bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Noah and The Book of Revelation  (Read 4262 times)

anniej

Noah and The Book of Revelation
« on: August 01, 2010, 08:39:20 PM »

I've been thinking about topics for my second book and it seems to me that the story of Noah is a simplified parable of Revelation;  Everything from Noah "building his spiritual house on sand" to eventually "landing on the rock of Christ," etc.  I also see the parallel of the "many" who were lost in the flood and the "few" who were chosen to be saved on the ark.

If anyone has any insight on this or would like to do a study with me, let me know.  My email address is listed on my info page.

Rainbow Wishes!
Annie

judith collier

Re: Noah and The Book of Revelation
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 09:43:16 PM »

Annie, don't have spare time to get into anything too much but did appreciate the statement about the flood, never saw it like that before. The many and the few. How good it is with so many perspectives. judy

Kat

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 12:06:03 AM »

Hi Annie,

Yes I think you have the concept right and I remembered that Ray had said something like that. I found a couple of places where he mentioned what you were talking about.

http://bible-truths.com/lake12.html ------

Remember the Scriptural principle that first comes the physical and then the spiritual. There are many physical types in the Bible that represent spiritual realities.

God saved Noah and his family from the raging waves of the sea in an ark. When we come to understanding spiritual things, we will clearly see that the ark represents Christ.

http://bible-truths.com/lake8.html -------

A stern warning: How many does Jesus say through His Spirit, will He "…not blot out his name out of the book of life?" Let’s read it:

"Thou has A FEW names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and shall walk with Me in white: for they are worthy" (Rev. 3:4).

Dear readers it is always, just the FEW who will be in Christ in His glory in the first resurrection. All of the rest, ALL of them, will come up in the Second Resurrection, and white throne judgment with its "lake of fire and second death."

I feel it necessary to show you just how sobering our Lord’s statement to the churches really is. Not many escaped the flood that came on the world in Noah’s day because the thoughts of men were only evil continually,

"…while the ark was a preparing, wherein FEW, that is, eight souls were saved…" (I Pet. 3:20).

Are things better now? NO, Paul said things would get worse AND WORSE.

"Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leads unto life, and FEW there be that find it" (Matt. 7:14).

"So the last shall be first, and the first last: and many be called, but FEW chosen" (Matt. 20:16).

"For many are called, but FEW are chosen" (Matt. 22:14).
-------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 12:07:46 AM by Kat »

anniej

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 01:47:40 AM »

Thanks for pointing out some of Ray's teachings on this, Kat.  I really found it helpful and confirming.
Wishing you joy!
Annie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.