bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: An overdue introduction - Hello peeps!  (Read 7480 times)

sound_wave

An overdue introduction - Hello peeps!
« on: June 27, 2010, 09:05:53 AM »

Hi all,

As the title states, this is a long overdue introduction to you peoples. Ive had my account recreated because its timed out and then had password troubles because i simply forgot it. So thanks to the Admin for your patience  :)

Im from Melbourne, Australia and Ive been reading off the site and listening to Rays teaching for about 3 years. Dont know if theres any fellow aussies here from Melbourne but it would be great to know im not alone.

It all started when i had been a bit enraged at the push for tithing and other offerings at my old local pentecostal church. I was involved as a home group leader and it was one of the subjects at the time. Anyway, i was on my Myspace account when an Ad on the bottom of the page come up stating "Tithing in the new testament is unscriptural...". I gave in to my curiosity and clicked it. I was floored at what i was reading and so excited because it confirmed what i had felt and it was so beautifully articulated with many scriptural references to back it up!

From then on, since reading that paper, Ray earned my trust and started reading his other papers. From the Lucifer hoax, rapture theory, speaking in unknown tounges and hell is a christian hoax, it was all an exciting time! Looking back, Im amazed to see how God works, see all the effects from his cause and reflecting on where ive come from.

With the excitement, i showed my parents back then, starting with the tithing paper. I wanted to see their response before showing them other papers. It started off positively but they just couldnt let go of their ways to see the truth. Traditions are so blinding, this particular scripture came to mind and just confirmed it all for me: "Mat 7:14  Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."

From then on, my church attendance faded away and every now and then I'll pop in at the end of the service for the social scene. Its pretty hard now, being the only one with this knowledge and wisdom and feel like im on my own here. Parents dont believe and what i feel i can tell my friends (without causing an outrage, cant imagine them even entertaining the idea of hell isnt real), they dont believe either. I wouldnt be surprised if they label me as "backslidden" behind my back, lol. To them, its the big picture, and not the details that matter (in reference to topics like "inaccurate/false teaching" and "tithing"). I was scathed at the idea that the Trinity is false, Ray was on the money when he said their god is "context"; no absolutes with them and they dont even see it.

In conclusion, its great to be part of the true family of God and it was liberating to discover this site. I read Gods word in new light and its a joy to see things in spirit and truth.

Alen.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 12:32:35 PM by sound_wave »

Deborah-Leigh

Re: An overdue introduction - Hello peeps!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 09:13:18 AM »

Welcome to the Forum Alen

I realised some time ago, that the Catholic Church will consider me as being "lost" ...then I realised that I want to stay that way...may they never find me! 8)

Arc

Samson

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 10:37:40 AM »

Hello & Welcome Alen,

Enjoyed your introduction, Yes, they Worship the God of context, but who determines the "Context," they do. Don't be disheartened, because Many are Called, but only Few are Chosen and God does the choosing, not us and that's a great thing. I marvel at how many people that "Come out of Her" (Rev. 18:4) formerly believed in Tithing, of course all of us were caused to unload Idols of the Heart and to some degree, we still do, it's a process, as we being created in His Image. You planted a seed with your Parents, now wait on God to make it grow. Looking Forward to your continually presence at this Forum and your sharing in this fellowship.

Kind Regards, Samson.

Kat

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 10:58:50 AM »

Hi Alen,

I'm glad you have joined us  :)
Yes that is a big contrast to have your eyes opened so you see the truth, but then to also see the blindness of the world. I'm sure you realize that you are among the very few at this time to have been given sight and truth. Well it is lonely to a certain extent, as we are no longer have the same interests as the world and that will force us to be apart from them to some degree. But to me it is now like being on a mission and a very important one at that, to learn and apply this truth in every way. With my unbelieving family and friends I do not try to preach to them and explain the truth, no, it's more of trying to be a living example of it. When we learn and understand the truth that is great, but applying it is also necessary. For me everyday there are numerous opportunities that come up where I can let the light shine through me. And I don't even have to mention that what I am saying or doing is the truth, God will reveal that to them in His own time. So right now for me it is a constant effort to study and learn as much as I can and then apply it in my everyday life situations.

This forum has been a big help and a place that keeps me motivated and encouraged. It is great to have liked minded people right here that I can turn to at any time. So ask questions and join in the discussions and make yourself at home. Here are links in case you don't know about everything we have here already.

The forum rules, it will help you see how this forum is moderated.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3.0.html
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4558.0.html
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3614.0.html

Forum Indexes & lots of Info.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

FAQ (most frequently asked questions)
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,23.0.html

Ray's Videos
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8227.0.html

Ray's Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2641.0.html

Ray's 2008 Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8256.0.html

Transcripts of Ray's Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,12.0.html

Who Am I? (members pics and personal stuff)
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,16.0.html

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 10:40:28 AM by Kat »

Joel

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 11:21:19 AM »

Welcome Alen,
As Kat said, It is truly a blessing from the Lord, to be  given Spiritual eyes.
Without our understanding opened, we grope in darkness as MANY do.
Theres a lot of food here for those that are seeking Truth, I enjoyed your introduction.
Joel

GinaMilan

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 02:15:07 PM »

Hey, Alen

Welcome to the forum. 

Gina

GinaMilan

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 02:15:28 PM »

Welcome to the Forum Alen

I realised some time ago, that the Catholic Church will consider me as being "lost" ...then I realised that I want to stay that way...may they never find me! 8)

Arc

;D

aqrinc

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 02:48:38 PM »

Hi Alen,

Welcome to the forum of lost children :P. As Arc said, (may we stay lost) from Christendom until GOD Is Ready To Reveal HIS Achievement.

Eph 2:8-10 (CLV)
8 For in grace, through faith, are you saved, and this is not out of you; it is God's approach present,
9 not of works, lest anyone should be boasting."
10 For His achievement are we, being created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God makes ready beforehand, that we should be walking in them."

george ;D.

iris

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 04:48:48 PM »

Hi Alen,

Welcome to the forum!

Iris

Linny

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2010, 06:21:02 PM »

Hello Alen and welcome to the forum!
I find it so interesting how many of us found BT when looking or reading his tithing article!  :D
Same for me but I wasn't even looking. I had a friend send me the article out of the blue and when I did further research into this amazing guy named Ray, my life was forever changed. All in God's perfect timing, as I said, I wasn't even questioning anything!  ::)
But husband was, quietly, so we both had our Spiritual eyes opened at the same time. What a blessing.

Looking forward to getting to know you better.
Lin

cherokee

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2010, 08:38:38 AM »

Hey Alen,

Welcome to the forum. Glad you have join us.

Blessings,
Suzie

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2010, 04:31:55 PM »

Hi Alen.

Your post reminded me of the first time I shared with my mother some of what I've come to believe.  Near the end of an already short conversation, she said she would concentrate on the 'big things' and let the 'little' 'doctrinal' things slide.  I couldn't imagine anybody thinking a possible eternity in Hell could be anything other than a 'big thing'.  Its difficult thinking of our devotional-reading, sincere praying christian loved ones harboring such an evil doctrine.  In my case, its exascerbated by the knowledge that they are better people in many measurable ways than I will likely ever be in this life. 

What's left is the knowledge that God is a perfect judge and that when His perfect judgements are in the world, the world will learn righteousness.  He's the potter, we're the clay.

Welcome to the forum. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Ellie

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2010, 03:05:35 AM »

Hello Alen, Welcome to the forum and many years of wonderful study!!! I am to from Australia so it it nice to know there is another to add to the small handful here.
                                           Peace to you and yours......Ellie....

Dawidos

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2010, 11:22:25 AM »

Welcome to the forum, brother. I wish you to find peace, comfort and hope on this forum. Remember, don't give up :) 

Stacey

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2010, 10:45:15 PM »

Welcome aboard Alen!  :)
Stacey

mmijares

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2010, 08:35:04 PM »

Welcome to the forum Alen!  :D

smeacham

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2010, 07:36:43 PM »

Dear Heavenly Father,

You are God and there is no other like you.  Thank you for drawing my brother Alen into your Kingdom.  Let your will continue to be done in his life and the lives of his loved ones.  Please supply him with what he needs day by day, and give him a spirit of wisdom and of revelation of you.  Please enlighten the eyes of his heart to show him the glorious hope he has in your calling, and the riches of his inheritance in you, as well as the great value you see in him.  Please lead him to naturally and easily forgive those who will persecute him for righteousness sake, as you have already forgiven him.  And, please, keep him always in your arms, safe from all evil and temptation, even when he doesn't realize it.

Amen

sound_wave

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2010, 10:07:48 AM »

Wow, so many replies, such a warm welcome. Thank you so much!
Thanks also for the encouraging posts and prayers, glad that i finally did the introduction.

Still plenty to read and catch up on, starting with those links posted up top, thanks Kat.

See you all around on the forums, I hope to come on more often than not.

Cheers.   :)

judith collier

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2010, 05:50:30 AM »

Hi Alen, always a bit late here! I have no idea how I came across this site but was in awe when I started reading because it was different and well, 'my sheep hear my voice and they follow me"  judy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.