bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Iam that I am  (Read 5430 times)

gallenwalsh

Iam that I am
« on: August 06, 2010, 07:23:45 PM »

I have been doing some studying off line and looking up some of the translations in original Hebrew. Interestingly enough language is an incredible hurdle to overcome and there are rendered a few translations. One of the possibilities rendered was that statement meaning: I will become, what you need.It fits if you think about Christ becoming a man , and becoming the sacrifice that was needed, and sharing in our experience here on earth. Just thought I would share that. Open for comments.

anniej

Re: Iam that I am
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 07:46:00 PM »

Reading your post, the Tower of Babel immediately came to mind.  In the many layers of meaning in that story, perhaps God was pointing out that one of our greatest barriers to understanding His truths is language itself.  This is why "hearing" and "seeing" things from a spiritual perspective is so important. 

That being said, I believe your keen insight about Christ becoming what we need, etc. is truly seeing it with spiritual eyes and is right on the mark.

Annie

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Iam that I am
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 12:45:46 PM »

This came to mind:

Psa 18:25  With the merciful thou wilt show thyself merciful; with an upright man thou wilt show thyself upright;
Psa 18:26  With the pure thou wilt show thyself pure; and with the froward thou wilt contend.

God is still creating us in His Image. I do not think God has completed this Work yet.

I don't know if Jesus Christ having "become" the sacrifice or having "become" man, makes Him more than He was before? I know He emptied Himself to become human as we are yet I still believe He was unlike us in that He is pre-eminently, the Son of God, and we are still being made into His, Image from the beginning.

Your post is thoughtful and very "becoming". :)

Arc
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 12:48:12 PM by Arcturus »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 17 queries.