bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Short and informal Bible Study August 21, 2010 in Phenix City, Alabama  (Read 25267 times)

Kat

Re: Short and informal Bible Study August 21, 2010 in Phenix City, Alabama
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2010, 10:01:53 PM »

I will not be attending, but I ask everybody to pray that Ray is feeling better for the Bible study. He said in a email that he was having a terrible week and not able to sleep because of severe pain. Please pray!

mercy, peace and love
Kat

soberxp

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2010, 11:30:55 AM »

if somebody go to the bible study,please do me a favour,say hello to Ray.THX

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2010, 02:17:04 PM »

Dear Forum and Believers:
My wife and I are planning to leave in the next hour or two for Phenix City.  We will be conducting
a Bible Conference and discussion Saturday 9:45 till after lunch.  I need to as for you help and
prayer for this Conference.  If it were a week or two from now, rather than tomorrow, I would cancel.
It has been one of my worst weeks in the last two years.  Hospice and my medical doctor have both
insisted that I double my morphine which I have done.  About last Sunday I started feeling pretty bad,
with accompanying severe pains.  I cannot even raise my arms to comb my hair.  I slept only a few
hours most of the week.  One night not at all.  My wife stayed up with me all night long, and she is
almost in as much pain as I am.  I'm not asking for you to feel sorry for us (well, maybe a little), but really,
what we need is your prayers.  I know that God hears us.  You pray for us, and we'll pray for you.

I feel like what Paul described in I Thes. chapter two. He had a great desire to visit with the Church, but
confesses in Verse 18 that "Satan hindered us."  Just pray for my wife and me, that we can get through
this ordeal and still be effective in bringing more people into the Truth.  Most of the people coming, know
very little about the truths you and I share, but Timothy says that they are eager to learn--especially the
sovereignty of God, and the salvation of all.  I copied and printed about 40 pages of notes (much from my
new paper on "HELL," which I will use to show that none of the major theological doctrines of the Church are
Scriptural:  Heaven, Hell, Immortal soul, Tithing money, Parables, Saved from sin and death, Freewill, Prayer,
Judgment, etc.

I have noticed that my new paper on Hell is beginning to get circulated around the Internet.  Many positive
comments and of course, a few negative comments from the Christians.  There is a lot of material in this
paper.  I hope that all of you will read it several times.

Well, I'm ready to pack the car and go. It's about a five-hour drive.

God be with you all, always--keep the faith!
Ray

Ninny

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2010, 09:41:29 PM »

Dennis, I assume you will be going with Ray...or at least you're keeping tabs on him...I've been very concerned about him doing this study, please let him know that there are many prayers going on his behalf! God will use Ray as usual and those of us who won't go up there for the study will be holding him up in prayer..every time I think about Ray I remember the story of Moses in Exodus 17:12  Moses arms grew too weary to hold up his staff...I think they were in a battle with the Amalekites..while Moses kept his arms raised Israel prevailed, when his arms fell, the enemy prevailed...Aaron and Hur then brought a rock for Moses to sit on and when his arms grew heavy Aaron and Hur held his arms up!   Every time I think of Ray I see this picture in my mind...so we will be Aaron and Hur and WE will hold his arms up in prayer so he will prevail as long as God wills that he do so!!

Please, Dennis give him our love and let him know that we are in his corner!!
Kathy :-*

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2010, 11:22:18 PM »

Dennis, I assume you will be going with Ray...or at least you're keeping tabs on him...I've been very concerned about him doing this study, please let him know that there are many prayers going on his behalf! God will use Ray as usual and those of us who won't go up there for the study will be holding him up in prayer..every time I think about Ray I remember the story of Moses in Exodus 17:12  Moses arms grew too weary to hold up his staff...I think they were in a battle with the Amalekites..while Moses kept his arms raised Israel prevailed, when his arms fell, the enemy prevailed...Aaron and Hur then brought a rock for Moses to sit on and when his arms grew heavy Aaron and Hur held his arms up!   Every time I think of Ray I see this picture in my mind...so we will be Aaron and Hur and WE will hold his arms up in prayer so he will prevail as long as God wills that he do so!!

Please, Dennis give him our love and let him know that we are in his corner!!
Kathy :-*

Good post. I skipped lunch and planned on fasting through dinner and breakfast tomorrow, praying for Ray as well. Least we can do.

Marky Mark

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2010, 12:40:08 PM »

Good post. I skipped lunch and planned on fasting through dinner and breakfast tomorrow, praying for Ray as well. Least we can do.

Some food for thought...Pun intended. 

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2329.0.html

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2260.0.html

Peace...Mark

mharrell08

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2010, 12:46:46 PM »

Hello all:

The study went well yesterday. It was very similar to the study from last year, with a few other subjects talked about as well. I don't believe anyone recorded video or audio, so we won't have anything to post beside pics. I believe Vangie has a few along with whatever copies Ray's wife, Manuella, gives her.

Thank you to Timothy Littleton for organizing the event. Timothy makes every conference and is always helpful with Ray as well as the brethren. And the food was good too!  :D

Everyone was real nice and respectful...even one or two attendees who may not have agreed with Ray's teachings from the scriptures. From what Timothy told us, everyone felt Ray's study was something they had never heard before. If God is opening their understanding, they'll continue to grow in the Truth, so that is comforting.

Marques

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2010, 01:19:58 PM »

Ray said none of the ministers attended. They all backed out.

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2010, 01:27:14 PM »

Thats too bad Dennis...but not surprising.  Hell hath no fury (as it were) than a Christian shown the truth.  God had the people there that needed to be there. 

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2010, 02:52:19 PM »

Ray said none of the ministers attended. They all backed out.

Isa 33:14  The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?
Isa 33:15  He that walketh righteously, and speaketh uprightly; he that despiseth the gain of oppressions, that shaketh his hands from holding of bribes, that stoppeth his ears from hearing of blood, and shutteth his eyes from seeing evil;

Jer 5:14  Wherefore thus saith the LORD God of hosts, Because ye speak this word, behold, I will make My Words in thy mouth fire, and this people wood, and it shall devour them.

Arc

zvezda

« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2010, 03:01:42 PM »

glad it went well, but what topics did ray cover?

mharrell08

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2010, 04:18:30 PM »

glad it went well, but what topics did ray cover?

* Understanding how we got the bible (which was based on his 2007 Conference)

* Body, Spirit, & Soul (an attendee thought 'Jesus body died, but He didn't' instead of simply Jesus dying)

* Believing the scriptures (notes contained an excerpt from Lake of Fire 5)

* Baptism (there is an entire section of email reply from Ray under 'Baptize'

* Tithing (same notes from tithing paper)

* Spurious passages (touched on this list)

* Is Hell literal? (notes contain section from Exposing 23 minutes in hell paper)

* Why the Resurrection is important (mostly pointed out the scriptures from 1 Corinthians chapter 15)

* Explained, in great detail, all the signs, symbols, & metaphors from the book of Revelation & Daniel

Hope this helps,

Marques

P.S. Just kidding about that last one up...  ;D

Marky Mark

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2010, 04:37:11 PM »

P.S. Just kidding about that last one up...   ;D

Hey Marques,if you weren't.....I'm sure there would have been a lot of people here kicking their own behinds with a vengeance.  ;)    :P :o :D

Peace...Mark

Patrick

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2010, 05:54:07 PM »

Quote from: mharrell08

* Explained, in great detail, all the signs, symbols, & metaphors from the book of Revelation & Daniel

Quote from: Marky Mark

Hey Marques,if you weren't.....I'm sure there would have been a lot of people here kicking their own behinds with a vengeance.  ;)    :P :o :D

It sure made my "ears perk up"; figuratively speaking of course!

zvezda

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2010, 10:25:40 PM »

thanks marques!

Quote from: mharrell08

Quote from: Marky Mark

It sure made my "ears perk up"; figuratively speaking of course!

me too  :P

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2010, 11:27:43 PM »

Had a great time getting to meet Ray, Marques, Vangie, Timothy and others. Ray was pretty exhausted, but I pray he finally got some rest post-conference.

Anyway, here's a pic with me and Ray. It's not great (I always seem to close my eyes..), but the only one I had taken with my camera. Hopefully others will have theirs posted soon.

dre91

« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2010, 11:45:09 PM »

i will be praying 4 Ray also.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2010, 05:29:55 AM »

Thank you for that beautiful photo Shawn. It has not been God's Plan for me to ever visit a Conference or Bible study and so to have the photo's means a lot!

Arc

soberxp

« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2010, 07:02:27 AM »

Had a great time getting to meet Ray, Marques, Vangie, Timothy and others. Ray was pretty exhausted, but I pray he finally got some rest post-conference.

Anyway, here's a pic with me and Ray. It's not great (I always seem to close my eyes..), but the only one I had taken with my camera. Hopefully others will have theirs posted soon.

WOW! I never saw Ray befor,but when I was praying for him,somehow I saw an image of him who was teaching at there,amazing!they are the same! god be with you all.

blessing

P.S
 ???is there a diascope?
sorry for my expression.
when I was praying for Ray,somehow an image of him who was teaching at there with a diascope in my mind.but the image of Ray in my mind really same with Ray even the clothes and the table.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 04:15:53 AM by soberxp »

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2010, 10:47:02 AM »

Thank you for that beautiful photo Shawn. It has not been God's Plan for me to ever visit a Conference or Bible study and so to have the photo's means a lot!

Arc

You're welcome. Sorry I couldn't get more, or a video :( 
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 23 queries.