bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Water bearer?  (Read 28439 times)

orion77

Re: Water bearer?
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2006, 03:23:54 PM »

This thread has really taken off.  Good posts here.

The article Ray wrote about Lazarus and the Rich man, is a perfect example how God has concealed or hidden things from those of the world.  I agree Joe, this was an eye opener for me, also.

(Psa 51:6)  Behold, You desire truth in the inward parts; and in the hidden parts You teach me wisdom.

(Isa 45:3)  And I will give you the treasures of darkness, even treasures in secret places, that you may know that I am Jehovah, who calls you by your name, the God of Israel.

(1Co 2:6)  But we speak wisdom among the perfect, but not the wisdom of this age, nor of the rulers of this age, those being brought to nothing.

(1Co 2:7)  But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, having been hidden, which God predetermined before the ages for our glory,

(Pro 25:2)  The glory of God is to conceal a thing, but the glory of kings is to search out a matter.

This is why, when Mark 14: 12-16, Jesus telling two disciples they would find a man carrying a pitcher of water, to follow him, and ask the goodman of the house, and a large upper room is ready.  Whether Jesus beforehand had it set up, or through a miracle, by Him knowing beforehand, what will take place, what is the reason for these things?  When we compare spiritual with spiritual, something must be here.  When we compare the physical with the spiritual, all we can see is Him knowing what will take place and give God the glory.  This is good, yet we know all things of God are not out there for all to see.  If that was so, they never would have crucified Christ.

I appreciate all the posts, have learned much here.  It is always good to find some buried treasure, keeps things interesting and growing.  Definetly takes alot of work to produce a good garden, and well worth it come harvest time.

God bless,

Gary

YellowStone

« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2006, 04:20:54 PM »

Gary,

I will try to align my thoughts a litte better :)

We all know that no one comes to the Father except through Jesus Christ. We also know that God has a handle on everthing.

Mat 6:26
  • Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

Is it beyond comprehension that as Jesus cares for his loved ones spiritually, so he would likewise care for them physically. This is the parallel I was trying to make.

Does this not strengthen Christ's love for his brothers and sisters.

Mat 6:33
  • But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. 

Gosh, Jesus cared enough for his beloved that he arranged for a place for them to stay. How much more will he do for us spiritually.

With love,

Yellowstone

rocky

« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2006, 04:31:56 PM »

Gary,

Gosh, Jesus cared enough for his beloved that he arranged for a place for them to stay. How much more will he do for us spiritually.

With love,

Yellowstone

thinking of preparing a place for them, reminded me of this verse

Jhn 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if [it were] not [so], I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 

mercie

« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2006, 04:36:05 PM »

Chris

Jhn 7:37 In the last day, that great [day] of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
Jhn 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

we KNOW Christ is The living Water.

Ihave no problem whatso ever in seeing Christ as a Spiriitual TYPE of Pitcher who lets down His living water for those who wish to drink.

Amen!

Literally, if someone is thirsty, he is given a drink of water poured from a pitcher (or faucet, or fountain, etc). Spiritually, Christ is the drink offering being poured out of Himself, by Himself (Pitcher & Man carrying Pitcher of Water).

We know that Water is equated to the life-giving power of redemption & when we drink from Christ, we become His wells of salvation. Is 12:3 "With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation."

Follow him...the him is actually Him = Christ. Follow Him, including acts of love & kindness, just as someone [Beloved?] from another thread gave Owen a bicycle seat.

As He pours out, we fill up & we pour out to others (not redemption, but looking like Jesus, acting like Jesus & doing the things that Jesus did & greater things, which is actually the grace of God)!

Did I get off the track somehow here?

What is the Truth? (I can handle it  :D)
Marianne

Oops! It was JesusOnly, not Beloved who made a new friend of Owen. :-[

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Chris R

« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2006, 08:34:31 AM »

Hello,

Sorry i did not get back to all the replies in the thread, As with my work schedule i cannot possibly reply every single day.

I'm sure we have covered about all the aspects of this question, And i'm sure those have formed their opinons on what they believe... Time to move on

Peace

Chris R

mercie

« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2006, 08:39:42 AM »

Hello,

Sorry i did not get back to all the replies in the thread, As with my work schedule i cannot possibly reply every single day.

I'm sure we have covered about all the aspects of this question, And i'm sure those have formed their opinons on what they believe... Time to move on

Peace

Chris R

Thank you for the Update Chris.

We have all come to a conclusion on what we believe in this thread.

As you say time to move on.

Peace

Chris R

« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2006, 10:33:48 AM »

Hello all,

Since i did not know exactly how to answer this question, I did e-mail Ray..
This is his responce

Thankyou

Chris R

Dear Chris And Craig,

I was never asked this one before.  The Pitcher of Water is not a
parable,
neither does it represent Christ, nor the Holy Spirit.

Jesus already knew where they would eat the Passover, however, His
disciples
didn't.  And so Jesus tells them how they can be easily led to the
proper
room. He tells them that a man (if indeed it was man rather than a
woman, as
the Greek merely means a 'person') carring a pitcher of water.  I
rather
believe that most translators render it correctly as "man," and here is
why.

Carrying water to the house was traditionally always a woman's job. The
sign
of a man carrying a pitcher of water would have been unusual.  But when
a
man with a pitcher of water met the disciples, surely they had the
right man
that Jesus described.  But why the pitcher of water?  Did it have some
spiritual significance above that of being a sign to the disciples?  Or
rather, did it not maybe just have a practical significance?  Do we
ever see
or have reference to this pitcher of water again?  Yes we do.

"Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into His hands, and
that
He was come from God, and went to God; He rises from supper, and laid
aside
His garments; and took a towel, and girded Himself.  After that He
poured
WATER [from a PITCHER] into a bason, and began to wash the disciples
feet...."  (John 13:3-5).

Sometimes we fail to see the trees for the forest.

God be with you all, Ray
>
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.