bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dream Team Comes to Miami  (Read 6898 times)

musicman

Dream Team Comes to Miami
« on: July 09, 2010, 02:13:00 PM »

Don't worry, I see the absurdity involved here.  To compare the next few years with Michael and Scotty would insult the sport.  Those two played and worked hard together, with no idea of what would manifest.  But here, we had Wade.  And now we have Dwayne Wade, LeBron James and Chris Bosh.  They have not taken the floor together (since the Olympics) and already they are being crowned champions.  And they probably will be.  It's just that things can only get worse from here on out.  I didn't watch the spectacle on ESPN where James made the announcement.  But I saw the aftermath.  I expect to see a bunch of phonies come out to support the Heat.  And why?  Because basketball is the only major sport where so few can make such a huge difference.  There will be high flying dunks, screaming fans, excitement, and if they don't win the championship?  It will be a bad season.  It's not good for the sport but at least the three are on my team.  Otherwise I'd be steamin.  
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 02:14:07 PM by musicman »

mharrell08

Re: Dream Team Comes to Miami
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 03:34:17 PM »

As a basketball fan, it will be interesting to see who they can build around those 3. But those are 3 nice pieces to build around.

musicman

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 03:42:05 PM »

I think Shaq wants to come back now.

mharrell08

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 03:46:38 PM »

I think Shaq wants to come back now.

Who wouldn't...I'll go out there and pass the ball to Lebron and DWade, lol.

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 01:10:17 AM »

I enjoy various sports as much as the next man but it's a sad thing that with all the mega problems in this nation that sports stars and sporting events consumes so much of peoples attention.  Bread and circuses just like in the old Roman Empire.  The Ohio Governor even did a parody of a popular song to try to get this guy to come to his team.  The State's are virtually bankrupt the the Nero's are fiddling while Rome is burning.

aqrinc

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 01:44:50 AM »

I enjoy various sports as much as the next man but it's a sad thing that with all the mega problems in this nation that sports stars and sporting events consumes so much of peoples attention.  Bread and circuses just like in the old Roman Empire.  The Ohio Governor even did a parody of a popular song to try to get this guy to come to his team.  The State's are virtually bankrupt the the Nero's are fiddling while Rome is burning.

So true, but still we watch??.

george.

darren

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2010, 05:38:30 PM »

musicman: one man can be the difference when it comes to winning the championship. I give you one great example. New Orleans Saints and Drew Brees. Not only his God given talent but his whole attitude change the Saints and the city. A strong leader. Maby that's what James will bring??

Darren

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2010, 01:28:30 AM »

So true, but still we watch??.

george.

Absolutely not!!  wretch!!   :P

My cup of tea is baseball and football.   ;D

Samson

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2010, 02:19:27 PM »

Hey Guys,

I'm a N.Y. Knick fan, as Marques knows, so not too happy about all of this. I wonder if they(James, Bosh & Wade) were planning this together behind the scenes Months ago. I figured out what the best transaction the Knicks could possibly make, get rid of the owner, James Dolan. I like Amare Stoudamire, but it's not enough. The trade of David Lee was a mistake, all Sports are composed of Politics and Business, no loyalty to Team or Players. David Lee epitomized the hard work ethic, always trying to find ways to improve His game. I don't like watching Sports as much as in the past, but my time is better spent elsewhere.

Carry On, Samson.

musicman

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2010, 02:38:27 PM »

musicman: one man can be the difference when it comes to winning the championship. I give you one great example. New Orleans Saints and Drew Brees. Not only his God given talent but his whole attitude change the Saints and the city. A strong leader. Maby that's what James will bring??

Darren

Well, Wade has been that kind of presence.  Without him, the Heat would have won 15 games this year.  But it takes at least two, as was shown when Shaq joined them 6 years ago.  Three superstars will either be a crowd or an unstoppable force.  By the way, I'm trying out for one of the other two positions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.