bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Concordant Literal Version of the New Testament  (Read 10595 times)

Duane

Concordant Literal Version of the New Testament
« on: July 26, 2010, 01:16:02 AM »

The more I read Ray's writings, that of Samson, Kat et. al. the more I see a need/desire to own a Concordant Literal Version of the New Testament. 

Being a semanticist at heart, I love the way the older versions read in their somewhat clumsy grammatical styles; but many times the meanings come out clearer; in spite, and it never hurts to exercise your "gray matter" in extracting the meanings!  Many times the poetic aspects of the piece suffer, too, such as in the Psalms and Proverbs.  Until I received a New King James Version Study Bible from my wife, I never realized HOW the ancient poetry was set up (to the standards of the day) until in explained it in detail!  Then I read it with a whole new understanding.  I was alwys informed that the Psalms and Proverbs were songs or poetry but I NEVER saw what I expected poetry to read right or look like in them ie: beat, meter, flow etc.

I am also amazed at how the New King James Study Bible glosses over and EXPLAINS AWAY what we FORUM members believe--dissing "soul sleep", beliefs on hell not being taken literally, and the "here-after" in general!  To know the scriptures we use and THEN dismantle them shows "eyes that will not see and ears that will not hear and being dull of understanding".  (A big disappointment to a nice re-translation of the old KJV and the many charts, graphs, and information that IS helpful.) 

Now that I have rambled, I am back to my original purpose in writing!  Where do I find ONE?  I called our local CHRISTIAN BOOK STORE  and they NEVER HEARD OF IT!  Can you imagine that??  It's ONLY the Bible!  ( I can just picture the "look of wonderment" if I ask for a Rotherdam or any of the other versions
commonly used by Ray, Samson and others!) 

ANYWAY, WHERE can I purchase one and just what price range am I looking at?

Stacey

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Concordant Literal Version of the New Testament
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 02:43:25 AM »

Stacey

Samson

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 01:11:32 AM »

Hi Duane,

I noticed that your on-line. I'm interested in purchasing a Concordant Literal Translation too. Mainly because my Rotherhams Emphasized Bible uses Archaic English like some of the Older Versions of the King James. Actually, My NKJV is overall pretty good with the exception of mistranslating Aionios. However, it sometimes translates the plural Aions as Ages in some places in the book of Revelation and also in that Scripture regarding " those sinning against the holy spirit;" " won't be forgiven in this Age or the Age to come." Also, it renders Aion, An Age accurately. So, for the most part My New King James translation is pretty good. The reason I want to purchase the Concordant Literal Translation By A.E. Knock is because, not only is it more accurate regarding Aion and it's derivatives, also Hades, Gehenna; etc, but the English is more modern and less Archaic than Rotherhams and most of the Older Versions of the Bible. Ray mentions that He primarily uses the Older Versions of the King James because many of His readers prefer that Version and won't accept other Versions. They think that the King James Version is THEE BIBLE. I know a guy who actually quit the Mennonite Denomination because they switched from using The King James to using The New International. I know it seems ridiculous to us. Us Forum Members would be more concerned with what they teach instead what Translation they decide to use. That Guy was an Elder for that Denomination.

Kind Regards, Samson.

gmik

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 01:40:20 AM »

Hi folks...I got mine off Amazon.com...It is a great study Bible and I love it....but for just sitting down and "devotionally" reading the Bible, right now I use the Message.

Duane

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 02:25:58 AM »

Stacie...thank you very much for the web-site~ I hope ALL forum members check it out for the MANY topics that are printed at very LOW prices.
(Hours of time can be saved of the FORUM MODERATORS because the topics seem to be in accordance with Ray's teachings and are all ready in written form.)

Lastly, it gave me SPIRITUAL ENCOURAGEMENT that many scholars were "of old" because much of the criticism I have heard from Christian friends representing the
CHRISTIAN ESTABLISHMENT is "Ray Who?" and this "new strange doctrine" that you mindlessly have been drawn into, ie:  Jim Jones or WACO!

zee325

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 02:38:11 PM »

I did not buy the print copy but got it on e-sword for free, together with Young's, Rotherham, Emphatic diaglott NT, Wuest's NT, etc. I had never even heard of e-sword or any of these translations before, now I can't read the Bible without them.  I got it from here:

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4470.0.html

santikos

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 04:06:00 PM »

if u do purchase it from http://www.concordant.org/index.   please be prepared to wait several weeks to recieve it. i sent them a check over 2 weeks ago and it is still being processed. i called and they said they are small and they usually process is 3-4 weeks. just print out their order form and see that they have many other books available as well. 

markn902

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010, 07:39:48 PM »

I have gotten several books from the concordant publishing concern and yes they do take a long time usually about a month but their prices are good and they are a non profit so I use them. I don't know anything about them teaching the rapture I didn't know they taught anything I thought they were just a publishing house. The books I have gotten from them were written by other people over a hundred years ago I guess I need to look a little closer at them.  :-[  overall though if you are not in a hurry they are great!

Duane

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2010, 08:20:06 PM »

I am TRULY SORRY that I stirred up "a hornet's nest" by "encouraging ALL forum members to check out the web-site because it seemed to be 'in accordance with Ray's teachings' "!

As a new member of THE FORUM I will, in the future, check with a Forum Moderator" prior to "recommending
ANYTHING" for reader consideration~

Anyway, it sure was a "back-handed" way to learn a WHOLE LOT about OTHER teachings, (that I didn't even know existed)!

Hopefully, it, in some way will help/benefit others--if to just WARN them of the pit falls of other teachings.

markn902

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2010, 01:22:34 AM »

I came to understand a doctrine held by most people connected with the Concordant Publishing Concern (which includes Jeff and many of his Biblical teacher friends), with which I absolutely could not disagree more.

Who is Jeff is he the one who runs the concordant publishing concern? also who are these "biblical teacher friends" any idea? my curiosity has been stoked  :)

Stacey

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2010, 03:23:45 AM »

I am TRULY SORRY that I stirred up "a hornet's nest"

You didn't. What has been said here concerning the CLNT can also be applied to many, probably most, if not all, other translations. We have to be careful with ANY translation that we read or ANY teaching associated with that translation. After all, any Bible we read is a translation and not actual scripture and subject to the translators on bias and beliefs. The KJV is a perfect example of just that. How many of us believed in hell because a preacher preached it AND gave us the verses to look at in the KJV?

Anyway, does knowing what we have read here make the CLNT a bad version of the Bible? I don't know. Maybe someone else will chime in on that.

I ordered me one.  :)
Stacey

Marky Mark

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2010, 11:56:29 AM »

It is not the CLV translation of Scripture that is in question but rather the teachings of the "Concordant Publishing Concern" that I believe is in question. Ray uses the CLV for reference all the time in his work. I also like the CLV for studying.Its always a good idea to use multiple translations of Scripture in order to get a better understanding of what the Word is trying to convey to the reader.

Peace...Mark

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2010, 03:25:32 PM »

Just for reading, it can be very clunky and obtuse.  Figures of speech don't often translate word for word, and that is the POINT of this translation.  But as a Bible Study aide, it's very helpful--which is why I'd rather have it in E-sword than in book form.  Added bonus--its free.   ;)
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 19 queries.