bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: J. Preston Eby  (Read 7849 times)

longhorn

J. Preston Eby
« on: June 29, 2006, 01:06:36 PM »

I only bring this up because Ray does mention his writings.  I was very impressed with Eby's writing on the progressive revelation of Christ as it relates to the doctrines of the "return of Christ" or as is taught from the pulpits, the "Second coming" of Christ.  Just curious what others think.  He sure is gifted at being able to explain things in a way someone like myself can understand.

Peace to all in Christ

Longhorn

all4love

Re: J. Preston Eby
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 01:43:53 PM »

When the forum was down I started reading more on Ray's site and came accross an email that he wrote in reply to another email.  anyway in this email he mentioned J. Preston Eby and I remember a couple of other people here on the forum mentioning him as well.  So, it got me curious and I googled his name and came accross his site so I started reading the Revelation part However, I only got through chapter 4 so far.  But, of what I read so far he deffinately sounds like he knows what he is talking about I do like his site, it has also helped me alot in my studies.

God Bless
Amy

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 01:21:54 AM »

We had a link to Eby many years ago, but Ray discovered some very strange Eby teachings and we removed the link.

Dennis

all4love

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 01:58:17 PM »

I just noticed yesterday that Mike also says that Eby teaches some very wrong and unscripteral things so I have deleted his site from my favorites folder.  Good thing I found this out before getting to wrapped up in it.

love_magnified

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 05:46:29 PM »

Many articles are very good. I think what I heard Mike refer to regarding J Preston Eby was the pre-existence of the Sons of God. Personally I do not believe that, but I have found many of Eby's articles to be greatly inspired and have helped me understand many things as well. Ray actually recommends Eby to read even though he acknowledges some things he disagrees with. With freedom in Christ we should be able to read anything without fear.

ciy

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 07:11:08 PM »

I agree Lovemagnified.  Keep studying it all.  Seek high and low.  Philippians 1:18.  The truth will show. 

By the way, I do not know exactly what is meant by the preexistence of the Sons of Gods, but if it means that our spirits existed before the world began.  It may be worth studying some more. 

One more by the way, this is Ray's site and he apparently does not agree with Mike on some things.  So Ray does not agree with Mike.  Mike does not agree with Ray.  Mike does not agree with Preston.  Ray does not agree with Preston.  I wonder who Preston agrees with? 

Do not take this wrong I love Ray, Mike, and all of you.

CIY

love_magnified

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2006, 04:59:44 PM »

Yes, everything will be laid bare and open and all loops closed and all confusion cleared up. Jesus Christ will do that. Let's understand that people have reasons for believing what they do even if they are wrong. We might be wrong (though clearly not about who Christ really is) about certain things. But all will be summed up in Christ in due time. This has helped me deal with alot of anger I had about being lied to in the orthodox church.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 23 queries.