bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Song of Moses: the poem and the birthing of a song!  (Read 4468 times)

FrogGigger

Song of Moses: the poem and the birthing of a song!
« on: June 23, 2010, 02:39:30 PM »

I am certainly no poet, but approximately 4-years ago as I was sitting at the local coffeehouse listening to U2's song Yahweh the words of the following poem flowed out shortly after U2 sang the  lyrics "take this heart and make it break".

Can you hear the Song of Moses – will you dare to sing along?
Do you hear Yahweh calling you?  To Him you do belong!

Can you hear the Song of Moses in the stillness of your heart?
Breaking your heart in sorrow – from falsehood you must depart!

Come worship Yahweh in the desert – the long journey you must begin!
To learn the Song of Moses and sing for all to hear!
That all Mankind may finally know – it is They Yah holds dear!

We must sing the Song of Moses and strum upon the harp -
To cast out evil spirits that reside in carnal hearts!

Treading down roaring waves in the Lake of Fire!
Transformation thus decreed by Yahweh’s burning heart’s desire!

Behold the Sea of Glass before the throne of Yahweh!
Be still Humanity – be still thy heart!

For this – the Perfect Plan of thy Creator from the very start!

The odd thing is that the poem left a sad longing in my heart to have it put to music as music touches the heart & soul in a special way.  I have no musical talent as well, but pondered the thought in my heart over the next 4-years.  A week or so ago I submitted the poem to Roy Martin who was kind enough to forward it to Sam Wyatt for consideration.   I hate to admit my spiritual weakness, but once submitted "doubt" entered my thoughts - "would the poem be suitable for "lyrics" to a song...would the song turn out as a "campfire" type song", etc.. 

In a matter of a few days Sam had already written & recorded a song based on the poem!  He changed some of the lyrics to flow with the music, but preserved the message of the poem, and I had the mp3 file in hand!  While sitting at the very same coffeehouse I listened to the song "Song of Moses" for the first time and was absolutely blown away with the level of talent Yahweh brought to bear to bring the deep longing of my heart to pass!  I had to retire to the restroom until my misty eyes cleared. 

I felt a bit "sheepish" for entertaining "doubt" while waiting - after all, it was Yahweh I was trusting for the results of the poem submission.  Another lesson learned as I continue to cry out "I do believe - help my unbelief!" as I continue my journey through the desert.

As a new member I was unsure as to the best method to share the song, so I sent Dennis Vogel a link to the mp3 file on my MobileMe iDisk which remains valid for one year.  I would like to, again, thank Roy for forwarding the poem to Sam, and Sam for giving of his talents as Yahweh breathed into the poem the breath of music and it became a living song!  Feel free to share the song to all those who would appreciate the message.

I am still amazed at how quickly things transpired when the "door opened" unexpectedly after 4-years of "pondering"!   

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Song of Moses: the poem and the birthing of a song!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 02:51:10 PM »

Where's the song?
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

FrogGigger

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 04:10:00 PM »

This is the link to the mp3 file on my MobileMe iDisk which remains valid for 1-year.  Please feel free to download it, and share it with anyone who may appreciate the song:

http://files.me.com/ricbell/9vpjk8.mp3

Roy Martin

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 08:54:07 AM »

Hi Ric,
I know so well what this means to you. Isn't it wonderful how God can lift us up with a poem, music, and sometimes the gentle beams of light as they shine through the clouds. God knows our heart. He knows how to remind us of His love.
 Thank you for this testimony.

Peace
Roy

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 02:30:18 PM »

I enjoyed the listen very much.  For what its worth, when it was over, it kept on playing in my mind.  I think that's a good sign.  No doubt you're happy with the outcome.  I'm happy for you.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 06:42:35 PM »

Heb 11:40  God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.  

Beautiful! It makes me think of the words above reaching gently behind us to all those who have gone before us.

Blessings to you

Arc
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.