bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Present Day Visions  (Read 3925 times)

HoneyLamb56

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Present Day Visions
« on: July 20, 2010, 11:39:12 AM »

I do not believe in ghosts; are we able to see spirits if God wants us to?  Is this an illusion of Satan?   History:  my mother's father died when she was 3 years old; years later (she was in her early 30's) while sitting at the dinner table in my grandmother's kitchen (with other family members), she said she saw her father walk past the screen door smoking a pipe and could even see the smoke coming out of the pipe;  my mother is not delusional, does not have mental illness etc.  and obviously wasn't dreaming;  has anyone ever heard of other people who have had a similar experience?  I have had dreams that were so real such as seeing my father-in-law standing beside my bed; I could see his pores on his face; I would wake up saying "what do you want"; after this happened a couple of times, I suggested to my husband that I think his father is sick; shortly after he was diagnosed with cancer and died.  But, I knew this was a nightmare; yet to me it was like a message.  I want to know if there is some validity to these things scripturally.

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Present Day Visions
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 05:15:36 PM »

If one 'sees' a vision, there is nothing there for him to 'see'.  It's a vision.  This is what Peter, James and John experienced at the transfiguration of Jesus when they 'saw' Moses and Elijah.  Moses and Elijah weren't there.  Moses' and Elijah's 'spirits' were not there.  P,J and J had a vision.  I can't say for sure, because I don't know--but it may be possible to actually 'see' Spiritual-beings such as angels because they actually 'appear'.  God, on the other hand, IS Spirit and He cannot be seen.  Jesus Christ is the express image of the INVISIBLE GOD.    

There are phenomena mentioned in scripture that defy every-day experience.  I've experienced some myself.  AS BEST AS I CAN SEE, there are very few (if any) of them that are meant for believers.  All (or almost all) are meant for unbelievers.  If such a thing happened to your mother, or to anybody else, we can be sure it was by the will of God for the purpose of God.  He is sovereign God, after all.  

Yet we also know that it is by the will of God and for the purpose of God that the great majority of mankind is blinded.  As a practical matter, many such phenomenon can be explained 'naturally'--and many more are intended to decieve from the beginning by hoaxsters and charlatans.  That doesn't mean that some are not 'genuine'...just that not all are.    

Given all that, I don't want to spend my time looking for, wishing for, or expecting 'events' not meant for believers and open to manipulation by men and spirits.  This is why I take it fairly personally when I'm encountering people who seem to be wanting to impress me with their visions, etc.  They are asking me to lay aside the miracle that was worked in MY life (to be 'unblinded' and to begin to see Scripture with spiritual eyes) in order to give attention to, at the least, 'dubious' events in their life--often interpreted in religious context that has nothing to do with Scriptural, Spiritual truth.

I've lived my life, and still do.  I've had experiences outside the normal day-to-day routine, as has your mother, you, and probably most of the people reading this thread.  These have helped shape my life by the will of God and played a part in preparing me to believe the Gospel.  So have sin, Satan, religion and every other 'cause' that He's used to herd me "here".   Now they are in the past and I'm moving on to the Higher Calling.  The only sign and wonder I'm looking forward to is resurrection.

That's my take.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 05:29:26 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 18 queries.