bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do Not Imagine That They Are Christians  (Read 4393 times)

daywalker

Do Not Imagine That They Are Christians
« on: June 21, 2010, 02:29:50 PM »

Read this in an online article, and found it quite interesting, thought I'd share... Justin Martyr speaks out against those who call themselves Christian, but deny the truth of the resurrection of the dead [around 150 A.D.]:

“… who are called Christians, but who do not admit this, and venture to blaspheme the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob; who say there is no resurrection of the dead, and that their souls, when they die, are taken to heaven; do not imagine that they are Christians.
•   Justin Martyr, Dialogues with Trypho, 80

Justin says of those who believe that they go straight to heaven when they die, “do not imagine that they are Christians”. Strong words from an Early Church Father.

Daywalker  8)

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
Re: Do Not Imagine That They Are Christians
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 08:20:47 PM »

Strong words indeed ;D
1 Corinthians 15 is a very special chapter!!

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Samson

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 10:40:17 AM »

Read this in an online article, and found it quite interesting, thought I'd share... Justin Martyr speaks out against those who call themselves Christian, but deny the truth of the resurrection of the dead [around 150 A.D.]:

“… who are called Christians, but who do not admit this, and venture to blaspheme the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob; who say there is no resurrection of the dead, and that their souls, when they die, are taken to heaven; do not imagine that they are Christians.
•   Justin Martyr, Dialogues with Trypho, 80

Justin says of those who believe that they go straight to heaven when they die, “do not imagine that they are Christians”. Strong words from an Early Church Father.

Daywalker  8)

Hey Christopher,

As indicated from your Post, Justin The Martyr is from the Second Century A.D. Only 50 years from the death of the last living of the original twelve Apostles, John. The spread of gangrene and Spiritual Lawlessness, the believing of the lie has greatly infiltrated the Churches of the believers. In the first Century AD, some were already denying the Resurrection, a major doctrine, acording to the Apostle Paul, saying the Resurrection has already occurred. Thanks for the quote from Dialogue with Trypho, Christopher, appreciate it.

Thanks, Samson.

daywalker

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 01:32:24 PM »

Antaiwan: 1 Corinthians 15 is a very special chapter!!

Indeed it is!  :D

Samson: Thanks for the quote from Dialogue with Trypho, Christopher, appreciate it.

You're welcome! I enjoy sharing new findings with the forum; especially for those who--like myself--have a folder in which they save all kinds of information that they've discovered through their studies. Funny, every so often, when looking for an 'answer' to a question I'm pondering, I'll shuffle through my folder and find the answer! LOL  ;D

Daywalker  8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.