bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: do not forsake the assembling  (Read 9163 times)

gallenwalsh

do not forsake the assembling
« on: August 02, 2010, 11:55:43 AM »

I have read Rays article on not forsaking the assembling, I found it a relief to know that it primarily means the assembling of the person with the holy spirit. Howe ever I am a bit puzzled in regards to the assembling of actual people and the need to encourage one another and to exchange thoughts and feelings as we study and progress in god word and wonder why we are not all physically all together? From what I know from my personal study and experience is that the true Christian walk is a solitary one, Christ himself walked alone ( physically) the prophets walked signally as many of us do having a mate that is not called, the people and problems.that we face in  every day life we face alone. Because of my personal situation I do not ever see myself getting to one of your assemblies. I live in the far eastern part of the country and know of no one in my area to fellowship with.Is this solitary position of mine acceptable to god? Is it scriptural ? 

Nan

Re: do not forsake the assembling
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 02:07:53 PM »

I don't necessarily have a scriptural answer for you, but My walk is lonely, too. I will never be able to go to the conferences, either, but am grateful they are on the forum in transcripts. I miss my 'church' friends and the fellowship, though.My family is either Christian or agnostics.  I think this is why they started the forum.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 03:32:02 PM »

Hi Gallenwalsh,

You say you
wonder why we are not all physically all together?

Would we live any differently if we were “physically all together?” It is rather the spiritual unity with Christ that connects us beyond the physical boundaries, divisions and diversities.  We find our unity in Christ not in physical traditions, customs, cultures or nationalities. The Spirit of Christ is everywhere.

You ask :
Is this solitary position of mine acceptable to god?

Part of our journey God takes us through is in the experience of Elijah

1Ki 19:10  And he saith, `I have been very zealous for Jehovah, God of Hosts, for the sons of Israel have forsaken Thy covenant--Thine altars they have thrown down, and Thy prophets they have slain by the sword, and I am left, I, BY MYSELF, and they seek my life--to take it.'

God encouraged Elijah and informed him that he was not by himself and that God had left for Him, others who also were vessels of His Honor numbering seven thousand which is not physical or literal in number but in significance.

1Ki 19:18  and I have left in Israel seven thousand, all the knees that have not bowed to Baal, and every mouth that hath not kissed him.'

You and I and every single one of us, are never alone. We each individually have to pass through the pain of the belief and impression of being alone, vulnerable, isolated, separated and powerless until God causes us to emerge into the joy of experiencing His Presence, His Love, His Power  and healing of the pain we suffer prior to the Blessings God appoints to us after our deep contact with despair, loneliness and darkness.  We simply cannot appreciate God or God’s Wisdom and Love until we experience the opposite.  This is God’s idea to take us first through the physical and carnal and THEN to the Spiritual.  We ALL have passage through the pain of experiencing evil and the darkness until we are by the Grace, Mercy and Love of God, drawn  into the light and joy that God is controlling all of our experiences, impressions and circumstances towards the benevolent Blessing that He Wills for us all to experience as and when He causes us to be ready. :-\ It's tough. :( God is not easy or a push over, to be sniffed at! Oh no! :)

Then, have you not found that just when you think it is all over, there is nothing left, you are really truly at your end….then God….exceedingly abundantly beyond all you can think, hope or pray…God does…..what God does best…restores, heals, consoles, strengthens and enlightens…

We can take nothing for granted. Nothing…. :)

Arc

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 09:59:12 PM »

Hey Gallenwalsh,
How far east are you?

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 04:57:21 AM »

Would we live any differently if we were “physically all together?”

The dynamics of "circumstances" that God causes, would change and therefore present different outcomes. Carrying each others burdens may be better addressed where persons are not scattered.  Feelings may have better expression where made visible amongst friends and sympathetic listeners who defer to the Spirit of Truth, love, joy, peace, kindness, goodness, patience, endurance and gentleness. 

God knows whats best though He does certainly, I believe, put us through the experience of isolating fear of aloneness and abject powerlessness.

Gallenwalsh, I appreciate your observation causing deeper reflection on the topic you raised.

Arc

Joel

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 07:31:34 AM »

I like Ray's statement about the salt of the earth being scattered, Also there must have been times in the wilderness, when John the baptist eating locust and wild honey, felt like a loner also.

Joel

Kat

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 12:02:28 PM »

I think it is a human tendency to look to and rely on another physical human being over the invisible. When we come out of the church and find those around us do not understand us and our new found beliefs we feel alone. This in turn causes us to seek out what we realize brought us to these beliefs in the first place, God. I believe that this separation from other believers may be a means to bring us to reliance on and a close relationship with the one upon whom we depend for all things. As we develop a strong trust and confidence in God, then I believe He often will bring someone into our life that we can talk to and if not share our beliefs at least will listen to us. My daughter is that for me now, though she is not seeking the truth she is very receptive to it and listens to me when I need someone to talk to. Just wanted to give my perspective on this.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Cypress

• I <3 jj81
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2010, 06:12:42 PM »

Can someone point me to Rays article on this topic? I was thinking about this the other day, since this verse was thrown at my mom recently by a family member.
Elaine

Kat

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2010, 07:38:42 PM »

Hi Cypress,

There is a section 'Not Forsaking the Assembling of Ourselves Together' in article #11 'The Depth of Satan -- Who is Antipas?' at this link  http://bible-truths.com/lake11.html

mercy, peace and love
Kat

aqrinc

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2010, 06:24:50 PM »

Here is a previous thread that may help with this question.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,10832.msg93597/topicseen.html#msg93597

george :).

Samson

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2010, 07:15:08 PM »

I think it is a human tendency to look to and rely on another physical human being over the invisible. When we come out of the church and find those around us do not understand us and our new found beliefs we feel alone. This in turn causes us to seek out what we realize brought us to these beliefs in the first place, God. I believe that this separation from other believers may be a means to bring us to reliance on and a close relationship with the one upon whom we depend for all things. As we develop a strong trust and confidence in God, then I believe He often will bring someone into our life that we can talk to and if not share our beliefs at least will listen to us. My daughter is that for me now, though she is not seeking the truth she is very receptive to it and listens to me when I need someone to talk to. Just wanted to give my perspective on this.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Thanks Kat,

The above is so True, we might feel alone with a desire to have someone to talk to, as in the case with Your Daughter, even if the Person is just a sounding board. It's more of a Lesson and training for Me to curtail my desire to preach, at least the basic beliefs of Universal Reconciliation, especially when most don't want to hear it or don't care to hear it. Originally, when viewing this thread, I just wanted to draw attention to the fact that we had this type of thread more than once since 2006 and quote a good response from the past and paste it, but then I saw your Post, it rings true for me too. My Wife will listen to me make reference to something Ray said and I regularly have phone conversations with John Popovich, sometimes with Marques and sometimes with Joe Hillsbororiver.

I don't know why people create a limitation regarding Hebrews. 10:23,24 in that it has to mean some type of Gathering or Assembly that requires a building with a large group. At this Forum We incite others to Love and fine works by Our Posts and various Threads. Also where there are two or three gathered in my name, my spirit is in their midst. Also there is the Conference, Emailing, sometimes Facebook, Antaiwan and I are having an exchange of encouraging words discussing some of Ray's Transcripts. Some of you Newer members might want to view some of the older General Discussion Threads for more responses of this nature regarding the above Scripture from Hebrews.

Kind Regards, Samson.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 12:21:38 AM by Samson »

Cypress

• I <3 jj81
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2010, 09:51:08 PM »

Hi Cypress,

There is a section 'Not Forsaking the Assembling of Ourselves Together' in article #11 'The Depth of Satan -- Who is Antipas?' at this link  http://bible-truths.com/lake11.html

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Thanks  :).
Elaine

gmik

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2010, 12:50:17 PM »

I cut/pasted the teaching part of this thread and e mailed it to several of my friends who "go to church" and always use this scripture on me.Well.....

so far only 4 have responded.

1.  Thank God...I knew there was more to it
2nd. Where do you get this stuff??
3rd..Come to church w/ me this sunday, it will do ya good
4. What does this really mean?

aaarrrggghhhh......You really see how God has to Lead someone cuz they sure don't get it on their own!!!  so 1 out of 4.  Oh well.  I will let you know if I get anymore responses.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2010, 12:56:15 PM »

my friends who "go to church" and always use this scripture on me

Jonathan Livingstone Seagull ~ Did you ever read the book G.

To some it is given to fly high and to others....well....it is just not given...This too is for our training in our walk in the Spirit that is not literal and invisible... :)...so that our faith and hope might be in God.1 Peter 1 : 21

I think one out of four is excellent :D. My research is zero out of, not one or two,  but zero every time! :D

I am happy to be away from the squabbling, fighting and yelling over a fish or two that get caught in the nets of tithe and free will...

Arc
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 01:41:02 PM by Arcturus »

cjwood

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2010, 03:29:16 AM »

Jonathan Livingstone Seagull ~ Did you ever read the book G.

that was one of my favoritest books when i was a teen-ager. i loved the sayings.

claudia

gmik

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2010, 01:47:55 PM »

I did read that book..back in the day!  I will have to read it again.  Thanks for the tip.  BTW, no one else has replied. ~oh well~
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 24 queries.