bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: prayer for son  (Read 5137 times)

ez2u

prayer for son
« on: June 28, 2010, 02:36:25 AM »

Please pray for my son Joe  he is a fine christian man who has recently graduated from college.  He wants a wife  every since he has been little he has wanted his own family.  So now he has a good career and he loves the Lord Jesus please pray for him  i told him i would ask for prayer for him for this wife.  thanks peggy

aqrinc

Re: prayer for son
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 02:50:43 AM »

Done Peggy,

Joe will do well, let him know (I Do) is for Life.

george :).

Ninny

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 02:58:01 AM »

Peggy! I'm so glad to hear that Joe graduated!! Yaay! I know you're happy about that!
I will definitely pray for his future!!
Love you!
Kathy ;)

ez2u

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 04:06:21 AM »

thanks Kathy and George  Joe took our youngest son Zach, with him to Orlando to start college  So Zach will get a good start He is rooming with other Christian guys  fresh out of college   really devoted guys   but  Joe  there was a sadness about him and when i question it  he didn't say much except he was looking for a christian wife.  So i thank the Father for His timing and pray  peggy

judith collier

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 04:57:51 AM »

ez2u, don't we just love our sons. I had 3 daughters and one son. When the girls are sad it bothers me a lot but when my son is sad I can hardly bear it.
I will pray for your son to find the girl God has for him. He might have to let it go first and learn to trust God knows him more than he knows himself and will bring everything about. The when is the hard thing. Thank God ahead of time because God loves him more than even you.
judy

ez2u

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 02:37:43 AM »

Judi  what i find in the Christian and other religions is sexist.  I have 3 daughters and 3 sons  no i don't love my sons more  this sounds harsh  please forgive me but we wear a veil here too in U. S.  i have yet to find  differ

judith collier

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 05:43:59 AM »

ez2u, perhaps I didn't explain myself well. My daughters appear to be able to handle many things, relationships, work, children, a household, etc. The boys seem to need more explanation and encouragement at handling a full plate, just not as multi-faceted. Perhaps that's why they need a wife, a helpmate and when they don't have one their lives are not as full. When women have children they are fulfilled for the most part. That doesn't always do it for the man. They need appreciation and don't always see their own good as they are harder toward themselves. I see that need in my son being a single father. I sense his loneliness. Judy

ez2u

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 08:43:42 PM »

yes  i hear you and will pray for your son too.  the issue is big and not to be discuss on the forum  thanks for your prayers 

Linny

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 09:15:28 PM »

Peggy,
Your son sounds like my husband. He also wanted a wife and children since he was very young. Dated little to none. God had plans for him which was ME! I was partying, quite unsaved and recently divorced and acting out while he searched.
God turned me around, cleaned me up, and then we met.
He was 27, I was 29.
The moral of my story is that although he may be ready, his spouse may not be.  ;)
God's timing is always perfect.  ;D
Lin

Stacey

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2010, 10:34:50 PM »

Hey Peggy, I hope Joe finds the love of his life one day soon!
Stacey

octoberose

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2010, 01:45:43 AM »

Peggy,
 Just as my William , my son in law, was thinking there was no one out there for him and feeling sad about it, he  re-met my daughter. She was not dating her boyfriend anymore, (a boyfriend who thought that William would be a better fit for her than he was) and they clicked almost immediately. God's plan was pretty clear to them right away, but it took real work on both their parts since she moved away for a year. I understand feeling that protective heart over a son. My son is struggling and it is the most painful thing I've ever had to be a part of. But patience and love are fruits of the spirit, and our children give us ample opportunity to learn both.
 Praying for you both,
 P

ez2u

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2010, 04:33:08 AM »

thanks everyone for your support and prayers it means a lot to have a community and be able to go to them with my concerns of the heart. a big comfort.  there is so much out there right now going on sometimes i wonder if i should even watch the news and how controlled is the news?  Do we bury our heads in the sand?  that just doesn't seem right.  i just have great concerns at all this.  I am 56 years old and yesterday my sons and husband was up on our roof tearing it a part to put a new one on the flat part.  well Joe and Zach had to drive back to Orlando today and it rain all day so no work was done and the roofing material, plywood sheets cutting and nailing in is left to us*$%!!!*  Lord have mercy  we need prayer too it get really hot in Florida. and he the husband isn't in good shape.  If i am right  Jesus really wasn't a carpenter  right???  this can't be part of the growth can it?     carpenter Peggy

judith collier

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2010, 04:09:33 AM »

Gosh ez2u. I wish I could help. Don't even think about what's going on in the world. There's not much we can do about it. The world has always been a mess.
I pray you and your husband can get help to finish the roof. I know what that is like as my husband can't do a whole lot anymore and one thing after another breaks, rots or falls down. I would move into an apt. but he won't. I am always searching for cheap labor. We have some really big projects and my children are so busy they can't help much. I could care less anymore. I think I will call a church, maybe they have a few good men who would do some work, I can get the materials but can't afford the labor.
judy

karenmarie

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2010, 11:17:23 AM »

reading this link as I am praying for my son a lot these days and the heading spoke to my heart. Judy, I know what you mean about daughters and sons - my two daughters do seem to manage better when they are down, but my heart is heavier when my son is sad. My husband says that men need a helpmate, for sure, and yes, I think that women's hearts yearn for children to complete them. Of course, this is generalization, too, but what you wrote makes sense to me.

So many things in commonality to the posts here! My son's name is Zach, he went to Orlando for college, he is seeking a girlfriend, too, and he works as a roofer at the moment (after the expensive college education  :-\). Somehow, it would be neat if he could help you out with the roofing problem! But I do know that with these odd bits of things in common, I will definitely be reminded often in prayer for your Joe's loneliness, (as I pray for my son) and people's need for help with house repairs. I will pray for God's provision for these. A friend mentioned on her blog that God doesn't necessarily take away our troubles (He uses them for our good) but He does take away our CARES - we don't have to be anxious about anything but give our requests to Him, with thanksgiving, and petition Him for help. The thanksgiving part used to puzzle me, but now I realize that troubles bring me to Him and I see, not always clearly, that He grows me and others through the problems.

God bless

Karen

Roy Martin

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2010, 02:48:27 PM »

Seek ye first the kingdom of heaven and all these things will be added unto you.

Peace
Roy

Duane

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2011, 03:32:05 PM »

Speaking of roofs and prayer--just called my friend and found he had to go to Florida to help remodel his brother's bathroom.  He asked me to pray because his brother was fixing his roof and only 10 feet off the ground when he fell, landed awkwardly and broke his back.  He is paralyzed from the waist down and after weeks of therapy is ready to go home but needs his bathroom remodeled to accommodate.  He wishes his roof
was the only problem.  His name is Norm and he is 56.  Please pray for him and his wife.
This wasn't written to minimize the "poster's" roof problem-just reminded me to share this with my BT family.

Roy Coates

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2011, 09:51:22 PM »

How is your son and his fiance doing? Maybe I am being presumutious. Praying for him just the same. Peace
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.