bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: all credit to god ??  (Read 6791 times)

gallenwalsh

all credit to god ??
« on: July 15, 2010, 06:55:48 PM »

I just have a question, no bible quotes . just looking for opinions. I was watching a religious program the other day, which I don't often do, but I came across what I would call a nonsensical rant and rave regarding repetitive use of the Name of Jesus and this " all credit to god " stuff, and how were all just no good , self annihilating self hating banter.And there was a woman who had a horrific life of abuse of all kinds by here own father and some guy says she's just no good and does not deserve to live, but Jesus died for her and her sins, and this poor woman runs around yelling praise the lord, but  you could hear the pathetic attempt to be happy in her voice to try and be happy with what she was being told, but it actually made me sick to my stomach and I had to turn away. my question is: where do they get this stuff from???

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
Re: all credit to god ??
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 12:13:05 AM »

no bible quotes huh ???

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

longhorn

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 01:27:46 AM »

Jesus Loves me this I know.

Longhorn

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 02:28:44 AM »

Hi Gallenwalsh

For me as I see and believe,  God gives us our experiences of evil that we may learn the difference between good and evil and receive the virtues of all that is good and Godly. Until we experience the difference between good and evil, not just by the book or superficially, or by watching the news but by a direct personal experience,  we shall remain subject to vanity, liable to deception, lies and false beliefs. If we are spiritually deceived and blind we are wretched and may as well be physically naked and literally blind. God is not anything like that. God is all knowing, all Powerful, all Wise and undeceived by anything or anyone. God is making us into His Image and likeness. God is doing this because God has a Plan and Purpose that ultimately finishes in at and with love. God is Love.

It is one thing to look at the TV and judge this or that as evil that we see on the news. It is quite another thing to be in the experience and have nurtured within us love, joy, peace, kindness,goodness, faithfullness, endurance and patience bringing us to the wisdom to know, trust and believe God.  God is the author and maker of all in His Plan and Purpose for everything. God is causing our edification, experience and ultimate understanding, appreciation, knowledge and joy filled realisation of who God is, how God thinks and what Gods ways are.

God is Love  ~ a consuming fire that purges out self will and leaves vulnerable, yielding, compliant, obedient and pure, the reflection and Spirit of God within.

If you take a hand full of sand, you can not see through it and it has no use to hold or contain anything. On its own, sand can nurture nothing and nothing can grow in it. It may be useful only when picked up by the wind and as a dust particle in the air, it may refract the light of the sun to present the fleeting red and gold colors of twilight or dawn, or a sun set or sunrise appreciated only by those who bother to look up and are made capable by God to enjoy the heavens proclaiming God's glory through their splendor and beauty.

When sand is put through fire, it can become glass that can hold and contain something. God is making us into vessels of His Spirit. God will one day be all in all and we will see and know Him as He is.  That is the Plan and Purpose of God and the reason for evil that provides us the experience of coming to know the difference between sand that blows away at the slightest wind of any doctrine, and glass that is made steady and useful to holding the Spirit of God within.

There is nothing useless or futile weak or insignificant about our God. He is our maker and the council of God's Will is being done in the design of the tiniest dust particle to the complexity of the human being being fashioned through judgment, as the heat of fire on sand, to become the vessel of God's Spirit, the image of God's likeness and the children of God's Kingdom and family.

Arc

judith collier

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 02:57:52 AM »

Gallenwalsh, if what you said is true it seems horrible. I hated being prayed over by people who didn't even know me and saying things that were misintrepeted by me and calling out devils. So a person who was abused got even more abuse. Oh yea, that's for sure God, right? I prefer the method used here, teaching but being upheld by love and patience and understanding. Babys need milk, the tougher stuff should come in time and not by beating them over the head with it.

Dawidos

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2010, 07:41:42 PM »

Hi Gallenwalsh

For me as I see and believe,  God gives us our experiences of evil that we may learn the difference between good and evil and receive the virtues of all that is good and Godly. Until we experience the difference between good and evil, not just by the book or superficially, or by watching the news but by a direct personal experience,  we shall remain subject to vanity, liable to deception, lies and false beliefs. If we are spiritually deceived and blind we are wretched and may as well be physically naked and literally blind. God is not anything like that. God is all knowing, all Powerful, all Wise and undeceived by anything or anyone. God is making us into His Image and likeness. God is doing this because God has a Plan and Purpose that ultimately finishes in at and with love. God is Love.

It is one thing to look at the TV and judge this or that as evil that we see on the news. It is quite another thing to be in the experience and have nurtured within us love, joy, peace, kindness,goodness, faithfullness, endurance and patience bringing us to the wisdom to know, trust and believe God.  God is the author and maker of all in His Plan and Purpose for everything. God is causing our edification, experience and ultimate understanding, appreciation, knowledge and joy filled realisation of who God is, how God thinks and what Gods ways are.

God is Love  ~ a consuming fire that purges out self will and leaves vulnerable, yielding, compliant, obedient and pure, the reflection and Spirit of God within.

If you take a hand full of sand, you can not see through it and it has no use to hold or contain anything. On its own, sand can nurture nothing and nothing can grow in it. It may be useful only when picked up by the wind and as a dust particle in the air, it may refract the light of the sun to present the fleeting red and gold colors of twilight or dawn, or a sun set or sunrise appreciated only by those who bother to look up and are made capable by God to enjoy the heavens proclaiming God's glory through their splendor and beauty.

When sand is put through fire, it can become glass that can hold and contain something. God is making us into vessels of His Spirit. God will one day be all in all and we will see and know Him as He is.  That is the Plan and Purpose of God and the reason for evil that provides us the experience of coming to know the difference between sand that blows away at the slightest wind of any doctrine, and glass that is made steady and useful to holding the Spirit of God within.

There is nothing useless or futile weak or insignificant about our God. He is our maker and the council of God's Will is being done in the design of the tiniest dust particle to the complexity of the human being being fashioned through judgment, as the heat of fire on sand, to become the vessel of God's Spirit, the image of God's likeness and the children of God's Kingdom and family.

Arc

What a breathtaking and glorious statement! There is "spiritual wisdom" in what you've just said.

God, bless you sister.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 12:31:32 PM »

Blessings to you too Dawidos

Though we may respond to a question or comment by a member, our reply is not always what they expect or perhaps what they can gain from.  Yet there are others, or maybe just one person, who our responce inspires encourages and even edifies.  I appreciate that you were inspired. :)

Arc

jj81

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2010, 05:55:54 PM »

Arcturus,

I too am greatly inspired by your statement! I can not explain how much I needed these words. Perfect timing on His part through you. Our God is amazing! Gallenwalsh, I pray that you too recieve inspiration.

Thank you immensely,
Justin

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 02:02:25 AM »

...I needed these words. Perfect timing on His part...

Well that includes Gallenwalsh too for the question caused too, by God, and the reply, the work prepared by God to give me the joy and privilage to have walked in!

Blessings to you for your acknowledgement of Him, Justin. :)

All credit IS to God, for our questions, answers, desires and abilities. He is the author of our circumstances and the finisher of our Faith that is Of Christ, perfected by the life Of Christ being lived in us through His Spirit.

Arc
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 02:06:12 AM by Arcturus »

G. Driggs

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2010, 04:26:42 AM »

Quote from: gallenwalsh
my question is: where do they get this stuff from???

What does it matter, as long is Christ is being preached? Rejoice! :D

Peace

G.Driggs

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2010, 04:18:02 PM »

Thanks Gallenwalsh for the thoughtful question
and Thanks Arc for the insightful response
We are always enlarged and improved by what God gives you to share with us.

Warm regards, Indiana Bob

...I needed these words. Perfect timing on His part...

Well that includes Gallenwalsh too for the question caused too, by God, and the reply, the work prepared by God to give me the joy and privilage to have walked in!

Blessings to you for your acknowledgement of Him, Justin. :)

All credit IS to God, for our questions, answers, desires and abilities. He is the author of our circumstances and the finisher of our Faith that is Of Christ, perfected by the life Of Christ being lived in us through His Spirit.

Arc

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2010, 04:28:13 PM »

Your words are a blessing indianabob. We dare take nothing for granted.

Blessings to you

Arc

dave

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2010, 04:43:12 PM »

Hi Gallenwalsh

Arc

Praise The Lord!

Aatos

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2010, 02:25:01 AM »

I like Arc's explanation a lot; it makes more sense than what I was going to say; which is this:

This sounds like a case of "faking it".  You said the woman was acting happy, joyful, but in reality she seemed to be none of those things.  Now here's an honest question.  We know that any good that comes from us is from Christ, and not ourselves.  The question is, do we focus on what 'scum' we are, then try to act happy?  Or do we focus on what God is doing through us?

I think the woman was doing the former.  She had been told that she was scum, worthless, but oh hey, Jesus died for her sins;  so she's still scum, but at least one being doesn't see her that way.  Let's face it,  none of us like to be told that we're nothing, but evil/carnal/bad.  I do believe this woman didn't know the love of God yet, hence her sorrow.

and yet, I would credit this God, because everything happens for a reason.   There will be a time when this woman gets to truly know the LORD.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 23 queries.