bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: who has the gift of the Holy Spirit?  (Read 4544 times)

octoberose

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
who has the gift of the Holy Spirit?
« on: July 19, 2010, 01:05:23 AM »

I was thinking today that I'd rather know my children were walking in Truth, then be too concerned about weather I was with the elect of God, or with all others at judgement. Then it struck me that maybe the Holy Spirit is a manifestation of God that only the Elect would have. Now if that is true, I would feel like an empty vessel. The idea that all this time that it was not the Holy Spirit that has guided me, prodded me, given me the ability to love enemies that I can not possibly do on my own- now that scares me.  What is your understanding about this? Your thoughts would be appreciated.

G. Driggs

Re: who has the gift of the Holy Spirit?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 05:18:55 AM »

All is of God, whether it be good or evil. It does not matter that a person experienced good or evil before or after being called. The difference between someone God might be saving in this age and someone God is not saving in this age is those being called and chosen now are learning to discern good and evil ahead of most. The Elect are being shown mercy through His judgments now in this age, whereas the rest of humanity will have to go through a stricter judgment later. Either way when His judgments are made manifest in the earth, all people, all nations will worship Him and be saved. So I think whatever good a person did in the past was still all from God. He manifest Himself to all in many ways, but not all give Him the credit and glory at this time.  Anyway just my thoughts for what it's worth. :)

Peace

G.Driggs

Duane

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 09:59:14 PM »

Amberose--I would like to point out that there are two ways to read your question. 
!.  Who has the "gift of the spirit" --residing within them,  or
2.  Who has the "gifts of the spirit"  ie: Galations 6: 22-23 (fruits) OR; speaking in tongues, et. al.
     like in Acts 2.

I am happy to help reframe  the question, BUT many forum members can supply a better answer
than I can so I'll slip out.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 11:52:53 PM »

These scripture should help.  They aren't the end of it, but clear to those who believe the Gospel.

1Jn 4:13  By this we know that we abide in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit.
1Jn 4:14  And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world.
1Jn 4:15  Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.
1Jn 4:16  So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.
1Jn 4:17  By this is love perfected with us, so that we may have confidence for the day of judgment, because as he is so also are we in this world.
1Jn 4:18  There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
1Jn 4:19  We love because he first loved us.
1Jn 4:20  If anyone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen.
1Jn 4:21  And this commandment we have from him: whoever loves God must also love his brother.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

octoberose

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 02:11:05 AM »

Thank you all.
 I'm making a book for my son as he leaves for college. I'm including poems, quotes, scriptures, letters. I think I'll include 1John 4. I had forgotten how beautiful it was.
     I guess I thought that if you had the indwelling Spirit you would manifest His Spirit in many ways, including the fruits listed in Galations 6. Is that not right?

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 04:51:04 PM »

At least we will begin to.  It isn't possible to 'display' long-suffering, for example, until one has 'suffered long'.  Beware of counterfeits. 

Being saved, being conformed to the image of Christ, bearing the fruit of the Spirit is really all the same thing--the same work of God in us.  It takes time, and considering the end result, it needs to take time.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.