bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any Dexter fans here?  (Read 7823 times)

Shawn Fainn

Any Dexter fans here?
« on: August 05, 2010, 01:43:29 PM »

It's a guilty pleasure, I admit, but I'm really looking forward to this coming season. Also pumped about the release of Season 4 on DVD the 17th of this month; John Lithgow was excellent!!

daywalker

Re: Any Dexter fans here?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 01:52:38 PM »

It's a guilty pleasure, I admit, but I'm really looking forward to this coming season. Also pumped about the release of Season 4 on DVD the 17th of this month; John Lithgow was excellent!!

Dexter fan here.  :D

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 05:37:00 PM »

Awesome. Glad i'm not alone on this one :)

I often laugh at the fact that I'm watching a show about a 'good' serial-killer, and then find myself rooting for him.

Ironic, huh?

jassy

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 07:49:06 AM »

With you as well shawn.

It appealed to the  macabre side of my personality even though parts of it were way over the top,

Lithgow was incredible in it. Could not equate this man with Third rock from the sun.  My favourite scene was where Dexter was having breakfast with his girlfriend.
Cant remember how the conversation went but she said something like " hope they catch this bay killer and give him the lethal injection" and then turns to Dexter and says brightly " Have a wonderday day darling"
The internal dialogue of Dexter says dryly. "make up your mind"

onelovedread

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 09:51:21 PM »

It's going to be hard without Rita, thanks to Arthur, the "Trinity Killer." I have watched every single episode and am looking forward to Season 5.
Onelovedread

darren

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 03:37:15 AM »

Been watching from the beginning. Last season's ending was a trip. Never expected Rita to go out that way. Whooo man Dexter is going to really go off.

Darren

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 02:21:09 PM »

I've watched a few Dexters, maybe two years ago or so. Not familiar with the recent episodes.

My problem is that it bothers my conscience to find myself agreeing with a serial killer who takes JUSTICE into his own hands. Justice is God's prerogative and we can begin to think that vengeance is ours rather than His.

It also gives me a queasy stomach to know that he reduces the bodies to hamburger to hide the evidence. Is that the act of a sane person?

I suppose that I'm from an earlier era and just don't comprehend.

indidna Bob

Stacey

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 11:01:31 PM »

My wife and I both are Dexter fans.

Is that the act of a sane person?

Absolutely....not but, it is the act of a crafty serial killer.  :)
Stacey

daywalker

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 08:02:28 PM »

Yes, Shawn, "irony" is definitely a good word for this show. It's a real 'brain-scrambler'; that's why I enjoy it so much--every episode has left me 'pondering' hours, sometimes even days afterward... My wife is convinced that Rita isn't really dead, but that Dexter was dreaming or something... Lol... guess we'll see.

Daywalker  8)

onelovedread

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 03:58:58 AM »

As much as I enjoy the show, if I knew a Dexter in "real life" I would not be a fan of his. Vengeance is mine says the Lord. And even though Dexter goes after those who have done evil, it's not for him to appoint himself as judge, jury and executioner. To me it's great entertainment, very intelligent, with great acting. Dexter's sister Deb needs to have someone clean out her mouth with strong soap and water! (lol)

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 01:47:41 PM »

Jassy: Yeah, the internal dialogue is one of the best aspects of the show. Without it, it'd be hard to sympathize with Dexter for sure.

Onelovedread: I'm going to miss Rita as well. I've been a fan of Julie Benz waay back since Angel/Buffy. She's got a new show coming out soon though. Honestly, I think I miss Sgt. Doakes the most so far.

Darren: I agree with ya. It's definitely going to be interesting to see how this coming season starts.

Bob: I understand how you feel. It's not a show for everyone. I guess I'm just used to the more gross stuff from growing up on so many horror movies.

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2010, 01:44:22 PM »

Stacey: Definitely crafty. Seems his character spends more time avoiding trouble than causing it. Lol.

Daywalker: I was wondering the same thing.. If it had been a dream or not. Then I saw an interview with Julie saying she was definitely gone from the show. Will be an interesting change in Dexter's character without her there.

Onelovedread: Does Deb have the worst mouth for a chick or what? She's grown on me though; both her character and as an actress. Did you realize that she and Michael C Hall were married in real life also?

stormcrowfleet

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2010, 06:06:50 AM »

my fave show ever. The sister has a foul mouth (big heart though) otherwise it's written brilliantly.

onelovedread

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2010, 06:21:11 PM »

Is it me, or is Dexter not very exciting so far? I keep waiting for things to get going ... What do you guys think?

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2010, 09:10:00 PM »

i LOVE THE DEXTER SERIES xD!!
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

onelovedread

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2011, 03:44:49 PM »

I am surprised that none of my fellow "Dexter" fans has commented on this season which has mutiple references to the book of Revelation. This year's Doomsday Killer has taken a REALLY literal interpretation of the scriptures - to new heights. Colin Hanks and Ed Olnos have made sure that this season is right up there with previous ones. And of course Deb has not yet cleaned out her mouth:)

Gina

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2011, 03:55:52 PM »

I'm not a Dexter fan, but my friend is a huge fan. 

There's a waiter at the Seasons 52 restaurant at South Coast Plaza who I thought looked like one of my bosses, but he told me many people tell him he looks like Dexter.  So, I'm taking my friend there to see him so she can go ga-ga over him.  She said she's gonna joke with him when he takes her order:

"I like my meat.... bloodyyyy..."

hehe

JohnMichael

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2011, 04:27:31 PM »

I also love Dexter (and The Walking Dead). With Dexter, I find myself putting myself in check. I get so wrapped up in Dexter not getting caught that I have to remind myself, "Wait a minute! He's still a serial killer." It's a very twisted and dark show, but it's so good. Definitely a guilty pleasure.

John

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2012, 07:59:03 PM »

Hey Onelovedread. Just started watching this season. I think i'm on episode 6 or so. You're right about the Revelations plot. It's intersting to watch knowing what we know here. But i can't help but wonder what other 'Christians' think.. It's so over the top literal hopefully they'd see how crazy it can be to follow that path.

Morten

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2012, 06:28:19 PM »

Agree, Dexter is one of my favorite series (cant wait for season 7, because of the last episode of season 6 ;) ). John micheal the walking dead is awesome:) You should start watching Homeland, very interest.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.