bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mark 14:25  (Read 4906 times)

gallenwalsh

mark 14:25
« on: August 05, 2010, 11:12:42 PM »

Can someone expound what Christ is talking about here? Is it literally wine or something else?

Deborah-Leigh

Re: mark 14:25
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 07:23:23 AM »

Hello gallenwalsh

Is it literally wine….?

From what I understand, Jesus says that the words He speaks are Spirit and Truth so for me, no, it cannot be that Jesus is referring to a literal vine, or physical fruit and wine, or even a literal time, but a "process" that is something spiritual for each one of us individually and specifically. We know that Jesus Christ is the Vine and we are the branches and the fruit of His Spirit that we bear, if we abide in Him, are those fruits of love, joy, peace, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, patience and endurance. To understand,  accept and apply, spiritual fits only with spiritual  not literal to spiritual or spiritual to literal. That would be to put old with new or like mixing calk with cheese.  :D

As I understand, The Kingdom of God “within’ could only happen when there was a death and subsequent inheritance that Christ Jesus came to fulfill and share with us. Just as Pentecost could only occur when Jesus went away to return as the Holy Spirit, only then could the conversion within begin. Ray expounds this aspect well in his writings.

As I believe, The Kingdom of God is still at hand and for some, it is “within”, wherein Jesus Christ the Vine, produces the fruit of His Spirit by which we are known if we abide in Him. No one can abide in Him unless God first drags us to Him and causes us by His Spirit to dwell in Him. The Kingdom of God is within only when and as God makes it so which until then, it remains at hand. No one can convert themselves without the Spirit of God.

The kingdom of God is at hand for many and only as God appoints, do little by little, individual by individual come to faith in experience to believe it is within and in so abiding in the gift of His Spirit, bear much fruit. Until then and after then, God controls all and everything.

I appreciate your question that provided the prompting to consider spiritual with spiritual and research the meaning as Jesus inspired in recognition and thanks for the Work of God and His Spirit. For some Christ has already returned and for others He is still on His way. :) that too is the Work of God in progress.

Arc
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 07:28:39 AM by Arcturus »

Kat

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 11:20:14 AM »

Mark 14:23  Then He took the cup, and when He had given thanks He gave it to them, and they all drank from it.
v. 24  And He said to them, "This is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many.
v. 25  Assuredly, I say to you, I will no longer drink of the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new in the kingdom of God."

At that point in time Jesus had not been sacrificed and they were still under the 'old' covenant. The wine that they were given to drink 'represented' His blood that was to be shed and would bring an end to the old covenant. His resurrection would herald in the 'new' covenant, which was very soon to being accomplished.

When Jesus said "I will no longer drink of the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it NEW in the kingdom of God," He was speaking of the new covenant. They were about to go out and be scattered away from Him and He would be sacrificed. The next time they would be with Him is under the 'new' covenant, the beginning.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

CEO

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 03:28:10 PM »

Kat and Debbie

I am very pleased you are posting.  You keep this forum at a high and practical level.

Askseeknock

Charles

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 03:31:40 PM »

How wonderful that you experience that which is spiritual as “practical” Charles.  8)

Blessings to you :)

gallenwalsh

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 07:06:14 PM »

You have my wheels turning now,...could it also mean: the reconciliation ? Jesus being the vine, we being the fruit, the harvest.The finished work of his hands ? Sounds good to me, but what do I know ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 16 queries.