bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help re creation of man  (Read 4013 times)

HoneyLamb56

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Help re creation of man
« on: August 07, 2010, 01:34:17 AM »

Can someone please tell me what the audio or discussion links are to the creation of male/female to explain the account in Genesis 1:27 "in the image of God he created them male and female" versus Genesis 2:22 where he takes the rib from Adam to make Adam a companion after everything was done?

Kat

Re: Help re creation of man
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 11:28:39 AM »

Hi HoneyLamb,

Here is an excerpt and transcript link to the 06 conference 'The Father's Will.' 

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php?topic=3720.0 ---------

He had to name them then and after he named all 6000 species, guess what?  There was no one for Adam, there was no one for him.  Can’t you see the longing here, over a long period of time?  I think it was at least years.  He didn’t have a mate, he looked for one and even God admitted that it was not good for man to continue forever without a mate.  I’ll make him one, but not today.  Now, then He says but there was none found for him.

Gen 2:21  So the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and while he slept took one of his ribs and closed up its place with flesh.
v. 22  And the rib that the LORD God had taken from the man he made into a woman and brought her to the man.

So we’re told God took a "rib" and closed it back up and made a woman out of the rib.  Now He then said, wake up Adam I’ve got something for you.  He wakes up Adam and He brings him the woman, Eve.

Gen 2:23  Then the man said, "This at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man."

Is that what he said?  Would you like to know what the Hebrew says? 
v
v
The woman is in the image of God.  God didn’t make man and then make woman out of the side or image of man.  No, it plainly says;

Gen 1:27  “So God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.”

Female is created in the image of God.  There is female in God.  God is female just as much as God is male.  Where did He get the idea of femininity?  It’s in Him, it’s a part of Him.
v
v
So we read over here that the female came out from God.  That’s where it originated, God is female just as much as He is male and now He creates the man, and the man has no female counterpart.  The animals do, he doesn’t.  But he longed for it and God admits he shouldn’t be alone like this.  I’ve got to make him a mate, but not today.  I’m saying it was years later. 

So He takes something out of Adam (notice He didn’t make the woman out of the dust of the ground), He took something out of Adam to make the female.  We’re told it was a rib.  I think we’re told wrong.

So God finally makes Adam a woman and He brings her to him and he says, “This is bone of my bone and flesh of my flesh…”  How did he know that?  How could he look at the woman and say hmm, let me see here... there is one missing, Lord there is one missing did you take my rib and make that woman for me?  Do you think that’s what happened?  He looked at her and instantly knew. 

But that’s not what he said, he didn’t say, “This is bone of my bone,”  Here is what he said, I’ll give you the translation from James Moffet.  He looked at her and said, “this AT LAST is bone of my bone!”  Why did he say at last?  Did he say, 'I’ve been dying to have a mate for over an hour?'  That is nonsense.  Adam went for years without a mate, he was tilling the garden, he was taking care of the garden and he was naming all the animals, and who knows what else he was doing.  But now he said “AT LAST!”  where it says, “this is now,” that word ‘now’ means, at last finally someone for me.

The New World Translation say, “This is at last bone of my bone.”

The New American Version says, “This one at last is bone of my bone.”

The New Revised Standard Version says, “This at last is bone of my bone.”

The Living Bible says and I like this one, “This is it!”

She is part of my own bones and flesh, "this is it," Adam exclaimed.  So first of all he was excited.  I mean what a beauty, I mean come on all for me.  But it was at least... you know he waited a long time, finally after all these years, finally someone for me.
-------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 22 queries.