bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The story of an ex-atheist  (Read 14106 times)

Samson

Re: The story of an ex-atheist
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2010, 02:20:16 PM »

Welcome Dawidos,

Enjoyed your introduction ! I noticed that you mentioned Gary Amirault. Did you ever read His testimony as to How and When He embraced Universal Reconciliation. Gary's a former Atheist too. The Catholic Church experience was the CAUSE that first led to His former Atheistic stand. It was an enlightening Testimony. I don't go to His WeB-Site anymore, but I did enjoy His You-Tube interview with Louis Abbott(An Analytical Study of Words) which explains rather well about Aion and it's derivatives(Aions & Aionios), also touching on the Hebrew Word Olam.

Anyway, glad you have joined the Forum Membership and looking forward to your responses.

Kind Regards, Samson.

Dawidos

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2010, 06:39:51 PM »

I don't know what to say. So many kind words for me :) Thank you, all of you :)

Samson. I didn't read the testimony of Gary Amirault, but after reading your post I will do it :) His website had also a large part in my conversion. Like Mr. Smith, he was also a target of many "brutal attacks". I suppose the biggest difference between Mr. Amirault's teaching and Mr. Smith's teaching is their view on free will. I agree with Mr. Smith on this matter. Anyway, all proponents of universal salvation/reconcilation deserve our respect and interest :)

EKnight

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2010, 10:50:46 PM »

Hi David,

Welcome to the forum. 

Is that your real picture? because you look exactly like Jacob in the television series Lost.

Eileen

Dawidos

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2010, 06:10:58 AM »

No, it isn't. You are right. This is the picture of Jacob played by Mark Pellegrino from Lost. One of my favourite character from this tv series. Below is my real picture.

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2010, 03:20:47 AM »

Actually Dawidos your command of the English language, especially the American dialect is almost embarrassingly superior to Native English speakers such as me.

It is a blessing to be able to converse with a brother from another nation and learn things about the world that normally would require living in your nation for a year or more.

I'm curious, are you familiar with languages other than English and Język polski?

Just kidding, I had to look that up on the internet.

Regards, Ole Indiana Bob

p.s. we have a large Polish community here in Northern Indiana and have even named one near by county after Tadeusz Kosciuszko a man who served with the revolutionary army in 1776.

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2010, 05:00:20 AM »

Thought that picture looked familiar also.. I haven't seen lost, but I remember him from Dexter (as Rita's ex-husband, Paul)

Anyway welcome and God bless brother

Phil3:10

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2010, 03:56:44 PM »

David,
Welcome to the forum and your English is great. I do not know any Polish and admire your determination to become so proficient in English. I enjoyed your testimony and feel that our LORD is leading many out of the untruths taught by the church systems of this world. I do feel the Catholic Church teaches the most untruths and all the other Christian Churches are just little  off-shoots of the Catholic Universal Church. I do believe that our GOD led you to the Bible-Truths.com site and the teachings of Ray Smith to reveal to you HIS wonderful truths.
I am so very glad you have joined us and look forward to your future posts. I thank my GOD daily for leading me to the truths of HIS wonderful word and pray that you will continue to find HIS truths and grow in the nurture and admonition of or LORD AND SAVIOR, JESUS, THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD, and the SAVIOR OF THE WORLD.
In HIM,

daywalker

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2010, 03:13:18 PM »

Thought that picture looked familiar also.. I haven't seen lost, but I remember him from Dexter (as Rita's ex-husband, Paul)

He also plays "Lucifer" in Supernatural  8)

acomplishedartis

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2010, 04:57:05 AM »

But had I really turned away from God before? It was "god" worshipped by the Catholic Church in whom I stop believing in. Or maybe circumstances shouldn't be an excuse here? Are there any Scriptures in the Bible regarding ex-atheists?

I have thought before about atheist people understanding the Scriptures. I had also thought how can somebody 'return to his first love'; if he suposedly 'never had a first love'?, or, how can someone 'come out of her' (the churchy system) if he suposedly was never in?

I believe there is good answers to these questions. And I guess that even if it could be more dificult for somebody whom distrust the bible to get understand, there must be exceptions.                   

I also think that childrens until a certain point have a lot of innocence, I remember feeling closer to God as a kid before understanding better all the indoctrinations of the church and start believing in the phantom of having my own free will, and by the way, if you think about the act of evangelizing kids (to save them from H***), it is very sick.

ps. David, I share with you the non-English native speaking thing - welcome to these forum community.

Dawidos

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2010, 10:58:29 AM »

Actually Dawidos your command of the English language, especially the American dialect is almost embarrassingly superior to Native English speakers such as me.

It is a blessing to be able to converse with a brother from another nation and learn things about the world that normally would require living in your nation for a year or more.

I'm curious, are you familiar with languages other than English and Język polski?

Just kidding, I had to look that up on the internet.

Regards, Ole Indiana Bob

p.s. we have a large Polish community here in Northern Indiana and have even named one near by county after Tadeusz Kosciuszko a man who served with the revolutionary army in 1776.
Actually I was told that I had been learning English spoken in the Great Britian, not "American" English, although I'm definitely more interested in the American culture and arts that the British one. I've been learning German also, but believe me with no sucess. By the way God really wanted to teach us humility by creating so many languages :D I'm quite familiar with Tadeusz Kosciuszko and his words For [both] our freedom and yours. According to Wikipedia Thomas Jefferson called Kościuszko "as pure a son of liberty as I have ever known." I can be only proud that when evil were spreading around the world in the form of nazism or communism, Poles was always in the great resistance against them.

God bless you

Welcome, Shawn Fainn . Yeah, Mark Pellegrino played some bad guys, but I will always remember him as Jacob, who resigned from personal freedom and happiness to protect something which was very important but very mysterious as well. He didn't need explanations, he took this hard job, just by faith. God bless you .

David,
Welcome to the forum and your English is great. I do not know any Polish and admire your determination to become so proficient in English. I enjoyed your testimony and feel that our LORD is leading many out of the untruths taught by the church systems of this world. I do feel the Catholic Church teaches the most untruths and all the other Christian Churches are just little  off-shoots of the Catholic Universal Church. I do believe that our GOD led you to the Bible-Truths.com site and the teachings of Ray Smith to reveal to you HIS wonderful truths.
I am so very glad you have joined us and look forward to your future posts. I thank my GOD daily for leading me to the truths of HIS wonderful word and pray that you will continue to find HIS truths and grow in the nurture and admonition of or LORD AND SAVIOR, JESUS, THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD, and the SAVIOR OF THE WORLD.
In HIM,
Welcome. What can I say about such kind words. Your post is a brief, but very touching testimony of the Truth. God, bless you and same wishes to you :)

I have thought before about atheist people understanding the Scriptures. I had also thought how can somebody 'return to his first love'; if he suposedly 'never had a first love'?, or, how can someone 'come out of her' (the churchy system) if he suposedly was never in?

I believe there is good answers to these questions. And I guess that even if it could be more dificult for somebody whom distrust the bible to get understand, there must be exceptions.                  

I also think that childrens until a certain point have a lot of innocence, I remember feeling closer to God as a kid before understanding better all the indoctrinations of the church and start believing in the phantom of having my own free will, and by the way, if you think about the act of evangelizing kids (to save them from H***), it is very sick.

ps. David, I share with you the non-English native speaking thing - welcome to these forum community.

Welcome, Moises

Yeah, I remember this feeling as a kid as well. Based on my experience I can tell you that living as an atheist is very hard and hopeless. You believe only in a material world and discover many dissapointments in it which upsets you very much. You don't believe you will find justice, mercy and love after death, so you desperately look for them here and now, but when you don't you are very angry at the world and all people. Therefore you say to yourself you should stop worrying about others and just focus on yourself and it is a straight pathway to become an egoist. As usual there are exceptions, but I'm talking what I was feeling when I was one of them.

By the way, where are you from?

God, bless you
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 01:35:26 PM by Dawidos »

acomplishedartis

« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2010, 04:34:54 AM »

About what I said on here:

I have thought before about atheist people understanding the Scriptures. I had also thought how can somebody 'return to his first love'; if he supposedly 'never had a first love'?, or, how can someone 'come out of her' (the churchy system) if he supposedly was never in?

it was only talking about people whom never had been part of any christian religion system. When somebody as a kid is taught Chatolic teachings and then he become an atheist, that person did learned at list something about God and about Jesus (even so very wrong interpreted). I wonder if somebody had ever heard or known of people whom never had been part of any christian religion system and also is an atheist that have come to start to understand the Scriptures?

David, You ask me where am I from. I was meant to be born on Guadalajara Jalisco (South-center of Mexico), I was raised on a Christian church medium size and as a kid my school was also part of a Christian church, when I was seventeen my heart and mind start going out of her. Thanks, for what you share about your past feelings, I think I might will be able to understand a little better people whom call them selves atheist.

ps. That picture you have trick me the first time i saw it, I thought that was you (and bet I am not the only one), maybe that was not your intention, but it is obvious that the chances for misunderstanding are very high.
You know, some of these days I will put a photograph of my face on below my name.

legoman

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2010, 01:00:16 PM »

Hi David, thanks for sharing your testimony!

I must admit I am a big fan of Wikipedia. It is the source I have used many times. While I was browsing the entry about Christian Univeralism, I noticed  a link grouped into the External Links section which guided me to bible-truths.com (although I am deeply sorry to inform you that the link is no longer there; it only proves that many are afraid of L. Ray Smith teachings).     

That is amazing!  I was one of the people who put that link on the Christian Universalism page, as well as on the Lake of Fire page.  Thankyou for pointing out that the links have been removed.  Its happened in the past at least a couple times, and I've had to put them back.  It seems this time someone was zealously cleaning up "opinion links" on wikipedia and removed the reference to bible-truths.  But I have now restored the links, so hopefully future readers will find their way here just like you did.

Be well...

Dawidos

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2010, 08:13:00 PM »

Legoman, this is truly amazing. So there is a "spiritual bridge" between you and me, built by God. You (and maybe other people too) had your part in my spiritual conversion. Thank you. God, bless you brother :)

Dawidos

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2010, 05:18:13 PM »

God, bless you sister :) And thank you for such kind words :)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 19 queries.