bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Birthday Arc!  (Read 5840 times)

Vangie

Happy Birthday Arc!
« on: June 17, 2010, 10:46:34 PM »

Just wanted to send a shout out to a wonderful forum sister!  Hope you are having a wonderful birthday Deb!

Love in Christ,
Vangie

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Happy Birthday Arc!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 12:05:38 AM »

Happy Birthday, Deb.  I'm not sure what the time difference does, but I'm sure you know what time it is.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

onelovedread

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 01:20:41 PM »

Happy Birthday Arc!
I hope that your day is a wonderful one with all the celebratory trimmings!!
Sorry that South Africa hasn't been doing so well in the World Cup Soccer.
I look forward to reading more of your edifying posts on this forum during the coming months.
You are a blessing to me. May God continue to bless you and your family.

jassy

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 02:26:10 PM »

Happy birthday from a fellow south african.

And you can testify maby why we did not do so well in the soccer. Soccer, for our american brothers and sisters is a game of oscar winning acting. You must be convincing as you fall to the ground in agony before the oppositions goalposts, get sprinkled with fairy dust and after your opponent get red carded and you get penalty kick, miraculously recover.

Its one of the reasons I despise soccer and lean towards rugby. Our soccer boys just never learned to playact. The world arena a tad bit daunting.

Have a wonderfull day deb

jassy

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 02:48:53 PM »

Vangie~
Thank you! I am having a wonderful birthday! May it never end sister…. :)

Hi John ~
Yes it is called biltong. It is made from super grade meat of the highest standard and quality. Like eating fillet steak!
In SA we are Beef country with sheep raised in the Karoo that is of the highest quality lamb in the world. The beef comes from some of the most sought after cattle breeds  that is in high demand. Biltong is only processed traditionally from beef not lamb! Ostrich and game is also used but I steer clear of any meats that are not slaughtered in a controlled regulated clinically approved abattoir.
Yes soccer is a very popular sport in SA especially amongst the local communities. Rugby is the other well loved sport amongst the Afrikaans culture. We have the advantage of sunny weather most of the year so the outdoor aspects of playing Cricket, Tennis, Swimming etc, is well supported. Indoor sports like basket ball is not as popular as it is in USA.
Unlike in the USA, Thanksgiving Day is not a celebration here in SA and as you say bro. it certainly does take all kinds to make up this funny old world that God created!
PS…I am not twenty-five but thirty-five if you read that like the Hebrew….back to front = 53!  :D And the best year to date so far…! This one day has surpassed all the days behind me.

Hey Dave~
A time difference does MANY things! I am glad you are confident that I know what the time is!  :D
Blessings to you brother :)

Hi onelovedred~
I appreciate your kind thoughts and words of encouragement.
Yes SA is not doing so great in the World Cup Soccer but hey they sure got to a GREAT start. When they drew one, one with Mexico, I told all those who mentioned it, that it is terrific as it shows what our Nation is all about. It is Win Win!  Bafana Bafana (SA) WON and Mexico ONE!  ;D I guess I have a sense of humor that I never knew I had! :D

Hey jassy~
That's the game! :D I did feel sore for the guy who lost his tooth though! Which side was he on? Blessings to you. :)

On a deeper note, I really did have a lovely birthday that at first did not appear as such. Allow me to explain.

My sister  wrote to me on my birthday to tell me that now she has cut me off, she no longer has any CURSES manifesting in her life but that she does miss my sense of humor ??? She said she missed my profane jokes. I wrote her back telling her what profane means and asking her which jokes that she thought were profane was she talking about.

Now, Forum family, I am no comedian. It is simply not my strong point at all. I appreciate laughter yet find very few things to be really funny. When I do find something to be very funny, I can laugh so much that others can't help but join in even if they miss the joke!  :) so my "sisters"  viewpoint of me just did not seem correct and got me thinking. :-\

The episode after she "cut me off" (that was not funny for me at all - it hurt) is somewhere in the Forum as I recall telling you about it. Anyway, here is the latest that happened on my Birthday….that got me thinking about how we view Ray and his expressions of Truth that may appear very funny, but are actually very serious. Here is the message from my sister (in black font) and my reply in red. The topic opens on her response to me telling her that profane means blasphemous, wicked and  offensive...

Thank you for your rebuke!  I'm desperately sorry!  This was NOT the right word to use! Perhaps you meant PROFOUND, not PROFANE! …There is nothing funny about being called profane in any communications actually except where correctly accused of casting pearls before swine, now that could be called profane, as well it should be.  Your sense of humour is a gift you have which makes me laugh and THAT is how you encourage me, I asked my friend Mariana who has known me for over three years, if she knows me to be a comedian, or if I display a strong sense of humor. Her reply was that she sees me more as a serious person not a funny person. So you enjoy me because you say I have a sense of humor….? I think the real reason you have benefited from interactions with me is because I know God and how through His Spirit you have rejoiced to come into contact with the Mind of Christ which is why I miss you. That is why I think you miss me. Now that would be a redeeming reason but to draw or drag you to that, sound, sane healthy conclusion, does not depend on me. Once again, Debs. I'm terribly sorry. I have no doubt that you feel sorry for your mistake that I genuinely see that it was.

Answering your question regarding having to "cut you off".  Debs, I was taking on your emotional pain and every time I tried to contact you, the phone gave me problems (squirrel ate through the cable!), then I tried to e-mail you and my computer broke down!  THEN I became so ill, couldn't stop crying, diabetes was completely out of control and the spiritual attacks on my life were enormous!

I kept on going into a semi-coma stage every Friday night - near death experiences!  The Lord showed me Debs that HE is in charge, not me!  

God is the ultimate "cause" of all things good AND evil. This Truth is a scriptural no-brainer. It is God who is working "all things after the counsel of HIS OWN Will." Eph 1 : 11

Once I 'cut off' from you in obedience to Him, my life is now blessed and NOT cursed anymore!  So cutting off from me has set you free of a curse? CUTTING OFF from me …you are now free of A CURSE! And I'm going to hold onto His golden rope that only He has given me.  And will continue to hold you in my prayers to Him.

“I marvel that theologians teach that many people will come saying that "they are the Christ," No, Jesus did not say that many would come claiming that they, themselves, are Christ, but rather that He (Christ) is the Christ. Now then, who but Christians teach that Jesus Christ IS THE CHRIST of God? No one, but Christians only. So those who "deceive many" are Christians!” L Ray Smith.

Pray for Ray rather. That will really upset Satan and I warn you, do that, and you may see the curses come back upon you seven fold! Now you wouldn’t want that now, would you? No. I didn’t think so!

By the Work of God who is working "all things after the counsel of HIS OWN Will." Eph 1 : 11
 God be with you.
Deborah
[/color]

It is difficult to be objective with kith and kin. >:(
My sisters view that she values my “sense of humor”  reflects also on me when so often I have laughed so hard at the way Ray Smith illustrates a point many times that evokes great laugher. We even have an entire thread devoted to “Rays sense of humor” yet, on having my own sister tell me that this is why she values me, it was far from funny for me. I had to contemplate why it is not funny to be called funny when in fact you are being dead serious. THAT can be extremely funny when the person is being serious, DEAD SERIOUS, and the message sounds comical in its simplicity and yet profound in meaning and so profound, it makes it easier to just see the funny side and not get into the depth of meaning.

I sincerely do not think Ray  says anything for its entertainment value or to be funny. I was slapped by the disclosure from my sister that she values me for my sense of humor!  I do not say things to get a laugh! For example, I SERIOUSLY  don’t think when Jesus comes He will have people falling about laughing and bending over in stomach aching hysterical side splitting laughter after He tells them He knows them not! Just picture that for a second. That MAY sound very funny and even more funny the more serious I am, but actually, it is NOT funny, and the more serious, the more funny it can sound!  We are just not used to hearing the truth or worse still, do we think it doesn’t apply to us! Now that is seriously  ~ not funny!...but can you help laughing…NO, and neither can I~!  I think that is where my sister is coming from in her experience of the truth that appears to be so funny, simple and hilarious because it is so rare and pure that the only way we can exhibit our joy, is by finding it very funny when actually, if it weren’t so funny, it would be so serious we might not get out of the vortex of its gravity. Compare a fruit fly with an elephant…Ray Smith illustration …and that is just how serious God is, not without a sense of humor yet YET burning in a LOF is no laughing matter. From whence comes reverential respect, knowledge and awe of God  anyway? Not from any joke, that is for sure, no matter how funny the joke!

Perhaps making this aspect of humor turn to advantage, I/we/you should be splitting my/our sides in laughter at the view of my dear sister really being very serious about believing that her life is better and  carries no curse on it anymore because she has cut me off….hah….yeh…sure…she sent the e-mail….so who obeyed HIM to remain cut off!!?  Should be killing ourselves laughing, in response to seeing how blind, controlled and captured to bondage people are and in so indulge in  holier-than-thou self elevated thinking. No that is not the way to go either.  So instead of taking offense, being hurt…I should see her as a babe, immature to the knowledge of Christ and not fall for the carnal thinking  merry-go-round ride in self focus! NOT to submit to hurt feelings and the why not to TOO!  revelation was the best gift yesterday, saved for last as I received the understanding only at 11.15pm! God saved the best for last! The pain of assault from my sister lifted and I felt peace knowing that all is in the Plan of God.

There is no harm in being viewed as being funny or having a sense of humor. The expressions we use to show what we mean, can appear to be hilarious but for the fact they are actually deeply relevant and serious.   I can see the humor appreciate a good laugh and I enjoy laughing too especially when you are not supposed to laugh but just can’t help it…not at someone else’s expense but when in respite from the gravity of the meaning that illustrates that God does not change, Who saves the best for last! Then there is joy as like Habakkuk experienced and King Nebuchadnezzar.

I enjoyed the best Birthday I have ever had yesterday, not laughing at my sister or considering her pain in the grip of delusions, to be at all funny.   I was blessed to not fall prey to thinking of her as better or worse off than I am. God provided me the opportunity to see past the personal and into the Purpose of His Love that will result in us all being healed. That was a HUGE gift! Not to see higher or lower but to see GOD in His Plan behind the e-mail I received. To SEE GOD, WAS THE GIFT! Can you blame me for showing you what I got for my Birthday from our Father! Is it not so wonderful! Look how beautiful! Is our God not SO Great and SO Amazing! I am so glad He showed up! I was quite downcast after getting that e-mail from my sister! I was blind and God let me see Him in the Purpose and Plan in that incident that may have left me eating the dust! That didn’t happen! Oh I am so glad God caused me to ask Him for a Birthday present! He did not let me down!

I know many of you suffer from disdain, rejection, insult on injury for your coming to share in the  BT Truths of our Father so I hope you can see some encouragement in this testimony that may be useful to you to continue to endure the pain of rejection and the assault to our feelings when we are slighted.

I received no birthday greetings from my first Adam family. My brother did not call and my youngest sister last told me she doesn’t like me at all some years ago… BEFORE I came to BT. She wouldn’t know me today! The bond we have is carnally being born of the same parents, Adam and Eve. I know this can sound pretty funny but you know it is not when you get rejected or abused. Then it is not funny anymore!  I value my quickened in the Spirit of the last Adam spiritually alive family here in BT of whom I may never meet in the physical, yet celebrate the far higher meeting in His Spirit.  As for family in carnal Adam, …..kicking a dead horse to run a race is no good. I do not plan to send a copy of this communication to my dead in Adam “sister”. I do not think cutting off her ears with the Sword of the Word will help a horse onto its feet either. She might be agitated in her soul to try to contact me again …she disobeys Him by “cutting me off” yet communicates with me….so…poor desperate thing,…..I care for her next communication with me despite herself….I pray also for the wisdom to treat her well and not be displeasing to God our Father who died for us all and may be quickening her spirit into life outside Babylon.

Those who know me better here in this family of His Spirit, know too, I was restrained from writing her a sermon…. :D

So to you, no pearls before swine….with no profanity…. :)

Mar 10:29  And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's,
Mar 10:30  But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.
Mar 10:31  But many that are first shall be last; and the last first.

I would like to think that this testimony encourages whoever needs it or may be going through something similar. :)

Your sister Arc :)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 03:06:23 PM by Arcturus »

mmijares

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 11:32:02 PM »

Just want to send my greetings too - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

gmik

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2010, 02:16:07 AM »

Hi Deborah....I was going to add my Happy birthday too, but after reading your post I am overwhelmed. Family seems to be the hardest for me.   You have been a rock and a beacon here on the forum for, what, at least 2-3 years.  we all have learned so much from your words and witness. May the Lord continue to Bless. I hope your sister(s) are being drawn to Him but they just don't know what they are missing out on w/o your fellowship. luv ya, sis g

judith collier

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2010, 04:09:47 AM »

Arcturus, my dear, dear sister in Christ, Happy Belated Birthday! There is nothing worse than not being known for who you are.  We know who you are and I sure never thought of you as funny, witty at times and able to have fun but not ever funny or have you ever uplifted me with humor.
What comes to mind is an explanation from an old television personality who said, "the further away from the Divine, the funnier it gets". Perhaps your sister's mind is far from the Divine and doesn't get it. Laughter is sometimes a defense mechanism hiding the truth from ourselves.   Love, Judy

jingle52

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2010, 01:37:03 PM »

Happy belated birthday Arc, may I too add that I enjoy your posts and testimony and hope that your sisters and brother are drawn by Jesus Christ and given the true gift of faith. I too have issues with my family, so can empathise with you on some points. You have this family and your loving husband who loves you for your wiseness and encouragement to others.
We are watching football matches here and I cringe to think of being in the stadiums with all those vuvuzelas blasting away none-stop! It sounds like very angry bees having been disturbed and are now madly flying around wanting to sting anything in sight. What a continuous deafening background noise!  South African House here in Milan are giving them away for free as the people here are just crazy about them!
You are Blessed!

Samson

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2010, 02:05:26 PM »

Happy Birthday Deborah,

Hope you enjoyed your Day, I noticed that we share the same age. May God continue to CAUSE both of US to become Spiritually OLDER and WISER, although the Flesh gradually and progressively Ages and deteriates. First the Physical and than the Spiritual, All in God's time and purpose.

Kind Regards, Samson,  ;)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2010, 06:42:18 PM »

Hi G. :)
It is lovely to speak with you again on the Forum.
I see you as having been given much Wisdom and ability to turn away from the disdain that can feel like acid against our hearts as our own families despise or reject us or spurn what we hold precious in our understanding of God and His Ways. I recall you saying that you just turn away, and I understood this to not be in a cold or arrogant way that leaves you aloof to the pain of their blindness but I recall once you said that you see that they do not see, so you keep quiet instead of arguing. I remember that wisdom about you G. so I can appreciate your fresh empathy for where and what I have been caused to experience of my siblings. I know for sure, that I am not alone in this suffering and many who are given the deep insights of God, also experience the shock of rejections and disdain from family and friends as God drags us to His Son away from the hold on us of false expectations and deceptive strongholds of painful domination.  As I am also caused the necessary experience of being untied or disconnected by a burning suffering experience of attachments to human traditions and superstitions being burned off me,  I  also experience the freedom that this brings as I realize I was hostage to duplicity and double minded conversations that now bring me repentance and change through the goodness of God blessing me  to more appreciate the real connections and bonds we are given in the Spirit of our Lord that is not subject to fashion, whim, false perceptions and other such things we are of necessity caused to endure and finally overcome with much humility and appreciation for liberation from deception, repentance and a quieter spirit of knowing and more deeply valuing the Truth.  
I appreciate your very kind words of acknowledgement. I joined the Forum Sept 17 2006! So much good has come of the interactions I have been blessed to experience and contribute here.

Blessings to you G

Hey Judy :)
I really appreciate your insightful words about not being known for who you are! It kind of makes a person feel invisible. You hit the nail right on the head! I don’t worry too   much that no one sees or knows me better than my husband and son and my family in the Spirit and Mind of Christ here in the Forum! God has brought me through circumstances when I lacked peace,  when I thought I was rich yet felt sharp hunger pains and didn’t know what it was, was wretched yet could purchase my hearts whims and desires that the world could offer, was poor and lonely yet the envy and icon of those who thought I had everything anyone could want,  and was blind and lost in the dark and cluelessness of what I needed most. Now, I so appreciate the unity in peace with Christ and the deep and abiding comfort I receive from exchanging thoughts and feelings with those who know God and believe and remember or witness to Him through distress or times of trial and tribulations and encouragement of His Spirit within us working all according to His council and Will.
Love to you sis

Hey mmijares :)
Your greetings are very sweet to receive. Thank you so much.
Blessings to you

Hi Samson :)
Thank you for your kind sentiments, and yes, I received very special blessings. I feel much older in my body than my spirit! :D
Blessings to you
Deb

Hi jingle52 :)
Yes the vuvuzelas are horrific! They are a real identity for SA that I doubt anyone will soon forget who has been in the ear deafening experience.
I appreciate your kind words to me. Thank you
Blessings to you too!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 06:50:26 PM by Arcturus »

gmik

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2010, 10:03:01 PM »

Sweet Words Deb...thank you!

I didn't know you had been on the forum that long!    We are oldies but goodies.

I joined march 16, 2006!!!  Wow time flies!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 10:05:54 PM by gmik »

Linny

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2010, 11:25:25 PM »

Sorry I missed it and glad it was grand!  :-*

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2010, 05:09:02 AM »

Thanks Lin.

It is good to feel the warmth of peace and good will here in the Forum.

Blessings to you
Deb
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.