bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Roy Martin..prayers please!  (Read 13201 times)

jj81

Re: Roy Martin..prayers please!
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2010, 01:27:31 AM »

Roy,

I do not know you, but my heart is pricked. My prayers and tears tonight are for you and your daughter. I pray that you receive all that you need.

Love in Him,
Justin

Beloved

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2010, 04:07:00 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8DRP3O22Xk&feature=related

In Loving Memory of (Martin) Royce Dan Jones

(Joh 11:25)  Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

(Joh 11:26)  And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
(Joh 11:40)  Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

(Joh 11:43)  And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.

(Joh 14:20)   At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

Tears are the prism by which we see God, ALL of here are with you in spirit at this time

beloved
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 04:20:36 AM by Beloved »

Roy Martin

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2010, 08:57:47 AM »

Hello brothers and sisters,
 My gratitude for your prayers and sympathy is indescribable. Thank you very much.
Its very painful,but God has gave me peace in this storm. Now I know why He was leading me from all external sources for the past 4-6 months, laying it on my heart to seek Him (within me) with all my heart mind and soul, to boldly say," I have to have you Father, and nothing else, all is from you, out of you, everything I want and need is in you. You are in me, let me feel you as one together.
 God prepared me for a parents greatest fear. His breath is my breath. I feel Him. Today I look in the mirror and I don't see me. I see my Heavenly Father, and His love that is endless.
  My son is one big step closer to home. He will not have to suffer in this life anymore.
  All of the family on the mothers side is what my sorrow and pain is for. They are beyond hearing and seeing. I tried to share with my daughter; Roy's twin, something about God, and right away I knew she was ready to eat my lunch. I spent 5 minutes with her, and haven't been able to go back.I have stayed at home by myself worshiping and praising God.
 Family night is Sunday. I already know I will be be facing all the questions of why would God do this. God is in me; He will answer their questions. I know that they will see Him in me. I also know that some will see the peace in me and find it offensive. God won't just be with me; He will be in me as one.

Peace
Roy

« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 09:22:04 AM by Roy Martin »

Roy Coates

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2010, 12:35:51 PM »

Your testimony is an inspiration to me. What a devastating event. I have no words. Peace be with you, thanks for sharing.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 03:47:44 PM by Roy Coates »

lauriellen

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2010, 01:36:02 PM »

love & prayers to you and your family....=(

Ninny

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2010, 03:58:53 PM »

Roy, my friend..you are going to be ok..God is definitely comforting you and loving you. God can love your family through you.
You can't control what anyone else does, but you can let God shine through you. The only thing you can do is...stand..
Kathy  :'( :-*

judith collier

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2010, 04:54:58 PM »

Roy, God be with you contunually and with your family. Judy

Astrapho

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2010, 05:03:39 PM »

Words are insufficient, so... -virtual hug-  :'(

mmijares

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2010, 08:56:42 PM »

This is so sad....especially this Fathers' Day...  :(

margo

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2010, 10:36:39 PM »

Dear Roy,
God the Father Loves you so much that He sent His own Son for your dear son.
Prayers are with you and your family.
Love Margo

jingle52

« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2010, 12:29:26 PM »

Sorry for your loss Roy, praying for you and your family!
God's Blessings!

Roy Martin

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2010, 01:09:48 PM »

Words can't express my thanks to all of you for your prayers.
 Today is family day at the funeral home. I have kept to myself since Roy's death just clinging to God in worship and praise. This will be the first time to see Roy's body. I don't want to see him like that, but I feel like I have to.
All I have been asking from God is to let His presence in me give the family some peace.
I already know I'll be asked why God lets these things happen, but I'm counting on Christ in me to answer for me.
I'm very tired, I haven't cried yet, I need to cry, but all I can do is praise God and remember the times with Royce.

Roy

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2010, 04:19:10 PM »

His grace is sufficient.  I can't imagine what you have been walking through, but you already have the testimony of God walking this out both with and through you.  There is an old saying that I would rather see a sermon than hear one anyday.  Your family may not be able to hear what you say but they will see a sermon in the days ahead.  It will bear fruit in the future in God's timing.  God bless, and when this is all over you need to give yourself some time.  The days just after this is all over might be harder for you than what you are walking through at the present.

cjwood

« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2010, 03:42:22 AM »

roy,
as i told you on fb, i thought about you several times sunday, and how it is father's day and you were to be with your other family members today at the funeral home. my heart ached for you. you will cry when your body is ready and your heart is expended. it will come. and it will go. and you roy will grow stronger as you continue to keep your eyes on your Elder Brother, and God the Father.

claudia

Nan

« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2010, 04:21:10 PM »

I will for for Roy and his family.

Joel

« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2010, 09:03:19 PM »

You, and yours are in my prayers Roy.
I am deeply sadden at the loss of you son, I have lost many family members over the years, but never a child of my own.
I have thought about Job, and all he lost in his day.
I pray that if that should ever happen to me, God would give me the grace to say as Job.
"The Lord gave , and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord."

Joel

Roy Martin

« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2010, 08:49:44 AM »

Its a new day and life goes on. Thanks again for the prayers and sympathy.
 I told Kathy that there will be none of that funeral ritual for me. I'm going to make a video of me doing my own service.  It will be short and sweet with a smile on my face as I tell the truth as I know it. None of that laying in a casket for all to see.I will be cremated to be dust in the wind.
 We buried Royce's body yesterday. I am at peace in Christ.

Roy

Come to think of it, I don't think my service will be short.It will be my chance to say whatever I want, and no one will be able to debate it.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 09:00:44 AM by Roy Martin »

Linny

« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2010, 12:44:45 PM »

Good for you Roy. That is a great idea actually. My husband and I have already decided we aren't doing any burials either. Cremation and no service. But I have been contemplating how we'd end it all in regards to all that usual fuss most people do and I like the idea of the video!

I am glad you are at peace. I know this was probably your toughest week-end ever and we are all praying for you guys.

Love, Lin

Ninny

« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2010, 05:15:39 PM »

Roy, you always manage to make me smile! Yeah, you would definitely have a captive audience..
prayers are with you, buddy!
Kathy :)

Samson

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2010, 06:46:31 PM »

Its a new day and life goes on. Thanks again for the prayers and sympathy.
 I told Kathy that there will be none of that funeral ritual for me. I'm going to make a video of me doing my own service.  It will be short and sweet with a smile on my face as I tell the truth as I know it. None of that laying in a casket for all to see.I will be cremated to be dust in the wind.
 We buried Royce's body yesterday. I am at peace in Christ.

Roy

Come to think of it, I don't think my service will be short.It will be my chance to say whatever I want, and no one will be able to debate it.

Hi Roy,

Glad to hear that you seem to be doing okay, under the circumstances. Sometimes sorrow is channelled in another direction and it seems to be happening in your case. Looking to viewing and hearing your service. If the situation ever arises where I get the opportunity to give a Bible Talk at a Funeral Home about a close loved one, I want to focus on the Resurrection and all the Scriptures that relate to that topic. I have, in the past, used the example of Lazarus(Jesus Friend) upon being Resurrected from the Tomb. I would use the reasoning that, if Lazarus, a good Man and close friend of Jesus had gone to Heaven immediately after death, why didn't He mention anything about how happy He was there and complain to Jesus, as why He brought him back to this stressed filled Life, when He was Happy in Heaven with God and experiencing no more stress, pain and sorrow.

Hope your really doing okay, My heart goes out to you, Samson.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 19 queries.