bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: I am Christ; and shall deceive many.  (Read 17087 times)

markn902

Re: I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2010, 11:43:02 AM »

oh my goodness i have read over that verse idk how many times and just now got it! I guess I didn't read that particular paper from Ray (or read over/past it most likely) awesome

claypot

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2010, 04:47:05 PM »

I hear ya mark. It totally amazes me how some things can be seen in a whole different light at different times in a person's journey. I so look forward to what's next on the agenda.

Seeing these words of God in this new light has very interesting possibilities.

cp

Terry

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2010, 01:12:12 PM »

Thank you Mark for this post i just love it when God opens our eyes alittle more as we move along on our journey.
Terry
Terry

judith collier

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2010, 09:01:47 PM »

Is there a difference between preaching and teaching? I mean the apostles were preaching right? Isn't that foolishness?  Or were they teaching???? Or were they just relating what they had experienced? They were trying to convert weren't they or just going around telling people the  'good news" ??
Judy

daywalker

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2010, 08:01:58 PM »

Is there a difference between preaching and teaching? I mean the apostles were preaching right? Isn't that foolishness?  Or were they teaching???? Or were they just relating what they had experienced? They were trying to convert weren't they or just going around telling people the  'good news" ??
Judy

Good question! I looked both up on eSword...

G2784
κηρύσσω
kērussō
kay-roos'-so
Of uncertain affinity; to herald (as a public crier), especially divine truth (the gospel): - preach (-er), proclaim, publish.

G1321
διδάσκω
didaskō
did-as'-ko
A prolonged (causative) form of a primary verb δάω daō (to learn); to teach (in the same broad application): - teach.

It seems to me that "preaching" has to do with proclaiming a message [i.e. the message of the Good News Gospel and the coming Kingdom of God/Heaven]; whereas "teaching" is showing someone how to do something--like how to live a godly life, how to worship God, etc.

As far as who can or cannot be our teachers, I look no further than the following Scriptures:

“These things I write to you concerning those who are deceiving you. And the anointing which you obtained from Him is remaining in you, and you have no need that anyone may be teaching you, but as His anointing is teaching you concerning all, and is true, and is no lie, according as it teaches you also, remain in Him.”

- I John 2:26-27, Concordant Literal New Testament

“Though My Lord, should give you bread in short measure and water in scant allowance Yet will thy Teacher not hide himself any more, But thine eyes shall ever be looking on thy Teacher. So shall, thine own ears, hear a word from behind thee saying,—This, is the way, walk ye therein, When ye would turn to the right hand Or when ye would turn to the left.”

-   Isaiah 30:20-21, Rotherham’s Emphasized Bible

I don't believe this means that we cannot have earthly teachers, but that their teaching best be in accord with Our Lord & Teacher, Jesus Christ. Hence the reason we are told to "search the Scriptures" and "study" and "prove all things", etc.

That's my take; feel free to chime in anyone...

Daywalker  8)

daywalker

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2010, 08:08:17 PM »

We are all teachers.

cp

Careful what you wish for...  :D  :o

James 3:1

Samson

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2010, 08:23:12 PM »

I'm sorry janine, hate to be contradictory but I think you missed part of the point here.

You said, "Jesus here warns that many people shall come (in the last days) and claim that they are Christ and they shall deceive many people."

But Ray said the following..."No, Jesus did not say that many would come claiming that they, themselves, are Christ, but rather that He (Christ) is the Christ."

The idea is that the church teaches that many will come deceiving and calling themselves Christ which we know has not happened. Very few do this and are immediately coined as crazy so do not deceive many.
But in fact Ray says the Bible is teaching that many will come claiming JESUS is the Christ and WILL deceive many."

Linny my Buddy,

An excellent explanation in your above Post, I couldn't have explained it better. Until reading Your Post, I was getting a little confused. This translation thing and paying attention to the Words is most important as it was once again proven in Your Post. It can get mind boggling at times, this translation thing,  ;D.

Kind Regards, Samson.
Jesus was warning that many CHRISTIANS will come (preachers, missionaries, teachers) and be very deceiving. This we have seen!

Hope this makes sense.

Lin

claypot

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2010, 11:43:46 PM »

We are all teachers.

cp

There are teachers and there are teachers.

Titus2.2
Hebrews 5.12
Colo 3.16

cp

soberxp

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2010, 02:59:53 AM »

Thank you Claypot. That makes me feel better :)  But of course it helps to know of what you speak :-[

Jam 3:1  Not many of you should presume to be teachers, my brothers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly. 
Jam 3:2  We all stumble in many ways. If anyone is never at fault in what he says, he is a perfect man, able to keep his whole body in check. 

claypot

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2010, 10:07:27 AM »

Thank you Claypot. That makes me feel better :)  But of course it helps to know of what you speak :-[

Just responding to the many good posts in this thread.

I thought what I said and the words of our God that I referenced made it clear as to what I am speaking of.

Good stuff overall.

I see balance in all of God's words to us.

cp

daywalker

« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2010, 08:14:55 PM »

We are all teachers.

cp

There are teachers and there are teachers.

Titus2.2
Hebrews 5.12
Colo 3.16

cp

True, true.
I was just being humorous with my reply; not accusing you of anything.  ;)

claypot

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2010, 09:28:53 AM »

No offense taken. Good stuff shared by all here. I am gleaning.

cp
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.