bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello from New Mexico  (Read 10737 times)

karenmarie

Re: Hello from New Mexico
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2010, 10:33:51 AM »

Hi Aatos,

Welcome to the forum! I am a newbie myself, but I read posts here everyday and feel the fellowship which sustains me after churchgoing (still doing that, watching and waiting to see how God brings me out - he seems to be doing it gently for family and friends' sakes).

I have only been to New Mexico once and loved it. Been to Arizona several times and I would love to move to the Southwest for winter months. I live in beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, so I get my "greens", but I love the different vistas including desert in Arizona and New Mexico.

I am an artist, too -- an "archaic" oil painter, although I don't often use traditional methods but play around with dripping, scraping, and using the palette knife instead of brushes. I also do graphite portraits, large - 16 x 20. Been selling my work for the past six years or so, and starting to get into galleries and national shows, but not making enough to live on yet! Luckily I have a very supportive husband plus a part-time job teaching art and math. Do you have a website or blog that shows your work?

Look forward to hearing more about your journey in the faith!

Karen

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2010, 12:12:08 PM »

Thanks for the interesting personal info Aatos and Karen.
Karen do you have a web site that shows your work in oils or charcoal.
I'm not an artist but do appreciate art and those who produce it.

Regards, Indiana Bob
Plymouth, IN

karenmarie

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2010, 03:12:54 PM »

IndianaBob, I do have a website and a blog. The blog shows more current work. I don't know if forum rules allow posting of websites and blogs, so I will wait to hear from the ones in the know.

Karen

mmijares

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2010, 01:13:42 AM »

Hi Aatos,
Welcome to the forum!
-Mij  :)

cherokee

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2010, 09:46:12 AM »

Hey Aatos,

Welcome to the forum.

Blessings,
Suzie

jassy

« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2010, 03:15:51 PM »

IndianaBob, I do have a website and a blog. The blog shows more current work. I don't know if forum rules allow posting of websites and blogs, so I will wait to hear from the ones in the know.

Karen

Hi there Aatos. welcome to the forum. I am sure you can post links to your website and blogs. Have seen others do this. And  would love to see your work.
I am an oil painter who branched into automotive customising of cars and bikes. In this economic climate you can imagine how thats going lately ;D
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 19 queries.