 AM »

Oneness Pentecostal, in contrast with Trinitarian Pentecostal, believes that Jesus Christ is THE God who manifested as the father in the OT, the son in the NT, and holy spirit after the Pentecost.  Their other minor doctrines are hell, speaking in tongue, seeing visions, prophesying in this generation, tithing, hair length, dress code, music accompaniement....

Dawidos

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2010, 10:00:33 AM »

stormcrowfleet

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2010, 06:46:32 PM »

Wow what a great thread. thank you everyone. I came out of the same thing!! a dead sea that washes up a lot more "backsliddin" folks then it does fruits of the spirit.  I'm grateful to God to be grabbed out of that.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 17 queries.