bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thank you  (Read 5032 times)

optimiss

Thank you
« on: August 09, 2010, 04:05:06 AM »

Thank you  for letting me join this forum.

I wouldn't be able to remember thanking this site if I hadn't felt sad about what's happening in our family now because of the belief that there is no hell. I can't believe why hell is more important than the fact that we did not turn our back from our faith in Jesus Christ as the savior of all.

My sister who is married have the same faith but her husband doesn't want to believe; it was a long argument and then we stop convincing him and now his blaming my father (who first introduce us the truth) for ruining everything, family and their marriage ??? He even told my sister that we should get out of the church where we are into right now and look for one that has the belief that he thinks only our family has. My sister told me that they had another argument and  I wouldn't believe the insults her husband hurled on her and on us. To be fair her husband is a nice guy, a god-fearing man, leads a bible study, and adored Charles Stanley; and just before that, I also felt something like am not sure if insulted or what when I posted something on a social networking some of Rey's writings and my other(another one) brother-in-law lovingly commented that I should be careful in what I have been reading, etc., etc.; and like the first bro-in-law I mentioned he is also nice, so on and so fort. At first I felt like I need approval (re truth)from people whom I know have good reputation, intelligent, and are close to God but then I thought I just want that so I could say to myself "see you are right  because these guys who have a lot to say about Christianity and better than you agreed in what you believe in" and that would strengthen my faith? Not at all!

When I first realized the truth I was overwhelmed with so much joy in my heart, joy that I never felt in my entire Christian life, realizing how great our GOD is! Now I am sad, why is that :'(? It could have been more convenient if I sticked to what I used to believe in or just kept my mouth shut...but I can not turn my back on the truth now. May God remind me to be humble and remember 1 Cor.13 and Hebrews 12:1-3, stick to these verses and avoid conflict (maybe, maybe not). This is just the beginning of my journey. Again to the administrators of BTF Thank you.

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Thank you
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 02:17:39 PM »

Now I am sad, why is that ?

Hi optimises

I believe we can all empathise with your feelings.

It does hurt because to us it is given to know the Truth and to them, our families and friends it is not given yet. This makes us feel alone, isolated and sad which is part of the process of coming to depend on God for all our needs, emotionally, physically and spiritually. 

This is how we learn to have patience and endurance through His Spirit that leads us to His Life, Love, Joy, Peace, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness through His Mercy and Grace.

Arc

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 07:19:26 PM »

Welcome to the Forum optimiss. You are not alone. :)

Arc

YellowStone

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 07:57:24 PM »

Hi optimises,

Welcome to the forum. Do not be discouraged. You were simply looking for the 'Truth' because the so called truth you were being fed did not taste right. I know many devout christians that claim every baby including abortions and young children will never know the grace of God because they did "not know" Jesus Christ.

The obvious question is "what grace?" Where is the perfect Love in that? These questions will often go over like a lead ballon, but one has to first question one own beliefs before being able to fully grasp another.

There are many spiritual wise people on this forum and I am sure we will both learn much together.

Love and Peace,
Darren

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 07:58:30 PM »

Hi.  You've stepped off into the deep end of the pool.  You're not under any obligation to 'convert' your brother-in-law, but you've also seen how little deep fellowship there is between those who worship a sovereign God and those who have other ideas.  It's not easy to come to terms with, even if one is not experiencing the turmoil that you are currently.  Be thankful you have some of your own family believing.  Many (if not most) of us can't say that.  You are nourishing the right attitude in remembering the Scripture you referenced.  Let GOD do the judging, including the judging He is doing in you now.

Hang in there.    
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

iris

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 01:53:47 AM »

Hi Optimiss, welcome to the forum!

Iris

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 11:00:56 AM »

I can definitely relate with you Optimiss.

As soon as I started learning the truths from Ray's site, I went immediately to other family members and tried to share it with them. Didn't go over well...

I'm very thankful that we have this forum to share with each other as well, since most of my family (like Dave mentioned) do not share my beliefs.

cherokee

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 10:12:00 PM »

Hey Optimiss,

Welcome to the forum.

Blessings,
Suzie

optimiss

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 11:18:28 PM »

To all of you guys:

I can feel the warmth in here, thank you for welcoming me and I really appreciate all of your encouragements I am so much relieved. It’s a big help to know that there are people like you who can relate to what I’m talking about.

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 09:17:43 AM »

When I first realized the truth I was overwhelmed with so much joy in my heart, joy that I never felt in my entire Christian life, realizing how great our GOD is! Now I am sad, why is that, It could have been more convenient if I sticked to what I used to believe in or just kept my mouth shut...but I can not turn my back on the truth now.

That is one of the most amazing things to me.  You would think that believers would be glad and rejoice exceedingly to learn the truth about just how loving and gracious that our Father is!!  But the lesson of the prodigal is lost upon the church as a whole...unless you subscribe to the same subset of Babylon (confusion) that they belong to.  The fear of hell is so ingrained in people that they think it to be blasphemous to even consider that the Christian hell doesn't exist and so they won't even consider it.  It truly is a miracle for God to open our eyes to this truth.  But, it's a work of God.  He illuminates whom He will when He will and not us.  The old saying that there is no wrath like a woman scorned is supplanted by 'there is no wrath like a Christian showed the truth.'  Welcome to our fellowship.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.