bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Short and informal Bible Study August 21, 2010 in Phenix City, Alabama  (Read 25269 times)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member

Notice: Ray will conduct short and an informal Bible Study for people just coming into the Truth.  It will be held on Saturday, August 21, 2010. It will begin at 9:45 AM until about lunch time or a little later. Ray will cover a plethora of topics and answer questions from the audience.

The Study will be held at the CENTRAL ACTIVITY CENTER located at 1500 14th Street, in Phoenix City, Alabama.  Some local ministers will be attending, so it should be interesting.

After the Study, Lunch will be catered at the Center.

The meeting room is small, so send Ray an email at: L.RAYSMITH@comcast.net  if you are definitely planning to come. We can accommodate only about 50 people.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 02:31:12 AM by Dave in Tenn »

Shawn Fainn

Re: Short and informal Bible Study August 21, 2010 in Phoenix City, Alabama
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 11:29:07 AM »

Is that 'Phenix City' AL (Located near Columbus, GA)? Zip code is 36867 I think.

If so, I definitely will be attending. It's less than a 2 hour drive from my house (In Carrollton, GA). Though, I'm unable to email Ray at this moment since I'm at work (get access to the forum but no email :( )
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 11:32:42 AM by Shawn »

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 11:36:03 AM »

Will the audio or any video be recorded?  Would love to have some new material.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 12:10:42 PM »

Is that 'Phenix City' AL (Located near Columbus, GA)? Zip code is 36867 I think.

If so, I definitely will be attending. It's less than a 2 hour drive from my house (In Carrollton, GA). Though, I'm unable to email Ray at this moment since I'm at work (get access to the forum but no email :( )

Yes it is Phenix. I thought it was a typo and changed it.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 12:14:17 PM »

Will the audio or any video be recorded?  Would love to have some new material.

I don't know yet if I will be able to attend. Maybe someone else will record it if I'm not there.

Samson

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 12:45:52 PM »

Notice: Ray will conduct short and an informal Bible Study for people just coming into the Truth.  It will be held on Saturday, August 21, 2010. It will begin at 9:45 AM until about lunch time or a little later. Ray will cover a plethora of topics and answer questions from the audience.

The Study will be held at the CENTRAL ACTIVITY CENTER located at 1500 14th Street, in Phoenix City, Alabama.  Some local ministers will be attending, so it should be interesting.

After the Study, Lunch will be catered at the Center.

The meeting room is small, so send Ray an email at: L.RAYSMITH@comcast.net  if you are definitely planning to come. We can accommodate only about 50 people.

Thanks Dennis,

Some Local Ministers, indeed that should be interesting, only wish I could attend, too far away for me and not enough of a notice. It certainly would be nice to hear that Audio, maybe someone, if not Dennis could tape it, maybe we will find it on You-Tube, if not at the Site. I wonder if Kat and Marques will be attending. For those of you who will be attending, I'm sure you will be happy you did.

Kind Regards, Samson.

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 01:19:57 PM »

I *may* be able to offer some stand-by flight passes (Buddy Passes) for AirTran Airways (where I work) if anyone is wanting to fly in to Atlanta. The drive from the airport to Phenix City, AL is approximately 2 hrs.

If you're interested, message me (also let me know where you're coming from) and I'll see what I can do.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 01:24:30 PM by Shawn »

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 04:17:19 PM »

This is great news. Ray is able to get out and about again. May God work mightily through him with this opportunity.

Amen to that, Janine. :)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 05:58:11 PM »

Why Phenix City, Alabama?

Ray has a friend there.

Reminder, the seating is limited. You must let Ray know for sure if you are coming.

geokuhns

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2010, 12:58:29 AM »

It would be terrific if a video could be made of the meeting. We have a bible study each month in our area (Pittsburgh area) with as many as 12 people attending. Half do not have a computer and I am able to record and show DVD's of Ray's videos and play them at my house. I need an answer to this prayer.  :-\

chav

Re: Short and informal Bible Study August 21, 2010 in Phenix City, Alabama
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2010, 08:58:25 AM »

Hi
It's great that Ray feels he is able to undertake this bearing in mind his current circumstances. I will be praying both for him and those that will be attending.
Dave

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2010, 04:20:45 PM »

Shawn, bless you. I would love nothing more to come (and I actually am able)  but with such limited seating, I am praying for a huge turnout of ministers. Thank you brother for any assistance you can give to another :) :)
I can't wait to hear how this all works out.

Thanks Janine.

Well, judging from the lack of posts, maybe there's still room :)

I'm heading there possibly with my gf. Her father is a Pastor in Jacksonville, FL area for a non-denominational church. Should be interesting..

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2010, 04:21:56 PM »

It would be terrific if a video could be made of the meeting. We have a bible study each month in our area (Pittsburgh area) with as many as 12 people attending. Half do not have a computer and I am able to record and show DVD's of Ray's videos and play them at my house. I need an answer to this prayer.  :-\

I can't promise anything yet, but I'm checking on getting a video camera. It's an older model, using hi-8 digital tape, though I do have someone that should be able to transfer to a computer format.

My only problem is finding some blank hi-8 digital tapes... Noone seems to be selling them where I'm at.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 04:27:25 PM by Shawn »

dre91

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2010, 10:13:47 PM »

i would luv 2 attend. can someone tell me how far that is from south carolina?

Vangie

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2010, 10:29:25 PM »

I'm so excited -- Ray let me know via email that there would be room for me at this study!  Are there any more members planning on attending?  I look forward to seeing some familiar faces and meeting new ones as well.

Vangie

Ninny

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2010, 10:38:41 PM »

Wow! Cool, Vangie! I'm glad you're going I wish I could go! :)
Kathy ;)

Marlene

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2010, 12:29:41 AM »

I wish I could too, but this is exciting anyways. Looking forwards to hearing a video or something from him.

In His Love,
Marlene

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2010, 01:37:59 PM »

Hi Shawn. You know, I think those attending this would be contacting Ray directly and not necessarily post here.

Yeah, I was hoping maybe we could get a tally of how many would be going (in case there was extra room, if others like yourself wanted to go).

Hey Shawn. Son just sent this link. Hope it is the right thing. Blessings

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Camcorder-Cassettes-Minute-4-Pack/dp/B0000632H2

Thanks! I still haven't gotten the camera yet, so I'm not sure how it will pan out. Hopefully God will make it happen. If not me, then maybe someone else.

acomplishedartis

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2010, 03:01:33 PM »

I am glad these bible study will happen. For the ones that we can't go... Almost any (not old) digital photo camera have a decent video recording option...

SDDiver

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2010, 05:29:16 PM »

That's great news. I'm so glad Ray is feeling well enough to hold a bible study. And like others, I wish I could be there as well.

For those of us who can't make it there in person, it should be possible to set up a conference call with a call-in number and password. There are many choices available for this purpose, we do this all the time at work. It costs money to set this up but I would be most willing to contribute as I'm sure others would too.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 24 queries.