bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reverend Angely. What do you think?  (Read 4825 times)

Arkhetype

Reverend Angely. What do you think?
« on: March 20, 2006, 02:59:12 PM »

I dont know many of you on here. Iam from Ohio and in Akron there is a church that houses a teacher by the name of Ernest Angely. I dont know how many of you are familiar with this name, but I attended this church for a while and I noticed some things that were off.

First off, The church body spoke in tongues and everyone else did as well (except for me) I thought at first it was the right thing to do so I prayed good to show me what was right. A while later I realized that does it not say that in the Bible that if someone is speaking in tongues that another must translate it?

Second, At different times on certain days there was what was called faith healing. This is where he lays hands on you and you are "healed". To see if this was true I went up there. It did not work as I was still with a limp (I took surgery from a Doctor not Ernest to take care of the work, But God still worked through the Doctor to help me) What Iam concerned with is the face of him misleading people by this. If he was such a great healer why is he not going to the hospitals? I realize know if its God's will then life or death be done.

Third. Iam into Hip-Hop, I actually MC and love doing it. At this church they talked of this music being evil. I would ask well cant good make it for good? The response I got was never an answer it was always an aversion to an answer. But they could him-haw it up with country music and thats not used for evil as well. I never understood that. How can they say one thing and the do the same but in a different musical sense.

Fourth and final, I was once told that the reverend was very good and blessed and that he can not decieve. Because he is of God. I asked well cant the Devil pretend to be of God as well and fool the masses. To this they said good question but gave no response as to it being true or not. I always felt something was not right about that church. I dont know maybe Ima being paranoid, but the reality is that I felt it in my heart something was not right. What do you think?

God Bless

Arkhetype

orion77

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 07:56:56 PM »

Hard to really say anything about this preacher, because I don't know him.  I dont look for the outwardly shows that people do to be seen by others.  I no longer attend any church bldg. little bit of truth mixed with lots of rubbish that causes it all to be rubbish.  Not to say there are not good people there, just deceived.  Lot of my family and friends still go to church, good people but try to explain some things to them and they just keep a closed mind and refuse to check things out for themselves.  They would rather live their lives all week and give God a couple of hours on sundays.  

I can see from your post, that God is drawing you, so stay in His word, with an open mind and spirit.  Now that I no longer attend a so-called church building, I must admit that the antics and great shows they put on are hysterical.  All this leads up to the preacher getting more money from their members.  God is perfectly capable of taking care of His true church, the body of Christ.  It's a small lot, scattered and strung all over this globe, full of people who worship Him in spirit and truth.

That is why I am thankful for a forum such as this, where I can fellowship with like minded believers.  An amazing amount of information here.

God bless you

Gary

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 08:06:04 PM »

Welcome Arkhetype, I totally agree with Gary, please take his advice because I also see the Lord  drawing you to Him'

Joe

shibboleth

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 08:21:47 PM »

I am somewhat familiar with Earnest Angley as he was on TV years ago. I remember one time he supposedly had a word of knowledge that the man he was talking to was a cigarette smoker. [ You could see the cigarettes in his breast pocket.] He told the man he had a devil and Earnest "delivered" him from demon tobacco. Why don't they deliver fat people from demon food? They both are simply lusts of the flesh, and can cause much harm if not dealt with.
There's a good book out by James Randi called "Faith Healers." I think it mentions Mr. Angley in there. The book was written in the 1980's so you may have to request it from your library. The book shows how these faith healers really work and why so many people are taken in by their lies. James Randi offers a large sum of money to anyone who can prove a miraculous healing. Noone has ever taken him up on his offer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 20 queries.