bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: the giant  (Read 4604 times)

dre91

the giant
« on: July 26, 2010, 09:39:43 PM »

what was daniels interpretation of the kings dream? i need help understanding what the dream meant.

Kat

Re: the giant
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 12:53:55 AM »

Hi dre91,

Dan 2:37-38  You, O king, are a king of kings... you are this head of gold.

Dan 2:39  But after you shall arise another kingdom inferior to yours; then another, a third kingdom of bronze...

Dan 2:40  And the fourth kingdom shall be as strong as iron...

Simply put to me this appears the be speaking of the present age and the kingdoms of the world that come and go. Then we come to the verse that speaks of the end of this age.

Dan 2:44  And in the days of these kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed; and the kingdom shall not be left to other people; it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand forever.

Jesus will return to "set up His kingdom," He will then judge/break into pieces all the nations of the world.

Dan 2:45  Inasmuch as you saw that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it broke in pieces the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver, and the gold--the great God has made known to the king what will come to pass after this. The dream is certain, and its interpretation is sure."

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Duane

Re: the giant
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 02:49:09 AM »

dri91...you sure like to jump into the HEAVY STUFF don't you?  I had to go three separate nights-- for full one hour messages-- just to hear the answer AND I still went away "scratching my head" KNOWING I didn't understand a third of it (as a Bible scholar would)! 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.