bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Water bearer?  (Read 28469 times)

orion77

Water bearer?
« on: June 29, 2006, 11:16:13 PM »

Here is a few verses that seem to speak of something hidden, wonder if any of you can help?

(Mar 14:12)  And on the first day of the Unleavened Bread, when they killed the Passover, His disciples said to Him, Where do You desire that going we may prepare that You may eat the Passover?

(Mar 14:13)  And He sent two of His disciples, and said to them, Go into the city. And you will meet a man carrying a pitcher of water. Follow him.

(Mar 14:14)  And wherever he goes in, say to the housemaster, The Teacher says, Where is the guest room where I may eat the Passover with My disciples?

(Mar 14:15)  And he will show you a large upper room, having been spread and made ready. Prepare for us there.

(Mar 14:16)  And His disciples went out and came into the city and found it as He told them. And they prepared the Passover.

Kind of strange how they made ready for the Passover, wonder if there is anything symbolic with the man carrying a pitcher of water?  Must be something here.   ???

God bless,

Gary

prarrydog

Re: Water bearer?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 12:21:54 AM »

Wow, those verses weren't there yesterday.  Definitely something symbolic there.  Not sure what yet.  Will keep searching.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 12:25:17 AM »

lol i'm blind and deaf to this, haha.

Sorry i'm not help but God grant you insight to see what is hidden here because it definatly has not been granted to me, atleast not now that is.

God bless,

Alex

rocky

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 01:35:51 AM »

Here is a few verses that seem to speak of something hidden, wonder if any of you can help?

(Mar 14:12)  And on the first day of the Unleavened Bread, when they killed the Passover, His disciples said to Him, Where do You desire that going we may prepare that You may eat the Passover?

(Mar 14:13)  And He sent two of His disciples, and said to them, Go into the city. And you will meet a man carrying a pitcher of water. Follow him.

(Mar 14:14)  And wherever he goes in, say to the housemaster, The Teacher says, Where is the guest room where I may eat the Passover with My disciples?

(Mar 14:15)  And he will show you a large upper room, having been spread and made ready. Prepare for us there.

(Mar 14:16)  And His disciples went out and came into the city and found it as He told them. And they prepared the Passover.

Kind of strange how they made ready for the Passover, wonder if there is anything symbolic with the man carrying a pitcher of water?  Must be something here.   ???

God bless,

Gary

Hi Gary, this is pretty scattered and not real solid thinking, but thot I'd throw it out there, it might bring on further discussion.  Thinking this has something to do with moving from old to new covenant. 

Prepare is also used here

Mat 3:3  For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Isaiah, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

The law is our tutor, preparing the way for Christ. 

Then there is about eating the passover, makes me think of this:

Joh 6:53  Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

Carry hear also means to bear or bearing.  makes me think of bearing one's cross.

Luk 14:27  And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

Carrying the pitcher of water, makes me think of Jesus first miracle turning water into wine.  Representative of old versus new covenant.  Wonder if the water, represents the law, which prepares us (our tutor)  for eating the passover (eating of Him)??

I dont' know, just some thots. 

mercie

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 08:10:37 AM »

God bless,

Gary

Water pitcher? A container used to hold water normally carried at the shoulder.

To Drink from the water pitcher ?

Heres some connections.

Jhn 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water

Jhn 4:10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.  
 Jhn 4:11 The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that living water? 

Jhn 4:12 Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle? 

Jhn 4:13 Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: 

Jhn 4:14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

Noitce the pitcher was held at the Shoulder!

Gen 24:42 And I came this day unto the well, and said, O LORD God of my master Abraham, if now thou do prosper my way which I go: 

Gen 24:43 Behold, I stand by the well of water; and it shall come to pass, that when the virgin cometh forth to draw [water], and I say to her, Give me, I pray thee, a little water of thy pitcher to drink; 

ALL DO DRINK FROM THE PITCHER?
 Gen 24:44 And she say to me, Both drink thou, and I will also draw for thy camels: [let] the same [be] the woman whom the LORD hath appointed out for my master's son. 

Gen 24:45 And before I had done speaking in mine heart, behold, Rebekah came forth with her pitcher on her shoulder; and she went down unto the well, and drew [water]: and I said unto her, Let me drink, I pray thee. 

Gen 24:46 And she made haste, and let down her pitcher from her [shoulder], and said, Drink, and I will give thy camels drink also: so I drank, and she made the camels drink also.

HIS Government to be burderned on the
shoulder

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

More connections

They Brake their Pitchers? the LIVING water that enters the Earth, Trumpets (the Lords voice) lamps which carry oil?

Jdg 7:19 So Gideon, and the hundred men that [were] with him, came unto the outside of the camp in the beginning of the middle watch; and they had but newly set the watch: and they blew the trumpets, and brake the pitchers that [were] in their hands. 

Jdg 7:20 And the three companies blew the trumpets, and brake the pitchers, and held the lamps in their left hands, and the trumpets in their right hands to blow [withal]: and they cried, The sword of the LORD, and of Gideon.

The man  Carried the pitcher of water   ?  the TWO Apostles [ bear witness]    were TOLD to FOLLOW?

Mat 4:19 And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.

Christ the   "PITCHER" who fills the earth with LIVING water.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 08:27:23 AM by mercie »

Chris R

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 08:39:26 AM »

Hello,

One cannot Carry "living" water in a Pitcher. The only thing amazing about this story, is Christ Knew that this man was carring a pitcher of water, and he Knew WERE this man was going to go.

I see nothing in these verses that "symbolize" the living water.

Chris R

Daniel

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2006, 10:04:09 AM »

Great post Gary, and great insight Rocky and Mercie, amen.

Chris, have you considered that understanding is the wellspring of life and the Son of God is come to give us this understanding? Thats within ourselves. Afterall it wells up in our inmost being unto "eternal (or whichever word one chooses to use) life", and thats to "Know God".

That would be as a treasure in an earthen vessel. It also can be seen as one who is poured out as a drink offering. These having this indescrible gift within them (if only the woman at the well knew of).

HE is the fountain of living water and the drink to our souls and we are given one Spirit to drink.

Both the "lamb" (they eat) and "the living water" (they drink) are in the midst (the throne) where He feeds and cares for them.

Does seem to have validation here, yes He knows those that are His and knows their comings and their goings.

Peace

Daniel
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 10:07:36 AM by Daniel »

orion77

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2006, 10:49:18 AM »

Thanks everybody for the input.  At first, when reading those verses, it's true to the glory of God that He would know of these things before they took place.  Yet, also there could also be some hidden manna there in these words and actions.

Follow the one who gives out the Living Water,  8)  Definetly the kind of water we would want to partake of.  Very interesting connections, gives deeper meaning to His words in those verses.  Thanks.

God bless,

Gary

rocky

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2006, 11:19:27 AM »

Proverbs 25:2 says, It is the glory of God to conceal a thing, but the glory of kings to search out a thing.  :)

Daniel

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2006, 11:23:37 AM »

Thanks everybody for the input.  At first, when reading those verses, it's true to the glory of God that He would know of these things before they took place.  Yet, also there could also be some hidden manna there in these words and actions.

Follow the one who gives out the Living Water,  8)  Definetly the kind of water we would want to partake of.  Very interesting connections, gives deeper meaning to His words in those verses.  Thanks.

God bless,

Gary

Amen Gary,

In following those who have the living water or understanding its to follow their "example" not them as Paul needed to rebuke them for, for all the wrong reasons.

Notice its not being a follower of men except to the point where their example and life exemplify that which speaks of their example, or behavior as they follow in the footsteps of Christ.

2Thes 3:7 For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you;

2Thes 3:8 Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us.

1Cr 4:16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

1Cr 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

Phil 3:17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.

Interesting that the Lord puts it that way. You can find it speaking after their example in the right light. As Paul said, "watch your doctrine and your life" in that regard, in thhat those approved do become evident as God bears them witness, He sure does. Never mattered whether WE confess angels or not, but that HE confess YOU before THEM.

Peace

Daniel

Chris R

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2006, 09:45:43 PM »

Great post Gary, and great insight Rocky and Mercie, amen.

Chris, have you considered that understanding is the wellspring of life and the Son of God is come to give us this understanding? Thats within ourselves. Afterall it wells up in our inmost being unto "eternal (or whichever word one chooses to use) life", and thats to "Know God".

That would be as a treasure in an earthen vessel. It also can be seen as one who is poured out as a drink offering. These having this indescrible gift within them (if only the woman at the well knew of).

HE is the fountain of living water and the drink to our souls and we are given one Spirit to drink.

Both the "lamb" (they eat) and "the living water" (they drink) are in the midst (the throne) where He feeds and cares for them.

Does seem to have validation here, yes He knows those that are His and knows their comings and their goings.

Peace

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

No i never thought of that verse that way, and ..to be honest the living waters in which you speak of have nothing to do with this man carrying water to a place were Christ forenew.

These are physical acts, not spiritual acts, this man  did not "spiritually" carry "spiritual" water, into a spiritual place, were then Christ had passover with his disciples. The scriptures are clear concerning just what the living waters are, there is no need to "hide" this message in a man carrying a pot of water.

But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. john 4:14.

Were do we get this water? [I SHALL GIVE HIM] What is this water? [THE SPIRIT OF GOD] is this water merely carried about in a pot? If so why is this water "in us" and not "on us".?

Yes it is true we must compare spiritual things with spiritual things, all scriptures are for our admonition and while i believe there is a lesson in this verse, it is certainly not a lesson about the "living waters of Christ"

This message is but one more lesson in the miraculous knowledge of the goings and comings of all men.
 It is the same message given to the women at the well,

The woman answered and said, I have no husband. Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said, I have no husband:   For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly Jhn 4:17-18

So tell me...were are these spiritual living waters in this miraculous knowledge that Christ had concerning this women at the well?

No doubt you will find 3 or 4 verses that have "five husbands" in them, and spin it into a spiritual lesson also.

Chris R

Chris R

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2006, 09:55:36 PM »

God bless,

Gary

Amen Gary,

In following those who have the living water or understanding its to follow their "example" not them as Paul needed to rebuke them for, for all the wrong reasons.

Notice its not being a follower of men except to the point where their example and life exemplify that which speaks of their example, or behavior as they follow in the footsteps of Christ.

2Thes 3:7 For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you;

2Thes 3:8 Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us.

Phil 3:17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.

Interesting that the Lord puts it that way. You can find it speaking after their example in the right light. As Paul said, "watch your doctrine and your life" in that regard, in thhat those approved do become evident as God bears them witness, He sure does. Never mattered whether WE confess angels or not, but that HE confess YOU before THEM.

Peace

Daniel

Daniel

God confesses US before ANGELS? perhaps i am misunderstanding you?

Know ye not that WE shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?  1Cr 6:3

Who is the "WE" in this verse?

Chris R

prarrydog

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2006, 10:06:58 PM »

Chris R

You said:  "These are physical acts, not spiritual acts, this man  did not "spiritually" carry "spiritual" water, into a spiritual place, were then Christ had passover with his disciples. The scriptures are clear concerning just what the living waters are, there is no need to "hide" this message in a man carrying a pot of water. "

Was it spiritual manna that fell from the sky?  No, it was physical manna with a spiritual message.  If you think that these physical stories are simply physical stories then we are all just reading a history book.  

Joh 6:63  It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

I am not saying that this is about living waters but I am saying that there is a spiritual message for us...here and now.

Chris R

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2006, 10:14:53 PM »

Yes prarydog,

I believe there is a spiritual lesson in all scripture, but non the less I dont beleive the mentioned scripture is about "living waters" that is if you beleive this man did not "literally" carry water in the pot at all?

Chris R
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 10:17:07 PM by Chris R »

Daniel

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2006, 10:19:38 PM »

God bless,

Gary

Amen Gary,

Peace

Daniel

Daniel

God confesses US before ANGELS? perhaps i am misunderstanding you?

Know ye not that WE shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?  1Cr 6:3

Who is the "WE" in this verse?

Chris R

Chris,

I was speaking on concerning worthless confessions while missing the picture

Acts 23:8 For the Sadducees say that there is no resurrection, neither angel, nor spirit: but the Pharisees confess both.

Luke 12:8 Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God:

Gotta go in a whole other direction on the other verse you just shared, and because we might have a difference in our seeing these things I would rather withold sharing on that Chris.

As for the above post, please take as you see it, if a pitcher be a pitcher, let a pitcher be a pitcher. No big deal.

Peace

Daniel

Chris R

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2006, 10:36:20 PM »

Hi Daniel,

And I say to you, Every one -- whoever may confess with me before men, the Son of Man also shall confess with him before the messengers of God,

To confess "WITH HIM... before the messengers of God.

The word Confess: [homologeo] "to say the same thing as another" The same act of both..Christ and those who confess Christ among men.

Chris R.

rocky

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2006, 10:45:37 PM »

No doubt you will find 3 or 4 verses that have "five husbands" in them, and spin it into a spiritual lesson also.

Chris R

Sounds like the O'Reilly Factor, "no spin zone".   :)

Daniel

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2006, 11:22:33 PM »

Hi Daniel,

And I say to you, Every one -- whoever may confess with me before men, the Son of Man also shall confess with him before the messengers of God,

To confess "WITH HIM... before the messengers of God.

The word Confess: [homologeo] "to say the same thing as another" The same act of both..Christ and those who confess Christ among men.

Chris R.

Obviously to CONFESS WITH HIM Chris.

What point do you think I missed other then a word "with" that is obvious? The same word also means not to deny

Titus 1:16 They PROFESS that they know God; but IN WORKS DENY HIM being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

One can DENY HIM by their WORKS, so SAYING "LORD, when did we SEE YOU"? (Not DOING) Came down to the what YOU DID unto the "least of these my brethren, you did (or did not do) unto me".

When I was a STRANGER,

entertain strangers for doing so some have entertained ANGELS unawares (WHEN did we SEE YOU?)... And you received me (Paul said) as an ANGEL as Christ Himself.

Then again, the rest is just as I see it

Peace

Daniel

« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 11:24:29 PM by Daniel »

Chris R

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2006, 12:03:16 AM »

Daniel,

Perhaps this may be obvious to you, but to some reading these posts, perhaps not.

I'm at a lost as to exactly your meaning of these scriptures, but thought at least, a small explanation was in order.

The thread was concerning a pot of water carried by a unknown man, and were he entered in.
To which my reply was did this man literally carry a pot of water, and did he enter in a literal place?

To which you replied : Chris, have you considered that understanding is the wellspring of life and the Son of God is come to give us this understanding? Thats within ourselves. Afterall it wells up in our inmost being unto "eternal (or whichever word one chooses to use) life", and thats to "Know God".

What is "within ourselves"

And,  who can "know God" [Rom 11:33] O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable [are] his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

Chris R

orion77

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2006, 12:36:12 AM »

We are to compare spiritual with spiritual, when we take some scripture and compare it to the physical alone, we can miss some deeper meaning.  This is the whole purpose of this thread.

When we take the words that Jesus spoke in Mark 14: 12-16 and only see the physical attributes of these verses, which I admit are great, we miss the spiritual comparison.  It is a very grand and great thing to acknowledge our Lord in seeing these things in advance, and they come true physically.  Wow, we say, that is beautiful, tis our Lord.  Yet, we know that our Lord is the Alpha and Omega, knowing the beginning from the end, so we no longer see Him after the flesh and carnal or physical miracles.  The truth is much deeper than what we see or hear with our eyes and ears, it goes into the spiritual reality, which far exceeds the physical.

There is no need to bring up scripture after scripture to give one a clear understanding of these things.  Although it can be done, but the Spirit testifies to our spirit.  

When we get past what we physically see and hear, and truly not see any man in the flesh, we can not be deceived into listening to our own fleshly mind, desires and wisdom, then the Spirit comes reality, which the spiritual reality is where we will live anyway in the future.  This is what separates us from the majority.

He said, we shall do greater works than He did.  To the carnal mind, how is this possible?  But, to the Spiritually minded, His words are true.  There is alot more to the miracles Jesus did than just to see the physical aspects.  All the prophets and what they said and did are for our ensample.  Christ life itself is for our ensample, even more so.  Healing the sick, changing water into wine, forgiving sins, raising the dead, etc., are grand and great things, yet they speak of even greater Spiritual things than what is on top.  Surely we can see this.

God creating man in His image, sending His own Son to suffer in our stead, showing us the Way, the right way to treat our fellow brethren and sisters, is far more miraculous than any physical miracle He ever did.  Now, us seeing and knowing of these things, to turn around and love our neighbors as He loves us is even more miraculous.  This is what it is all about, we either see it or not.  Still, no matter what we believe, His will be done.

God bless,

Gary
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 17 queries.