bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Overflowing Compassion  (Read 4219 times)

anniej

Overflowing Compassion
« on: August 06, 2010, 06:51:56 PM »

Since I've learned the truth about the non-existence of hell, I have had overflowing compassion and love for others that is indescribable.  I'm praising God today for opening my eyes and for leading me to this site and into fellowship with the few who have come to understand what being a follower of Christ really means.

Rainbow wishes, everyone!
Annie

Dawidos

Re: Overflowing Compassion
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 06:56:42 PM »

God bless you sister

Knowing that there is no hell allow us to look at people in a more positive way. We just know all will learn of their sins and wrong doings, feel remorse for them, repent and be saved. :)

Fester

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Yes a pancake!
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 12:41:35 AM »

Yup ... to Hell with Hell !
"Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."

jassy

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 08:11:40 AM »

Yes, how strange that when Hell is seen as a possibility the attitude towards so called sinners is hard and cold. Yet those who realise Hell does not exist are kjnder, more loving and compassionate.

You think it would be the other way round. Enough proof in itself that Hell is a heretical teaching.

I think I realised subconsciously in 97 that something was wrong when I went to my bible study just after Princess Diane died.
I made the statement to the group " Isn't it sad about Diane?"  The chorus of answers came floating back." Yes, but was she saved?"  I was speechless, and think I muttered something to the tune of " How the heck would I know, I'm not God" and never went back.   

Linny

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 04:53:37 PM »

I think believing in hell makes us hard and cold for several reasons.
One is that people like to belong to an exclusive group. Hell allows you to be in the heaven crowd which is obviously better and since you also believe that you are freely choosing it, unlike the "dummies" choosing hell, it makes you even more proud of yourself.
Secondly, I think the idea of hell is so completely horrifying that it is easier to joke about it than really leave your comfort zone and try to save people from it.

I, too, am much more loving and compassionate towards people. I am so much more tolerant as well. I think the loss of the free will concept has also played a huge role in this.
I have lost a lot of my self-importance which comes with being a member of the church club...

Lin

Felix

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 05:48:02 PM »

Our pastor once said that people would be screaming out your name in hell because you didn't witness
to them. Talk about a guilt trip. This caused me a lot of guilt because someone might go to hell because
of me. Freedom from guilt is a wonderful thing.

On the other side of that, look how important a person would be who kept someone out of hell.
Ridiculous!

indianabob

Re: Overflowing Compassion (Janine)
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 08:18:46 PM »

Dear Janine,

Just remember that God can make even your enemies to love you and that includes members of your own family. So, keep on praying for that blessing, it may come when God is ready.
And also remember that all of these folks are coming up in a resurrection in which God may give them memories of all that you tried to do for them, before they could appreciate it or understand.

Nothing is too hard for God.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 19 queries.