bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Isaiah 26:9  (Read 4651 times)

coryd123

Isaiah 26:9
« on: June 26, 2010, 09:05:05 PM »

I was reading one of the lake of fire series and was reading the part where it talks about Isaiah 26:9 for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness and Ray went into detail about how theologians try to take from this scripture. It has been in my head for weeks to try to find a scripture that harmonizes with Isaiah 26:9 and I know there are 100's of other scriptures that go with it, But my spirit needed something a little more meaty and out of no where I found it today, so considering that 2 Peter 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. and  2 Corinthians 13:1 In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established. So here is another witness below.

Revelation 15:4
Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest.

When Gods judgments are manifest or revealed we will learn righteousness and bow are knee and ALL NATIONS WILL worship him. I am so thankful about these Revelations that God has blessed me with though Ray and members on Bible Truths by 1 Corinthians 1:21 the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. I just love how Gods word harmonizes perfectly. After all God who does not lie stated in Deuteronomy 32:4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he. Just wanted to share my testimony to Gods word today and hopefully someone gets Blessed with this to. God bless everyone

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
Re: Isaiah 26:9
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 01:29:55 AM »

Nice find!  ;D

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

aqrinc

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 01:49:25 AM »

Hi coryd123,

I just love how Gods word harmonizes perfectly.

Very good find indeed, below is the same verse but the word fear is not in these translations.  

Rev 15:4 (GNB)
Who will not stand in awe of you, Lord? Who will refuse to declare your greatness? You alone are holy. All the nations will come and worship you, because your just actions are seen by all."

Rev 15:4 (CEV)
Lord, who doesn't honor and praise your name? You alone are holy, and all nations will come and worship you, because you have shown that you judge with fairness."

Rev 15:4 (TCNT)
Who will not reverence and praise thy Name, O Lord? Thou alone art holy! All nations will come and worship before thee, for thy judgments have become manifest.'

Goes right along with these verse below:

Rom 8:15 (MKJV)
For you have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption by which we cry, Abba, Father!

2Ti 1:7 (MKJV)  
For God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

george ;D.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 01:53:52 AM by aqr »

Kat

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 10:20:29 AM »

Hi Coryd,

Yes that is a profound statement in Isaiah 26:9 and your witness to it is a good one. Here is a passage and I believe the the last verse is another witness.

Isa 11:1  There shall come forth a Rod from the stem of Jesse,
       And a Branch shall grow out of his roots.
v. 2  The Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon Him,
       The Spirit of wisdom and understanding,
       The Spirit of counsel and might,
       The Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD.
v. 3  His delight is in the fear of the LORD,
       And He shall not judge by the sight of His eyes,
       Nor decide by the hearing of His ears;
v. 4  But with righteousness He shall judge the poor,
       And decide with equity for the meek of the earth;
       He shall strike the earth with the rod of His mouth,
       And with the breath of His lips He shall slay the wicked.
v. 5  Righteousness shall be the belt of His loins,
       And faithfulness the belt of His waist.
v. 6  "The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb,
       The leopard shall lie down with the young goat,
       The calf and the young lion and the fatling together;
       And a little child shall lead them.
v. 7  The cow and the bear shall graze;
       Their young ones shall lie down together;
       And the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
v. 8  The nursing child shall play by the cobra's hole,
       And the weaned child shall put his hand in the viper's den.
v. 9  They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain,
       For the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD
       As the waters cover the sea.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

GinaMilan

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 03:11:44 PM »

Good one, Coryd.

Someone tried to throw me with Isaiah 26:10 by saying that verse proves that not everyone will learn righteousness (i.e., they therefore must be condemned to "hell" for ever and ever):

"Let favour be shewed to the wicked, yet will he not learn righteousness..." (KJV)

That verse does not lie or contradict.   I've seen it in my own life:  when "favor" is shown to the wicked (be it me or anyone else), they will mostly certainly not learn righteousness.  

I used to mistakenly believe that only kindness ("Christlike-ness") toward the wicked was the only thing that would cause them to turn from their wicked ways, after all, it was wickedness or evil that caused them to go astray.  (That's not to say that kindness should never be shown to the wicked, because we're to be perfect as our Father in heaven who is kind to the wicked.)

"Favor" can be shown all day long to a wicked person, day after day, night after night, but they won't learn righteousness.  But let the wicked have a healthy dose of "judgment," or "affliction," or "tribulation," or "chastening grace," and they'll learn, not overnight necessarily, but eventually:

"Before I was afflicted I went astray: but now [that I've suffered/been afflicted] have I kept thy word."  (Psalm 119:67)

"It is good for me that thou hast humbled [afflicted] me, that I may learn thy justifications."  (Psalm 119:71)

"Now no chastening [suffering/affliction/discipline] for the present seems to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to them which are exercised thereby." (Hebrews 12:11)

"The Lord disciplines everyone he loves. He severely disciplines everyone he accepts as his child." (Heb. 12:6)

And since the Lord loves the world [God so loves the world... John 3:16] and will draw all men to Him as [eventual] sons, those same ones will have to undergo discipline/affliction/suffering/tribulation in order to learn to not go astray, or rather learn righteousness.

Does that make sense?   I have shown those verses to those who've tried to trip me up with Isaiah 26:10, and they never answer back.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 03:15:56 PM by GinaMilan »

Sirach

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 07:29:42 AM »

If they do not answer back, then that is a good sign you make sence  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 22 queries.