bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Message fron Duane  (Read 4143 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Message fron Duane
« on: August 17, 2010, 08:56:17 AM »

No doubt you and others have missed my comments and contributions this last couple weeks as I have been active in the Forum up to that point.
Please tell Kat, Arctura et. al. that I probably won't be back!  9 years ago I suffered a devestating stroke because of stress and an over heavy work involvement.  That instantly retired me as it paralyzed the whole left side of my body.  After years of therapy I got everything back except the left leg from the knee down (but I can walk).

My wife saw that I was getting over excited about politics, news and religion so I agreed to not watch Fox and other news channels, read the newspaper, and religious activities for two weeks to rest my mind and body.  Ray's
material REALLY openend my eyes and I got excited and really "over did" my reading, writing, Forum activitites and prosylatizing (sp) and was "getting stressed and worked up again" pre-stroke.  In order for me NOT to keep up with Forum activities the only way I could keep away from the "addiction" was to remove it from my "favorites" listing.  (My new theology was also causing huge family/friend discord, which didn't help my stress/blood pressure any!)

Being the "administer" of the web-site (so I don't get unwanted indecent materials) she has control over my computer use.  She, not "agreeing" with Ray's teachings, simply used her "parental controls" to remove and BLOCK my access to it!  She is doing it "for my health" and so I don't stray FURTHER from my father's preaching.  Also, she wants to restore family and friends and assue them I'm "O.K. now"!

The only reason I can write and explain this to you is  that she didn't recognize you name!  PLEASE EXPLAIN TO THE ABOVE LISTED WHAT HAPPPENED.

My wife is a loving wife and stuck by me through our loss of literally EVERYTHING when I had a stroke and couldn't work so, though demeaning, this isn't worth getting a divorce over-- as God understands.
(I think I still have plenty of hard copy to mull over, but that may have "disappeared" too.)

Well, "that's my story and I'm stickin' to it"!

In Christ,
Duane

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Message fron Duane
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 09:47:25 AM »

Dear God!...here surely is a man who lays down his life for his wife as You did for Your Church....

Craig....!

I find comfort in this, that who the Lord sets free, IS FREE indeed despite the physical conditions of body and the temporal spiritual bondages of soul....ALL is of God and God will keep, manifest and fulfill His Promises.

Duane's sister Arcturus
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 10:13:42 AM by Arcturus »

soberxp

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 10:41:46 AM »

Also, she wants to restore family and friends and assue them I'm "O.K. now"!

In Christ,
Duane

I'm sure that I understand your situation, indeed. ;D

judith collier

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 04:28:47 PM »

Dear Duane, you have been a blessing. I can understand. Whatever it takes get yourself healthy. We are physical beings too! Many ministers are told to take vacations even though they don't think they need it. Balance like all of God's creation is needed. I admire your loyalty to your wife.
We all have different constitutions (muscles, nerves, strength) add to this different degrees of stress and even the strongest constitution will buckle.  This is a given in the medical world. Yes, God does add to us with what we have but sometimes God says rest! He even climbed in a boat to get away from the crowd. He had anger, He had torment too. Yes, He was Divine but also had Human nature so that we could relate to Him.
love judy

Ninny

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 01:21:41 PM »

Well Craig, tell Duane I am sorry to hear about his troubles...It's terrible that someone else has to control our life! I know we all have differing opinions on his situation...I understand..it is hard, but we all have our own hell to deal with, maybe this is his...please tell him I will be praying for his strength and wisdom.
Kathy :(

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 01:39:49 PM »

Mat 10:34  Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Mat 10:35  For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

Mat 10:36  And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Linny

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 05:32:32 PM »

Craig, if you are passing these on to Duane...
Duane, you are a good husband and your wife obviously loves you very much. I think that if the time comes in your life that you must be more assertive about your Spiritual needs, then God will give you that nudge and you will happily comply. For now, while you are healing, keeping your family in tact and lowering your stress and your wife's stress seems to me to be the logical and most loving thing you can do. Our lives are filled with seasons and it takes discernment to prioritize in these different seasons.

Be Blessed and we hope you will return to us soon. Lin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 24 queries.