bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Take Heart - God Is Working With Our Loved Ones!  (Read 2992 times)

anniej

Take Heart - God Is Working With Our Loved Ones!
« on: August 10, 2010, 09:31:04 PM »

I've been asking the Lord to help my beloved husband come to understand the truth about Hell, corrupt bibles, etc.  He's having a very hard time with it, as most Christians do.  At first, I was getting frustrated about that.  But I soon realized the God is in control and I should not allow my desire for my husband to be in spiritual harmony with me an idol of the heart.

So here is the result:  My husband received a phone call yesterday from a local resident (an older gentleman) at the newspaper where he is the editor.  The man accidentally called the WRONG newspaper to make a complaint.  After he rants and raves, my husband politely tells him that he has the wrong place.

Instead of apologizing and hanging up, the man goes into a tirade about how nothing is perfect in this world but one thing.  He begins to goad my husband saying "What's the only thing that is perfect in this world? C'mon, tell me?  What is it?"

My husband, who is now completely fed up says, "Why don't you tell me?"  So the guy says, "The only thing perfect in this world is the word "perfect.  Don't you agree?"

Finally, hubby says, "Actually, the only thing perfect in this world is God."  As he was telling me this tale, I felt the Holy Spirit so strongly and I knew that the Lord was confirming to my husband that He indeed is perfect and we, all men, are made perfect in and through Him.  I pointed this out to my husband and he was very quiet.  And I have no doubt in my mind that he knows the Lord is opening a door for him to have a true circumcision of the heart.

God is AMAZING!!!

Samson

Re: Take Heart - God Is Working With Our Loved Ones!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 11:06:04 PM »

Thanks Annie,

I copied and pasted a comment Your Husband made from Your Post, it sounds like a response I might make and I found it humorous, You might want to give Your Husband credit for maintaining His composure and displaying a measure of tolerance in that situation(just a suggestion).

My husband, who is now completely fed up says, "Why don't you tell me?"  So the guy says, "The only thing perfect in this world is the word "perfect.  Don't you agree?"
;D ;)(specifically: " Why don't you tell me.")

EKnight

Re: Take Heart - God Is Working With Our Loved Ones!
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 09:27:16 PM »

Oh Yes.  The Lord works in the most mysterious ways. That's a lesson I've learned first hand.

Eileen
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 21 queries.