bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Those that are to be purged  (Read 6724 times)

jingle52

Those that are to be purged
« on: June 23, 2010, 07:59:04 AM »

I have been wondering for some time now, since I learnt form Ray’s teachings, about the elect and those who will be purged in the lake of fire. My question is:
When the elect are with Jesus in his kingdom for the thousand years, will those who are to be purged being purified for that length of time? Has Ray mentioned this detail anywhere? If he does, I seem to have missed it. Can anyone help me with this please? My head is swimming with all the information and sometimes I cannot remember a thing I’ve read….
God’s Blessings.

Samson

Re: Those that are to be purged
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 10:24:41 AM »

I have been wondering for some time now, since I learnt form Ray’s teachings, about the elect and those who will be purged in the lake of fire. My question is:
When the elect are with Jesus in his kingdom for the thousand years, will those who are to be purged being purified for that length of time? Has Ray mentioned this detail anywhere? If he does, I seem to have missed it. Can anyone help me with this please? My head is swimming with all the information and sometimes I cannot remember a thing I’ve read….
God’s Blessings.

Jingle,

I'll provide part of the information for you easy to access and attain. Go to page 2 of General Discussions and look over the Thread: Greek Words defined & Usage and look for the Greek Word PUR(Fire-English) and there's alot of information where Ray explains the use of Spiritual Fire and it's purifiying benefits towards believers and The Elect of God. I think it's Greek Word number 22.

Hope this aids you, Samson.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 11:02:37 AM »

Hi jingle52

We all have to be purged. Ray shows us that quote:

GOD'S ELECT MUST DIE THE SECOND DEATH THROUGH JUDGMENT
Ref Hell Part E

Arc

jingle52

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 07:41:02 AM »

Thank you Samson and Arc for reminding me about All of humanity including the elect to be purged! Yes, even though these are elected, still they are with sin and so need to be refined. However, I was just curious to know (if possible) that, while the elect are with Jesus in His kingdom (after having being purged and purifed) for the thousand years reigning with our Lord, what happens to those unbelievers? They are still asleep right? If they are still asleep (dead) who will Jesus and the elect reign over?
Sounds silly, but I have this question lingering at the back of my mind! Can anyone please clarify this for me? Forgive me if I still didn't "get it".
God's Blessings.

Dawidos

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 07:55:49 AM »

Over the living people on the Earth? I suppose that reign of Christ and his Elects consists of ressurection of the dead, judgment of all (the living and the ressurected), and purification of all. Because of those events all creation will become subject to Christ, and the Son will be able to deliver the Kingdom to his Father, so God will be "All in All". Universal salvation and reconcilation, in short words.  Pretty nice perspective, I would say :) I'm still "drinking and tasting" God's Words, so let the experts of this forum speak in this matter :)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 12:18:05 PM by Dawidos »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 09:11:59 AM »

Hi jingle52

Some years ago, there was heated discussion surrounding the speculations and assumptions that not knowing the following produced in the Forum.
I recognise this question of yours may have its origin in that same not knowing  :)

Enjoy.

Now for the last few years I’ve been looking at all these things, about the return of Christ, the millennium and the kingdom and all these things.  I haven’t written to much about that yet.  You know why?  Because I don’t understand it!  But now I’m getting there and here is a Scripture in Revelation.

Rev 20:2  And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him a thousand years.
v. 3  And he cast him into the bottomless pit (abyss), and shut him up and set a seal on him, that he should deceive the nations no more until the thousand years should be fulfilled. And after that he must be loosed a little season.

That verse gives me a problem, it would take a long time to explain why.  Believe me most people that teach and write books on these prophecies, don’t have a clue.  Not only do they not have the answers, they don’t even know what the problems are.   
But these verses here;

Rev 20:4  …And they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
v. 5  But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

Both of these verses can not be true, there is a problem here.  I racked my brain, in my spare time, but I kept it in the back of my mind for a long time.  There is a problem, that won’t work and I can’t make it work.  It doesn’t fit, there is no way to make this thing fit.  Then some months ago, now I know why it, “But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished” won’t fit.  It’s not Scripture!  Tischendorf has it right there.

-Rev. 20:5  But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished
It’s not in the Sinaiticus.  So I said, okay now we’re moving again.  We’re a little closer to the Truth. L Ray Smith 

Arc 

jingle52

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 02:33:19 PM »

Thanks so much Arc, I have never heard of the Codex Sinaiticus, looked it up and checked for verse 5 - it is not included, just as Ray says! Things are much clearer now. Thanks once again!
God's Blessings!
Gosh, I've got soooo much learning to do and my eyes are just popping out with all the reading I'm doing!!!

jingle52

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010, 02:38:51 PM »

Samson, just want to let you know that I printed the Greek Words Defined post and am reading it at home. I Printed half of the LOF series and should print the other half soon. What with reading new threads and trying to remember what I've read and absorbing everything, my head is spinning!!! There's never a dull moment!
God's Blessings.

Samson

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2010, 04:04:13 PM »

Samson, just want to let you know that I printed the Greek Words Defined post and am reading it at home. I Printed half of the LOF series and should print the other half soon. What with reading new threads and trying to remember what I've read and absorbing everything, my head is spinning!!! There's never a dull moment!
God's Blessings.

Yes Jingle,

It's so true, there is so much material and I have difficulty where I read something, too. Especially with Ray's Emails, I can remember most of something he said, but where it came from, is another story.

Kind Regards, Samson.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2010, 05:28:40 PM »

Hi jingle52

I notice that you said

Sounds silly, but I have this question lingering at the back of my mind!

Look how Ray referred to this same question, that he doesn’t say is silly at all:
...there is a problem here.  I racked my brain, in my spare time, but I kept it in the back of my mind for a long time

So both you and Ray experienced a "back of my mind"  question that is not silly at all.  ;)

After reading or hearing something that is not true, I feel discomfort and am caused to re-visit what I have read or heard with greater scrutiny and discernment. It is like having eaten something that is not wholesome or true that needs to be spat out like a spindly fish bone that might tear my stomach if not expelled. So, it is not silly to feel unsettled about a certain topic or issue which is much better than being mentally and spiritually paralyzed and accepting everything you hear or read. The wonder of Ray’s writings is that they contain no pollutants which is and has been a huge advantage, privilege and blessing to have digested without any harm to  understanding or knowing God. Like fillet steak or filleted fish of the finest kind or the leavend bread of the Kingdom of God.

Hey Dawidas

Here is something for you that harmonizes to what you have expressed in Spirit and in Truth. :)

1Co 15:48-49  As is the earthy, such  ARE  they also that  ARE  earthy: and as is the heavenly, such  ARE  they also that are heavenly.  And as we have borne the image of the earthy, WE SHALL  also bear the image of the heavenly.

Notice that ONLY “we”  [God’s Elect], not “they,”  “…shall bear the image of the heavenly.”  Paul is speaking that “THEY, the earthy,” and “WE, the heavenly,” and only the “we” will “bear the image of the heavenly,” not “they,” the wicked who will be raised as tares to be burned in the Lake of Fire…….. It is the “we” and the “us” that will be changed at the last trump, not the “they” and the “them.” L Ray Smith  Ref: PHYSICAL or SPIRITUAL RESURRECTION BODIES FOR THE WICKED & NON-BELIEVERS

Arc

jingle52

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2010, 07:13:42 AM »

David, Samson and Arc - Thanks for all your input, I really appreciate it! Arc, you always have such a way with words! This Forum is Awsome indeed!!!
God's Blessings to all.

Dawidos

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2010, 09:29:05 AM »

Jinngle, you are welcome :)

Arc, thanks for additional "portion" of the Truth :) It's amazing how much spiritual knowledge is concealed in emails written by Mr. Smith. God, bless the Internet and webmail :)

octoberose

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2010, 10:35:31 PM »

Jinngle, I had been thinking about the same thing and haven't been here long enough to know. Thank you for asking.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.