bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I am Christ; and shall deceive many.  (Read 16904 times)

Marky Mark

I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
« on: August 17, 2010, 03:18:10 PM »

Joh 8:32  And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Mat 11:15  He who has ears to hear, let him hear.

I would like to thank Ray for his clarification on the following verse. I did not understand why more people were not claiming to be the Christ.
Now, through the Spirit, I do.

"And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many" (Matt. 24:4-5)

From Rays paper;
http://bible-truths.com/23-minutes-in-hell.html

"And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many" (Matt. 24:4-5)

I don't know how to say it any stronger: It is only the religious leaders of Christendom that can possibly fulfill Christ's prophecy:

"And as He sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto Him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of Thy coming, and of the end of the world [Gk: 'age']?

"And MANY false prophets shall rise, and shall DECEIVE MANY. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible [Thank God that it is not possible...] they shall deceive the very elect" (Matt. 24:3, 11, & 24)

I marvel that theologians teach that many people will come saying that "they are the Christ," No, Jesus did not say that many would come claiming that they, themselves, are Christ, but rather that He (Christ) is the Christ. Now then, who but Christians teach that Jesus Christ IS THE CHRIST of God? No one, but Christians only. So those who "deceive many" are Christians!

About every ten or twenty years a person will come along and claim that he, himself, is Jesus Christ, the Son of God. And so, it is not the "many" who do this, but rather only an occasional one every so many decades. And, no one of normal intelligence (certainly not "the many") would ever really believe that these weirdos really are Jesus Christ. So these rare few are not themselves the "many" nor do they deceive the "many."

It's not the Muslims who teach that Jesus is the Christ. It's not the Hindus who teach that Jesus is the Christ. It is not the heathens or the pagans that teach that Jesus is the Christ. And certainly the athiests do not teach the Jesus is the Christ. You know who they are--they are the pastors, ministers, teachers, prophets, priests, shepherds, and theologians of Christendom. They are "many," and Jesus said they would be deceiving "many." There is no other category of people on earth whose number is "many," who claim to represent Christ, and teach that Christ is the Christ, yet are deceiving "many."

If you really think that the leaders of the Christian Church are not these "many false prophets," who are "deceiving many," then you have to account for them with some other large group that does this, or you make Christ and the Scriptures out to be lying.

Peace...Mark

« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 12:06:04 PM by Marky Mark »

Linny

Re: I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 05:00:15 PM »

I agree Mark. This is a lesson I gladly understood as I had questioned that "many" would claim to be Christ. His explanation made perfect sense!

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 05:22:26 PM »

One shocking truth for sure.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

daywalker

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 06:28:16 PM »

Yep, important lesson here... It also doesn't help that many translations add quotes around "I am the Christ". I wonder if the translators themselves were confused or if they deceitfully added the quotes? Perhaps it was a mixture of both...

Daywalker   8)

Joel

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 11:44:06 PM »

The word Christ, means anointed.
I have heard many preachers over the years, that believe that Jesus is THE CHRIST, say that they themselves are anointed also.

Joel

santikos

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 01:43:35 PM »

is not jesus the christ? i was gonna try to find it in rays paper but i have no idea where to look for this study. i was just under the impression that he was the christ. i got this from one of the papers though, am i not reading in correctly.?
"...we have heard Him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the SAVIOUR OF THE WORLD" (John 4:42). I teach this, but does the Church teach that the One to Whom they give lip service "is indeed the Christ, THE SAVIOUR OF THE WORLD?" NO, it does NOT!

let me know

Fester

• Yes a pancake!
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 12:14:38 AM »

Good post Marky Mark.
Ray is bag nut on!
Interesting thought too daywalker.
"Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."

santikos

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 04:25:10 PM »

i have seen the light :o , you did answer my question and doubt correctly.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2010, 05:23:54 PM »

............ hopefully a better teacher than I will come along quickly and help out. Probably Arc.  :D

oops....I hope I am not a teacher janine! Truly! :-[

A teacher is held to a higher standard in Judgement!!!  :o I would prefer the privilege to be known as a friend, sister, ...I am also a Mom and Daughter. 8)

You did well to explain to our brother santikos.

Warm Blessings to you :)
Deborah
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 05:29:15 PM by Arcturus »

Linny

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2010, 10:53:11 PM »

I'm sorry janine, hate to be contradictory but I think you missed part of the point here.

You said, "Jesus here warns that many people shall come (in the last days) and claim that they are Christ and they shall deceive many people."

But Ray said the following..."No, Jesus did not say that many would come claiming that they, themselves, are Christ, but rather that He (Christ) is the Christ."

The idea is that the church teaches that many will come deceiving and calling themselves Christ which we know has not happened. Very few do this and are immediately coined as crazy so do not deceive many.
But in fact Ray says the Bible is teaching that many will come claiming JESUS is the Christ and WILL deceive many."
Jesus was warning that many CHRISTIANS will come (preachers, missionaries, teachers) and be very deceiving. This we have seen!

Hope this makes sense.

Lin

« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 11:23:34 PM by Linny »

Linny

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2010, 11:24:32 PM »

Blessings back to you janine!  ;D

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2010, 12:53:00 AM »

One more, Janine.  They are the MANY who are doing the decieving.   ;)

One handy piece of understanding to hang onto:  When the NT mentions the 'many', it is referring to christendom, the Church (as opposed to HIS church), babylon the great. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2010, 09:29:25 PM »

Mark that was awesome!!!!! ;D
Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Roy Martin

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2010, 09:07:18 AM »

Wow!
 I shared this with Facebook Mark. I hope you don't mind.

Peace
Roy

firefly77

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2010, 11:51:14 AM »

Mark,
Thank you! This makes perfect sense.
I am so unbelievably grateful that God has drawn me out of Babylon. As I am in the process of moving and sorting through stuff at the same time, I threw all my books by so called "Christian" authors into the the garbage pile; I won't miss any of 'em.

Angie

Marky Mark

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2010, 12:26:52 PM »

Thank-you Father for showing Ray Spiritual Truths and the blessings that You bestow upon all who see and hear them,In Jesus Christs name. AMEN...

Peace...Mark

Roy Martin

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2010, 01:44:34 PM »

Amen!! from me too.

Roy

indianabob

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2010, 09:32:09 PM »

Dear friend Janine,

Every parent is a teacher. Yet no one is born with the developed skill.
You and I, if God wills, shall become qualified teachers in the Kingdom.

It is a good thing to aspire to become a teacher, an elder.
The forum is a great place to learn about teaching and about the learning process,
 a process requiring time and effort.
Teaching is a process requiring drill and exercise of our gifts and talents that come from God. Part of learning is making honest mistakes and having our family of true friends handy to point them out. We could call it stepping out in faith.

I commend you for your desire to teach and your willingness to patiently endure
correction as part of the process.
The forum has rules that we all accepted, so one must be careful not to teach our own ideas, but explaining patiently what we all are learning is commendable.

Subject to comments by our moderators, Bob

Finally I got it. I read and re read "all the words" and it didn't click.
I will reinterate for poor Santiko's sake. There will be many teachers, preachers, prophets etc (out of the churches, still in Babylon) who will come claiming Jesus is the Christ. These are the ones who will be deceiving many. 
I don't think I will attempt to "teach" ever again.   :-[ :-[
Thanks again Dave and Linny

Yes it is the many that are still in Babylon, the few who are drawn out.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2010, 04:19:25 AM »

Hi janine

I appreciate the spirit of gratitude expressed in your first off reference to me as a teacher.  :) Perhaps my response was too harsh  :(

Maybe it will help to see what inspires me that is beautifully sheltered within the following:  :)

Jer 31:31  Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
Jer 31:32  Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
Jer 31:33  But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Jer 31:34  And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know Me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Blessings

Arc

claypot

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2010, 10:45:55 AM »

We are all teachers.

cp
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 24 queries.