bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: coat of many colors  (Read 8619 times)

gallenwalsh

coat of many colors
« on: July 31, 2010, 07:21:54 PM »

Been doing some studying on the coat of many colors, the rainbow covenant, the urim and the thumim,( not sure of the spelling), the breastplate the priests wore and would consult ( many colors) , one of the stones in the plate is alexandrite which is referred to as the stone of many colors, feel as all of these represent CHRIST( as most things do) and the church, the revealing of the saints at Christs return.Looking for conformation. Anyone else done a similar study? Like to know what you have found.Feel free to answer off line.

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
Re: coat of many colors
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 01:47:00 AM »

Hey gallenwwalsh
Not sure what your looking for?
If you believe they represent Christ, the Church, and the revealing of the saints maybe your should try these verses on for size:

Col 3:5  Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
Col 3:6  For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
Col 3:7  In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.
Col 3:8  But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
Col 3:9  Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
Col 3:10  And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
Col 3:11  Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
Col 3:12  Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
Col 3:13  Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
Col 3:14  And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
Col 3:15  And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

Eph 6:11  Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
Eph 6:12  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Eph 6:13  Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Eph 6:14  Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
Eph 6:15  And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Eph 6:16  Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
Eph 6:17  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Eph 4:22  That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
Eph 4:23  And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
Eph 4:24  And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Gal 3:27  For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

1Co 15:53  For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
1Co 15:54  So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

Luk 12:28  If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith?

Plainly stated, they all represent virtues, morals, godly characteristics that we should wear upon ourselves or spiritually speaking within us.
Don't forget we are being are becoming new men and new women in Christ.
New mind , new ways

Joseph, the priest and many others who adorned themselves in fine linens, jewels, and other valuables must be found to have these qualities within.

Hope this helps
Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

gallenwalsh

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 09:05:26 AM »

Thank you for that, it was insightful. What I was looking for was to see if anyone else saw the same parallels as I did .This is a new insight for me , to see that everything in the bible is actually referring to Christ or a type of Christ, and the Church. The knowledge of the virtues of GOD, Christ and Holiness are not foreign to me, having the POWER to live them however, is. Knowledge is good, POWER is far Better.Still seeking that POWER.!! Thanks again.

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 01:31:20 PM »

It's also interesting to me as Ray has taught us that if we can't see ourselves in these old testament types that we have not even begun to overcome the carnality that is in us.  We have Joseph with his coat of many colors and his brothers.  The many and the few.  The brothers were jealous of his coat and sought to kill Joseph.  Likewise God's elect have been given the many colors of the truth of God's word and the brethern who are still in bondage to babylon seek to spiritually slay those who wear their spiritual coat of many colors.  And sometimes unfortunately they not only seek to slay them spiritually but literally as well.  The brothers meant it for evil unto Jacob and yet God meant it for good.  God sent Joseph ahead to prepare for his brothers and so it is today for us as well.  God is sending his elect ahead with his deeper truths to prepare for the day when the brothers too, will learn God's truths.  These old testament types are fascinating and reaffirms the things that we have been taught here.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 10:25:40 AM by Arion »

mharrell08

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2010, 03:49:10 PM »

It's also interesting to me as Ray has taught us that if we can't see ourselves in these old testament types that we have not even begun to overcome the carnality that is in us.  We have Jacob with his coat of many colors and his brothers.  The many and the few.  The brothers were jealous of his coat and sought to kill Jacob.  Likewise God's elect have been given the many colors of the truth of God's word and the brethern who are still in bondage to babylon seek to spiritually slay those who wear their spiritual coat of many colors.  And sometimes unfortunately they not only seek to slay them spiritually but literally as well.  The brothers meant it for evil unto Jacob and yet God meant it for good.  God sent Jacob ahead to prepare for his brothers and so it is today for us as well.  God is sending his elect ahead with his deeper truths to prepare for the day when the brothers too, will learn God's truths.  These old testament types are fascinating and reaffirms the things that we have been taught here.

Amen, good word Arion.  :)

walt123

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 04:00:52 AM »

I like that info too Arion.

But i think it was Joseph you meant not Jacob. :)

walt.

olasupo jacobs

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 07:48:42 AM »

yesterday sunday morning, i was watching a cartoon that showed how Joseph re-united with his brothers after all he went through with them(his brothers) and in Egypt.... i found myself crying why?..the "Family reunion" was overwhelming...a sure analogy to the father of spirits impending "family re-union"...i.e that time would come when "He would unite all things both in heaven and on earth"..."when He truly becomes the saviour of the world"..."when His judgments will be in the earth and the world would learn righteousness"..." when He becomes all in all"....i foresee lots of tears rolling down our eyes when His grandest plan would be revealed THE SALVATION OF ALL...how be it let things remain as they are..the evils..false prophets..veiling of the gospel to many...the understanding of the truth by the few etc it is all of God and no one could have "coded" it better- lots of luv to you all we'll meet on that day Shola Jacobs

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 10:23:59 AM »

But i think it was Joseph you meant not Jacob. :)

Oh wow!!

My old age is catching up with me.  Except that I'm not 50 yet.  Maybe I can find another excuse?   :o

karenmarie

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 10:35:50 AM »

Shola Jacobs, you expressed the vision of the coming kingdom so well, a grand family re-union. I, too, see the story of Joseph and his brothers and their reconciliation as a type for when we all embrace our former folk who are now estranged from us, whether through physical distance, death, or sin. As a divorced woman, I mourn the loss of my first family, I still ache that the father of my children is distant and far-off from them, but I know someday all will be well. I love that story as a hope and promise.

Last time I read through the Old Testament, I was struck by the breastplate description, actually, all of the descriptions of the priests' clothing, down to the pomegranate trim. I'd love to learn more about the symbolism.

Karen

gallenwalsh

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2010, 11:14:19 AM »

Thank you EVERYONE for your comments and insights !!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 23 queries.