bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Water bearer?  (Read 29096 times)

Chris R

Re: Water bearer?
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2006, 12:53:23 AM »

We are to compare spiritual with spiritual, when we take some scripture and compare it to the physical alone, we can miss some deeper meaning.  This is the whole purpose of this thread.

When we take the words that Jesus spoke in Mark 14: 12-16 and only see the physical attributes of these verses, which I admit are great, we miss the spiritual comparison.  
Gary

Hello Gary,

Thankyou for your heartfelt post, i am sincere when i say that while i believe the whole of scripture has a spirtual message, I have in this instance missed the "spiritual lesson" in Mark 14: 12-16

I'll be quiet for awhile and allow you to explain it to me.

Thanks

Chris R

orion77

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2006, 01:19:38 AM »

Hello Chris R,

This is why, I asked this question in this thread.  I am not totally sure of the spiritual aspects of these verses.  I am only hoping to learn from others.  Yet, we are told to not see Him after the flesh anymore, so it's no big deal that He can tell two of His disciples to go to the city and find a man carrying a pitcher of water and to follow him, and so on and on as the verses state.

Even though to many, these are great things that should not be questioned.  They glorify God.  Yes, they do, but by the specific things that Jesus told His disciples that they would find, these words take on a greater spiritual meaning than what physically happened as He said they would. 

This to me, is easy to see, but I am not sure what they imply, hence the question.  There are many things I have overlooked in the past, and I am sure there are many things overlooked even now.  I simply do not want to put myself in a state of mind where that is it, especially when it comes to the truth in our Christ.  We see in part, grow from faith to faith, and I wish not to hinder the Spirit with my own mind.  These are the ideas we came out of, so we can grow and learn.

I can not fully explain these verses to you, except to say there must be more than meets the eye.  That is all.

God bless,

Gary

mercie

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2006, 04:37:25 AM »

Gary.

This thread has moved on since i read it last.
as I see things Rocky  touched on the purpose of the Water pitcher , as Christ Turned water to wine at the Wedding, I can see a connection of through his Blood we become righteous Born anew in him

As Chris R mentioned, was This Man a Holder of LIVING water , the answer would be No.

We understand that Shadows are not the reality .

I just threw in those additional Connections as I can see Christ as the TRUE water Piticher who LETS DOWN living water to those who thirst.

Let down can be seen as the Living word being given.

ieGenesis 11:7 - 
Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

Trying to keep posts short and give food for thought in such few words can be confusing.

At times cant win for trying  ???

Chris R

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2006, 09:01:16 AM »

Gary.

as I see things Rocky  touched on the purpose of the Water pitcher , as Christ Turned water to wine at the Wedding, I can see a connection of through his Blood we become righteous Born anew in him

As Chris R mentioned, was This Man a Holder of LIVING water , the answer would be No.

I just threw in those additional Connections as I can see Christ as the TRUE water Piticher who LETS DOWN living water to those who thirst.

Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

Trying to keep posts short and give food for thought in such few words can be confusing.

Hi Mercie,

It is true that Christ gives us living waters, i just fail to see this in the verses mentioned. If the entire chapter is read, there are mountains of "spiritual" truths within. The miracles of Christ and his knowledge of the commings and goings of all men, are in itself the spiritual message in these few verses.

Chris R

Mickyd

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2006, 07:43:22 PM »

Hmm...this is one of the better threads to come around lately. Much to think about...

mercie

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2006, 02:02:53 PM »

Gary.

Hi Mercie,

It is true that Christ gives us living waters, i just fail to see this in the verses mentioned. If the entire chapter is read, there are mountains of "spiritual" truths within. The miracles of Christ and his knowledge of the commings and goings of all men, are in itself the spiritual message in these few verses.

Chris R
Hi Chris R.
 yes, One is Not disputing that the water bearer in This chapter is " livingWater " .

YellowStone

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2006, 12:36:50 AM »

I'm joining this thread a little late, but maybe I can offer a different line of thought.

Mar 14:13
  • And He sent two of His disciples, and said to them, Go into the city. And you will meet a man carrying a pitcher of water. Follow him.

Unless I am grossly mistaken, was not water carrying (in the physical sense) a woman's job and not that of a man? If this is true, then would not have the two disciples have easily identified the "man"? So, then would it not also fit that Jesus had made prior arrangements with the owner of the house?

I do see a spiritual parallel here. That Jesus considered he himself as a water carrier goes without question.

Jhn 4:10
  • Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

So too, has not Jesus not beseeched God the Father and prepared in advance the way for us?

The question is, who is the water carrier in the spiritual sense. Not a literal water carrier, but someone or something that stands out from the crowd.

I have my own thoughts on this, but I know we all came to this Bible-Truths site and forum for a reason.  :)

Much love to you all.

YellowStone
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 12:38:40 AM by YellowStone »

Chris R

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2006, 09:10:06 AM »

Hi Yellowstone,

Is there living waters in the pitcher? obviously not... does this verse have a spiritual lesson concerning the living water, How so?

There are many verses that speak of the living waters that Christ gives, none of these verses hide the the living water in a pitcher, why is this?

If all that is ever written in the scriptures concerning water is meaning living waters, what a confusing contradictory book it would be. as we would then have to apply living waters to over 600 scriptures?

This is why Christ told the women ,But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst;

Did Christ himself need living water?...."After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst." [ john 19:28] what spiritual lesson is to be observed in Christs words, concerning  "I thirst" is it "living waters" the he needed,  is it not Christ himself that Gives us living waters?

Is it so impossible for us to beleive the Son of God could know exactly when and were this man carrying a pot of water would be, at the exact time his disciples came into the city? Does Christ need a prior arrangement?

if so, i dont see it written, and therfore cannot speculate.

Christ plainly told his followers that "I Am The Way" [Jhn 14:6] He didnt hide this message in a man carrying a pitcher of water, why would he?

I'm confused as to why so many wish to make a pitcher of water, a Spiritual lesson of the "living waters".
When these spiritual waters are stated in other scriptures NOT as drinking water at all!

But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst... this is the spiritual lesson concerning "living waters".

Peace

Chris R

YellowStone

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2006, 09:34:57 AM »

Good morning Chris, I gave this a lot of thought since my first post and I agree that there is no reference, real or implied to living waters. So I will repost my message with the reference removed.

Repost - For Clarity
======================================================

Mar 14:13 - And He sent two of His disciples, and said to them, Go into the city. And you will meet a man carrying a pitcher of water. Follow him.

Unless I am grossly mistaken, was not water carrying (in the physical sense) a woman's job and not that of a man? If this is true, then would not have the two disciples have easily identified the "man"? So, then would it not also fit that Jesus had made prior arrangements with the owner of the house?

So too, has not Jesus not beseeched God the Father and prepared in advance the way (place) for us?

The question is, who is the water carrier in the spiritual sense. Not a literal water carrier, but someone or something that stands out from the crowd.

I have my own thoughts on this, but I know we all came to this Bible-Truths site and forum for a reason. 
======================================================

Chris, does this make my point a little clearer. It was not my intent to inflame or upset and for this I apologize.

God is love,

Yellowstone

mercie

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2006, 09:38:09 AM »

Chris

Jhn 7:37 In the last day, that great [day] of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
Jhn 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

No Biggy.

we KNOW Christ is The living Water.

As im sure you know Similtudes run through out scripture .

As the layers reveal themselves we learn more of the spiritual lessons within

Take Lazurus and the Rich man, how many consider this A  parable.?

Ihave no problem whatso ever in seeing Christ as a Spiriitual TYPE of Pitcher who lets down His living water for those who wish to drink.

Sgs 4:15 A fountain of gardens, a well of living waters, and streams from Lebanon

Jer 17:13 O LORD, the hope of Israel, all that forsake thee shall be ashamed, [and] they that depart from me shall be written in the earth, because they have forsaken the LORD, the fountain of living waters.

Christ spirit which Is the wellspring of Understanding.

Pro 16:22 Understanding [is] a wellspring of life unto him that hath it: but the instruction of fools [is] folly.

Pro 18:4 The words of a man's mouth [are as] deep waters, [and] the wellspring of wisdom [as] a flowing brook.

1) spring, fountain

a) spring

1) of source of life, joy, purification (fig.)

b) of the eye (fig.)

c) source (of menstruous blood)

d) flow (of blood after child birth

As Daniel  breifly mentioned , welling up within unto eternal Life.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2006, 10:06:27 AM »

mercie, are you saying it isn't?

Joe

mercie

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2006, 10:10:34 AM »

mercie, are you saying it isn't?

Joe

Not at all Joe ;)The tongue that needs water to cool down.?

The Rich man sure came to understand this

Pro 18:21 Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

rocky

« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2006, 10:24:45 AM »

Hi Yellowstone,

There are many verses that speak of the living waters that Christ gives, none of these verses hide the the living water in a pitcher, why is this?

Christ plainly told his followers that "I Am The Way" [Jhn 14:6] He didnt hide this message in a man carrying a pitcher of water, why would he?

Peace

Chris R

Hi Chris, something to consider; Christ's living water is conceiled, and opened up only to those he chooses.  Everything in it's own order.  Even talks about this in the John 4 verses re: living water.

Joh 4:10  Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2006, 10:33:55 AM »

Ray's article on Lazarus & the Rich man was a real eye opener for me, especially when it was explained who the "Rich man" represents;

(From Lazarus & the Rich man)

THE RICH MAN IDENTIFIED

There is only one man who Scripturally fits all the descriptions of the "rich man" in this parable. Only one person who "personifies" all of the symbols and identifying clues given of this rich man. And that man is:

"JUDAH !"

But not just Judah as an historical individual, but collectively. All Israel under the headship of Judah, the Jews. And the Jews were "rich."

It is an incredible paper;

http://bible-truths.com/lazarus.html

rocky

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2006, 10:40:29 AM »

(Mar 14:13)  And He sent two of His disciples, and said to them, Go into the city. And you will meet a man carrying a pitcher of water. Follow him.

Why two disciples, why not three, four, or only one??

Why the words "follow him".  Have we seen those words before?  "follow me and i'll make you fishers of men"

Why into the city???  Where have we seen city used before???  Rev. 21 onward, "Holy City", Jerusalem from above????

Rev 22:14  Blessed are they that do his commandments (follow him), that they may have right to the tree of life (living water??), and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Makes me think of God's chosen (two out of 12 desciples, two witnesses, to follow Him), following Him with water????  

The water was in jars.  jars made of clay???  Christ at that time still in the flesh??  Water soon to be spilled out in the resurrection???

Just some thots.  

mercie

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2006, 10:46:52 AM »

Ray's article on Lazarus & the Rich man was a real eye opener for me, especially when it was explained who the "Rich man" represents;

(From Lazarus & the Rich man)

THE RICH MAN IDENTIFIED

There is only one man who Scripturally fits all the descriptions of the "rich man" in this parable. Only one person who "personifies" all of the symbols and identifying clues given of this rich man. And that man is:

"JUDAH !"

But not just Judah as an historical individual, but collectively. All Israel under the headship of Judah, the Jews. And the Jews were "rich."

It is an incredible paper;

http://bible-truths.com/lazarus.html

It is a Good Joe.

Those who sit in Moses Seat.

mercie

« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2006, 01:23:12 PM »

(Mar 14:13)  And He sent two of His disciples, and said to them, Go into the city. And you will meet a man carrying a pitcher of water. Follow him.

Why two disciples, why not three, four, or only one??

Why the words "follow him".  Have we seen those words before?  "follow me and i'll make you fishers of men"

Why into the city???  Where have we seen city used before???  Rev. 21 onward, "Holy City", Jerusalem from above????

Rev 22:14  Blessed are they that do his commandments (follow him), that they may have right to the tree of life (living water??), and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Makes me think of God's chosen (two out of 12 desciples, two witnesses, to follow Him), following Him with water????  

The water was in jars.  jars made of clay???  Christ at that time still in the flesh??  Water soon to be spilled out in the resurrection???

Just some thots.  

Rocky

A  few Scriptures to consider.

John 4:10 If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

The Lord knoweth them that are his.

Mark 14:13 Go ye into the city, and there shall meet you a man bearing a pitcher of water: follow him.

Acts 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

Ephes 3:2If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

2Cr 9:15 Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.

Prov 17:8 A gift is as a precious stone in the eyes of him that hath it: whithersoever it turneth, it prospereth.

2Cr 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

Ephes 4:7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ

Prov 25:25 As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country.

YellowStone

« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2006, 01:57:48 PM »

Hi Yellowstone,  Hi Chris  :)
Is there living waters in the pitcher? obviously not... does this verse have a spiritual lesson concerning the living water, How so?

You are of course correct. I thought of this (posting something earlier to this effect) and realized that my reference of "living waters" did or does not pertain to Mark 14:13. I do not see this as a parable teaching. Am I wrong?

Possibly because they apply and this case they do not :)

If all that is ever written in the scriptures concerning water is meaning living waters, what a confusing contradictory book it would be. as we would then have to apply living waters to over 600 scriptures?

This is why Christ told the women ,But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst;

Did Christ himself need living water?...."After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst." [ john 19:28] what spiritual lesson is to be observed in Christs words, concerning  "I thirst" is it "living waters" the he needed,  is it not Christ himself that Gives us living waters?

Your question is of course referring to Christ needing "spiritual" waters, which of course he did not. He was however, hanging on a cross and having lost a lot of blood. He was thirsty for "physical" life giving water. No question about it. :)

Is it so impossible for us to beleive the Son of God could know exactly when and were this man carrying a pot of water would be, at the exact time his disciples came into the city? Does Christ need a prior arrangement?

Chris, I was following you fine until this part. Of course it is not impossible, who would be foolish enough to ever think such a thing. BUT, Jesus Christ on this earth was a man. Are you suggesting that he could not have made arrangements as a man?

if so, i dont see it written, and therfore cannot speculate.

Very good point, does it matter? My point was Jesus may have made prior arrangements with the owner in "advance" in much the same way as he has spiritually to our God and Father, for his brothers and sisters.

Chris, I feel a lot of antagonism. :(

Please believe me it was not my intent. I did not say that Christ hid his message in a pitcher of water. All I said was that there was something of a parallel between the physical and spiritual events.

I'm confused as to why so many wish to make a pitcher of water, a Spiritual lesson of the "living waters".
When these spiritual waters are stated in other scriptures NOT as drinking water at all!

Chris, these are your words and not mine :)

But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst... this is the spiritual lesson concerning "living waters".

Amen :)

Peace

In closing, I wish to state that my original post was not an attack on you or anyone else in this forum.

Once again, I apologize for anything I might have said, for clearly you seen something in my post that was not intended.

May God grant us all an abundance of love, peace and understanding.

Friends,

Yellowstone

mannonthecross

« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2006, 02:17:35 PM »

Chris

Jhn 7:37 In the last day, that great [day] of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
Jhn 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

we KNOW Christ is The living Water.

Ihave no problem whatso ever in seeing Christ as a Spiriitual TYPE of Pitcher who lets down His living water for those who wish to drink.

Amen!

Literally, if someone is thirsty, he is given a drink of water poured from a pitcher (or faucet, or fountain, etc). Spiritually, Christ is the drink offering being poured out of Himself, by Himself (Pitcher & Man carrying Pitcher of Water).

We know that Water is equated to the life-giving power of redemption & when we drink from Christ, we become His wells of salvation. Is 12:3 "With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation."

Follow him...the him is actually Him = Christ. Follow Him, including acts of love & kindness, just as someone [Beloved?] from another thread gave Owen a bicycle seat.

As He pours out, we fill up & we pour out to others (not redemption, but looking like Jesus, acting like Jesus & doing the things that Jesus did & greater things, which is actually the grace of God)!

Did I get off the track somehow here?

What is the Truth? (I can handle it  :D)
Marianne

Oops! It was JesusOnly, not Beloved who made a new friend of Owen. :-[

« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 02:19:45 PM by mannonthecross »

Daniel

« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2006, 02:55:46 PM »

Amen Mannonthecross!!!

Often REFRESHING the SAINTS !!!!

Darn... the phone (laughing)

Great stuff!

Peace

Daniel
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 20 queries.