bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Prayer for Me and Mine, Please...  (Read 6630 times)

Ninny

A Prayer for Me and Mine, Please...
« on: July 21, 2010, 08:39:51 PM »

I would ask if you all don't mind please pray for my husband, Larry, and me..for peace and that God's hand would cover my husband..He is going in at 6 in the morning for a procedure on his heart..I will post some details after everything is over...I love you all and there is amazing peace knowing that you are praying for me..and I have asked a lot of prayers from you in the past couple of years that I have been here!

You know how I feel about you! I'm sorry I haven't been there for you all more recently..I haven't welcomed newcomers, checked up on some of you like I usually do, but my heart has been kind of broken for the last few months and some of the wind has been knocked from my sails! But I have been coming back gradually! You know I can't resist harassing Longhorn and Musicman!! The two of them are important to sense of humor recovery! ha!

I have really neglected some of my dear friends lately I have some wonderful sisters on this forum who are always there for me! (I don't want anyone to think I just am partial to the men, here!!)  ;D  I DO like 'em for sure, but you all have such a place in my heart!! I miss you all when we're not together here!

So be thinking of me in the morning and pray that I will be at peace and that all will go according to God's will!
Blessings to all of you!! My dear, sweet family!
Kathy :) ;) :-*

Roy Coates

Re: A Prayer for Me and Mine, Please...
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 01:48:11 AM »

My God bless you always. Keep us posted

Joel

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 07:21:31 AM »

I pray that all goes well for your husband, you, and all your family.
Joel

judith collier

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 10:30:17 AM »

I hope the outcome is good! I am praying late but God knew I would so my prayer counts!
I pray this onslaught of sorrow in your family come to an end. I pray your husband is and will be healthy and always there for you.
I pray protection over your family and that God's mercy fall like rain.
Always, judy

Nan

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 10:54:31 AM »

I will add my prayers.

Ninny

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 05:14:25 PM »

Thank you! We found out today that my husband's heart is very sick...
He will have surgery tomorrow. The nurses told me they are surprised he's alive!
God is in control and He is good! I'll update tomorrow after the surgery. Thank you for your prayers!
Kathy

Linny

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 06:12:44 PM »

Heart surgeries have come a long way and I have some great info I can give you once this is over and he can start to re-build it.  ;D
Thankful that he was one of those whose strong heart keeps going even when it is sick.

My father found out he had a bad heart when I was in high school and he died at 73, 2 yrs ago! Strong hearts can take a lot of hard living!

Praying for a wonderful outcome!
Loveyou!
Lin

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 07:21:50 PM »

Will be praying, Kathy.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Marlene

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 08:20:23 PM »

Kathy , I pray that you all will have peace and Larry does well.

In His Love,
Marlene

Vangie

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2010, 08:35:06 PM »

I add my prayers Kathy. 

Love in Christ,
Vangie

tamaralv

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2010, 03:08:02 AM »

Hi Kathy. I wish I could give you a big hug and hold your hand through this. I can't, but my thoughts and prayers are for your family tonight. I pray Larry does well during and after his surgery and that God keep you all wrapped in His love and lend His strength during this rough time. You are so loved...

Tammy

margo

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2010, 04:42:17 PM »

Dear Kathy,

I pray that you will have peace, knowing that our Lord is in control.  He loves you and your dear husband.

Love,
Margo

Linny

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2010, 01:46:19 PM »

I know Kathy is quite busy so I thought I'd post an update here for her.
I'll let Kathy give the details but the surgery went well, he had 3 by-passes and is expected to make a full recovery.  ;D ;D ;D

Ninny

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2010, 11:01:42 AM »

Thank you, Lin! I have been very busy...wow! what a scary ordeal! Larry is doing well..He is supposed to get out of the hospital Wed. Then my scary times really begin!

Honestly, the doctor told him that all the major arteries in his heart were almost completely blocked and he has had several heart attacks and didn't even realize it!

Thank you all for praying for me!  I love you all!
Kathy ;)  :-*

EKnight

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2010, 01:31:58 PM »

I feel your pain Kathy, I really do.  Heart problems are very scary.  I will pray that God has intervened in time for your Larry to begin healing his heart.

Eileen

judith collier

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2010, 11:01:31 PM »

Will continue to remember Larry and your family.

Ninny

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2010, 11:29:23 AM »

Eileen, it is because of what you went through that I waited to post anything about my husband..I know there are just too many ways to relive the pain...

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers..Larry is doing very well. he is up and around he's free of tubes and iv's..

You really need to pay attention to your health! Larry goes to the dr twice per year and has bloodwork done..He has been going to the VA clinic even though we have good insurance..never trust everyone!! He had told the dr at the VA that he was having horrible pain in his right arm and shoulder..and his hand would go numb..the dr there told him to take Arthritis Strength Tylenol! He has had many things going on that should have told any competent dr that something was wrong!  Every day he came home from work and told me he didn't feel well and was sick to his stomach...I knew something was wrong with his heart! The dr told him just a few months ago when he had a colonoscopy that he had a heart murmur.

There are many things that doctors missed or ignored! So we all have to pay attention and when something isn't right then get it checked! It definitely just wasn't Larry's time to go...because the dr. told him he was "living on a prayer". So thank you all again for praying me through yet another thing!
I love you all!
Kathy :-*  ;)

Samson

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2010, 01:36:56 AM »

Hi Kathy,

I just wanted to say how sorry I am regarding all the suffering you've experience in the last year with your Husband, Grandkids, Your Sister; etc. God has given Mankind an experience of Evil(Ecclesiastes. 1:13) for sure and you've experienced your share. The counsel at Matthew chapter 6 regarding " not worrying about Tomorrow, because sufficient is Today's Badness certainly rings true, We could drive ourselves crazy worrying about what might happen Tomorrow and We all probably do that at times. Glad to hear Larry is doing okay and hope He will be alright.

Kind Regards, Samson.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 12:08:00 PM by Samson »

cjwood

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2010, 03:51:07 AM »

kathy, i pray your larry continues to strengthen from his bypass surgery. when we realize that we really and truly are always at the mercy of God's Will in our lives, and, the lives of our families and friends; we can experience a very, very sobering state of mind because of the reality and truth that all we can really do is pray and wait on Him. and, ask Him for the strength and courage to accept His Will, whatever it may be. and sometimes, that is the hardest part when it comes to those we love. but, He is faithful and He is LOVE.

claudia
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.