bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Diomedes???  (Read 5121 times)

stormcrowfleet

Diomedes???
« on: August 04, 2010, 05:05:34 AM »

Just wondering who is this Diomedes??? that Ray references in the Nashville conf 2008

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8385.0.html

thanks you all  :)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 05:40:10 PM by Craig »

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Diomedes???
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 08:38:03 AM »

Diomedes or Diomed (Greek: Διομήδης, Diomēdēs; English translation: "God-like cunning" or "advised by Zeus") is a hero in Greek mythology, mostly known for his participation in the Trojan War. He was born to Tydeus and Deipyle and later became King of Argos, succeeding his maternal grandfather, Adrastus. In Homer's 'Iliad' Diomedes is regarded alongside Ajax as one of the second-best warriors of all the Achaeans. His paternal uncle Heracles and his close companion Odysseus are the favoured heroes of Athena. In Virgil's 'Aeneid' he is one of the warriors who entered the Trojan Horse shortly before the sack of Troy.

According to some, Diomedes ruled Argos for more than five years and brought much wealth and stability to the city during his time. He was a skilled politician and was greatly respected by other rulers. He still kept an eye on Calydonian politics (his father’s homeland), and when the sons of Agrius (led by Thersites) put Oeneus (Diomedes’ grandfather) in jail and their own father on the throne, Diomedes decided to restore the throne to Oeneus.
Diomedes is known primarily for his participation in the Trojan War.
Ref Wikepedia

I have no idea if this is the Diomedes that Ray refers to. Perhaps someone else can verify?

Arc

gmik

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 08:19:52 PM »

Very interesting tho!! I checked out the link and couldn't find the name.. could you use it in context or tell me where it is?  Curious now cuz I was at that conference and don't remember anything about him.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 05:40:38 PM by Craig »

Kat

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 09:43:25 PM »

Thanks for the question, I have been searching the internet and trying to find where this name 'Diomedes' (which was the best that I could figure it sounded like), to find how it fit with what Ray was talking about. When I do the transcripts I have to do searches to find the right names of who Ray is speaking about, usually I can find the actual quote. Well though this did sound like the name Ray stated, through my searching I have actually found the right name and the link where Ray got these quotes. The name was 'Maimonides' not 'Diomedes.' Here is the link with the quotes http://www.thereitetimes.com/notes/notes/sbigbang.html

Sorry for the mistake, but at least it is corrected now.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 05:41:09 PM by Craig »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 04:33:20 AM »

thanks Kat!  :D The Trojan war did sound to be off base with Ray's teaching! ;D

Good catch

Arc
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 05:41:26 PM by Craig »

gmik

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 12:44:51 PM »

Excellent Link!  Thanks for hunting Kat.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 17 queries.