bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ghost of Samuel  (Read 4025 times)

octoberose

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
ghost of Samuel
« on: June 20, 2010, 12:17:03 AM »

What do you all make of 1 Samuel 28 when the 'witch of Endor' says she sees the ghost of Samuel? Was she seeing a demonic spirit?   But I thought we couldn't see demons. She says she sees a spirit coming up from the ground. This is probably where they get the idea that there is an afterlife in the middle of the earth. But even if you believe in hell, why would Samuel be there?  In light of dead people being dead, I don't know what to make of this.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 12:49:20 AM by octoberose »

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
Re: ghost of Samuel
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 12:59:07 AM »

Here is an email message of Ray's
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,124.0.html
Hi Ray,

Could you tell me if you explain the "calling up" or "bringing up" of Samuel by the woman at Endor for Saul (1 Sam 28:11 - 19) anywhere in your web site's info. This is due to the fact that I believe the Word that when we die we are dead, our souls are in Hades and Hades is a place of no perception etc as mentioned countless times by you as well.

Your knowledge about this will be appreciated,

God be with you,
Anton

Dear Anton:
Saul does not obey or trust God.
So he goes to a pagan inspired witch that are condemned in Israel.
The witch has a familiar spirit--a demon.
Saul asks the witch to call up Samuel's spirit--a pagan teaching.
God actually caused this opportunity to tell Saul his fate by the channel that Saul himself choose.
God revealed the fate of Saul through this witch.
Samuel was never there. Saul assumed that the "old man" had to be Samuel. It was not.
God be with you,
Ray

Hope this directs you,
Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

octoberose

Re: ghost of Samuel
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 01:25:15 AM »

When Ray says it it makes so much sense. I'm thinking that when it says she 'saw' Samuel, this was from her perspective, but not the truth of what she was really seeing.
 " Then the woman said, “Whom shall I bring up for you?” And he said, “Bring up Samuel for me.” When the woman saw Samuel, she cried out with a loud voice."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 22 queries.