bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: prayer request  (Read 4732 times)

all4love

prayer request
« on: June 29, 2006, 09:25:56 PM »

I just got word about an hour ago that my Dad has been admitted into the hospital and has been hooked up to a heart monitor.  You see my Dad had triple bypass surgery about 6 or 7 years ago and it has been a fighting struggle every since in and out of the hospital for pneumona.  It seems that it is getting worse and worse every year.  He has so far this year been in the hospital twice now which is more than any other year before.  The doctors have said that he has cronic pneumona which means it will never go away and there isn't anything they can do about except give him medicine and when it gets to be really bad where he is coughing up blood then they put him in the hospital till it clears up.  However, this time I guess he was sick and had a doctors appointment and he was also complaining of chest pains which we just found out that this has been a problem for him for about two days now.  He just didn't say anything untill today at his doctors appointment and so the doctor has put him in the hospital.  Please pray for him and my family. 

Thanks and God Bless,
Amy

Daniel

Re: prayer request
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 10:41:19 PM »

Amy, I'm very sorry to hear about how sick your father is.

I will keep Him in my prayers.

God bless both him and you

Peace be with you

Daniel

all4love

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 12:55:24 PM »

Thank you Daniel I really appreciate it.  That means alot to me.

God Bless you,
Amy

hillsbororiver

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 01:35:34 PM »

Hi Amy,

I will pray for your Dad, you & your family during this difficult time,

Joe

gmik

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 09:25:07 PM »

Amen Amy.  My thoughts and prayers are with you!

all4love

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 09:38:17 PM »

Thank you very much Joe and Gena much appreciated.  I talked to my Dad today he doesn't sound TOOOO bad but he is sometimes good at putting on an act so that people will think he is alright.  However, I found out from my mom that he is talking like he doesn't think he is going to be around much longer. I once heard that people can sense when their time is near.  I don't know what to think I am just leaving it in God's hands.  I know that it isn't up to us as to when we leave this earth.  I just don't think I am ready to let him go so I pray to God that it is his will to let him stay here with us alittle while longer.

Here I go Rambling agian,  I just wanted to thank you for your prayers.

God Bless
Amy :-*

hillsbororiver

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 10:01:42 AM »

Hello again Amy,

I have experienced the passing of both of my parents, it is a painful process and the "time" is never right for those of us who love them. My Dad and Mom were both in the hospital the last month of their lives (13 years apart) and with each of them it was my desire that they hang on, get better, come home.

Looking back (both times) I realized it was me I was feeling sorry for and not so much them, I was consumed with what their departure (a big void in my life) meant to me more than the weak condition they were struggling in, what a glorious day it will be when these "separations" are no longer, when all tears will be wiped away and death is defeated.

Both of my parents knew the time was short for them and they almost seemed to welcome the rest, no more dependence on others for their every need, no more pain or painkillers, no more crying family and friends at their bedside. We did not (or would not) realize or accept this fact but they certainly seemed to.

Amy, it is not my intention to be melodramatic or fatalistic but it is times like this when our faith is tested and strengthened, when we truly live and breath His promises, my prayers are with you and all your family.

Joe

YellowStone

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2006, 10:18:51 AM »

Hi Amy, it's never nice having anyone you love talking of death. All is not lost, for God has a plan and nothing can thwart it, even pneumona. If it be God's will then miracles can happen. My wife has been so close to deaths door for about 8 years, being hospitalized as many as 3 times in a year. She is diabetic, has lymphoma, cronic heart disease and had lungs that were beyond repair. She was confined to a wheel chair.

This went on for seven years and of course she did not want to continue in this way. However, miracles do happen. She knows that she was touched by the hand of God. Three weeks after being told that she may never leave the hospital, she walked out. Her heart is now incredibly strong, her lungs a clear and she has cut way back on the insulin and is driving again. All we can know is that she had many many people praying for her.

I cannot say that this will happen with your dad, who can say. I will pray for your dad and for you.

Well wishes to you and your family,

Darren

all4love

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2006, 02:44:45 PM »

Thank you all for the words of encouragement and for the prayers.  I just got a phone call from my Dad and he is at home now.  He sounded really tired but at least he was able to go home and be with my mom.  I think as far as him saying he doesn't think he will be around much longer it is because he has been sick for so long that he is just tired of being in pain and wants it to end.  I pray for him every day, hoping that it will be God's will to heal him so that he has no more pain.  In the same sense I pray that it is God's will to let us have him around for alittle while longer.  When I think of that I feel so selfish but I sometimes can't help it, I am working on it though.

Thank you all,
Amy

buddyjc

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2006, 11:29:10 AM »

Hello Amy,

I praise God your father is no longer in the hospital.  I have prayed for both of you, and will continue to do so.  Your father is still here for a reason.  God has a purpose for everything He does, and we must have faith that He will accomplish that purpose. 

Yours in Him,
Brian
Rom. 8:28
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.