bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is going to happen according to end times prophecy?  (Read 5732 times)

booker

What is going to happen according to end times prophecy?
« on: August 20, 2010, 04:33:35 AM »

This is what most Christendom believes,

Christ will remove all born-again believers from the earth in an event known as the rapture (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; 1 Corinthians 15:51-54). At the judgment seat of Christ, these believers will be rewarded for good works and faithful service during their time on earth or will lose rewards, but not eternal life, for lack of service and obedience (1 Corinthians 3:11-15; 2 Corinthians 5:10).

The Antichrist (the beast) will come into power and will sign a covenant with Israel for seven years (Daniel 9:27). This seven-year period of time is known as the “tribulation.” During the tribulation, there will be terrible wars, famines, plagues, and natural disasters. God will be pouring out His wrath against sin, evil, and wickedness. The tribulation will include the appearance of the four horsemen of the Apocalypse, and the seven seal, trumpet, and bowl judgments.

About halfway through the seven years, the Antichrist will break the peace covenant with Israel and make war against it. The Antichrist will commit “the abomination of desolation” and set up an image of himself to be worshipped in the Jerusalem temple (Daniel 9:27; 2 Thessalonians 2:3-10), which will have been rebuilt. The second half of the tribulation is known as “the great tribulation” (Revelation 7:14) and “the time of Jacob’s trouble” (Jeremiah 30:7).

At the end of the seven-year tribulation, the Antichrist will launch a final attack on Jerusalem, culminating in the battle of Armageddon. Jesus Christ will return, destroy the Antichrist and his armies, and cast them into the lake of fire (Revelation 19:11-21). Christ will then bind Satan in the Abyss for 1000 years and He will rule His earthly kingdom for this thousand-year period (Revelation 20:1-6).

At the end of the thousand years, Satan will be released, defeated again, and then cast into the lake of fire (Revelation 20:7-10) for eternity. Christ then judges all unbelievers (Revelation 20:10-15) at the great white throne judgment, casting them all into the lake of fire. Christ will then usher in a new heaven and new earth and the New Jerusalem—the eternal dwelling place of believers. There will be no more sin, sorrow, or death (Revelation 21–22).

I was wondering if ray has addressed this topic?

Deborah-Leigh

Re: What is going to happen according to end times prophecy?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 05:34:56 AM »

Hi booker

Your question is : I was wondering if ray has addressed this topic?

Ref The Rapture ~ Check on the home page. The third item on the list after the red block containing the Lake of Fire series, is titled Exposing the Secret Rapture Theory

The Anti-Christ Beast ~ Is in item numbered 13 and 14 of the Lake of Fire Series (LOF) in the red block on the Home Page.
That should get you started!

Welcome to the Forum :)

Arcturus

booker

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 06:19:33 AM »

I have read exposing the secret rapture theory,but what i don't understand is, according to ray,what the tribulation is,is it 7 years,what is the purpose of the Antichrist,etc.

That's why i copied that text from a christian website that represents what most Christians believe,since most of the time they are wrong.So my question is  What is going to happen according to end times prophecy that is Bible truth,not man made doctrine?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 06:24:26 AM by booker »

soberxp

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 07:05:28 AM »

About halfway through the seven years, the Antichrist will break the peace covenant with Israel and make war against it. The Antichrist will commit “the abomination of desolation” and set up an image of himself to be worshipped in the Jerusalem temple

did it mention the 7 years Iraq War ? cuz I can't find it any where in the bible........

Jer 34:14  At the end of seven years let ye go every man his brother an Hebrew, which hath been sold unto thee; and when he hath served thee six years, thou shalt let him go free from thee: but your fathers hearkened not unto me, neither inclined their ear. 
Eze 39:9  And they that dwell in the cities of Israel shall go forth, and shall set on fire and burn the weapons, both the shields and the bucklers, the bows and the arrows, and the handstaves, and the spears, and they shall burn them with fire seven years: 
Dan 9:2  In the first year of his reign I Daniel understood by books the number of the years, whereof the word of the LORD came to Jeremiah the prophet, that he would accomplish seventy years in the desolations of Jerusalem. 
Zec 7:5  Speak unto all the people of the land, and to the priests, saying, When ye fasted and mourned in the fifth and seventh month, even those seventy years, did ye at all fast unto me, even to me? 
Luk 2:36  And there was one Anna, a prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Aser: she was of a great age, and had lived with an husband seven years from her virginity;
Num 13:22  And they ascended by the south, and came unto Hebron; where Ahiman, Sheshai, and Talmai, the children of Anak, were. (Now Hebron was built seven years before Zoan in Egypt.) 
Deu 15:1  At the end of every seven years thou shalt make a release. 
Deu 15:12  And if thy brother, an Hebrew man, or an Hebrew woman, be sold unto thee, and serve thee six years; then in the seventh year thou shalt let him go free from thee. 
Deu 31:10  And Moses commanded them, saying, At the end of every seven years, in the solemnity of the year of release, in the feast of tabernacles, 
Jdg 6:1  And the children of Israel did evil in the sight of the LORD: and the LORD delivered them into the hand of Midian seven years. 
Jdg 6:25  And it came to pass the same night, that the LORD said unto him, Take thy father's young bullock, even the second bullock of seven years old, and throw down the altar of Baal that thy father hath, and cut down the grove that is by it: 
Jdg 12:9  And he had thirty sons, and thirty daughters, whom he sent abroad, and took in thirty daughters from abroad for his sons. And he judged Israel seven years. 
2Sa 2:11  And the time that David was king in Hebron over the house of Judah was seven years and six months. 
2Sa 5:5  In Hebron he reigned over Judah seven years and six months: and in Jerusalem he reigned thirty and three years over all Israel and Judah. 
2Sa 24:13  So Gad came to David, and told him, and said unto him, Shall seven years of famine come unto thee in thy land? or wilt thou flee three months before thine enemies, while they pursue thee? or that there be three days' pestilence in thy land? now advise, and see what answer I shall return to him that sent me. 
1Ki 2:11  And the days that David reigned over Israel were forty years: seven years reigned he in Hebron, and thirty and three years reigned he in Jerusalem. 
1Ki 6:38  And in the eleventh year, in the month Bul, which is the eighth month, was the house finished throughout all the parts thereof, and according to all the fashion of it. So was he seven years in building it. 
1Ki 14:21  And Rehoboam the son of Solomon reigned in Judah. Rehoboam was forty and one years old when he began to reign, and he reigned seventeen years in Jerusalem, the city which the LORD did choose out of all the tribes of Israel, to put his name there. And his mother's name was Naamah an Ammonitess. 
1Ki 22:51  Ahaziah the son of Ahab began to reign over Israel in Samaria the seventeenth year of Jehoshaphat king of Judah, and reigned two years over Israel. 
2Ki 8:1  Then spake Elisha unto the woman, whose son he had restored to life, saying, Arise, and go thou and thine household, and sojourn wheresoever thou canst sojourn: for the LORD hath called for a famine; and it shall also come upon the land seven years. 
2Ki 8:2  And the woman arose, and did after the saying of the man of God: and she went with her household, and sojourned in the land of the Philistines seven years. 
2Ki 8:3  And it came to pass at the seven years' end, that the woman returned out of the land of the Philistines: and she went forth to cry unto the king for her house and for her land. 
2Ki 11:21  seven years old was Jehoash when he began to reign. 
2Ki 12:1  In the seventh year of Jehu Jehoash began to reign; and forty years reigned he in Jerusalem. And his mother's name was Zibiah of Beersheba. 
2Ki 13:1  In the three and twentieth year of Joash the son of Ahaziah king of Judah Jehoahaz the son of Jehu began to reign over Israel in Samaria, and reigned seventeen years. 
2Ki 13:10  In the thirty and seventh year of Joash king of Judah began Jehoash the son of Jehoahaz to reign over Israel in Samaria, and reigned sixteen years. 
1Ch 3:4  These six were born unto him in Hebron; and there he reigned seven years and six months: and in Jerusalem he reigned thirty and three years. 
1Ch 29:27  And the time that he reigned over Israel was forty years; seven years reigned he in Hebron, and thirty and three years reigned he in Jerusalem. 
2Ch 12:13  So king Rehoboam strengthened himself in Jerusalem, and reigned: for Rehoboam was one and forty years old when he began to reign, and he reigned seventeen years in Jerusalem, the city which the LORD had chosen out of all the tribes of Israel, to put his name there. And his mother's name was Naamah an Ammonitess. 
2Ch 24:1  Joash was seven years old when he began to reign, and he reigned forty years in Jerusalem. His mother's name also was Zibiah of Beersheba. 
Isa 23:15  And it shall come to pass in that day, that Tyre shall be forgotten seventy years, according to the days of one king: after the end of seventy years shall Tyre sing as an harlot. 
Isa 23:17  And it shall come to pass after the end of seventy years, that the LORD will visit Tyre, and she shall turn to her hire, and shall commit fornication with all the kingdoms of the world upon the face of the earth. 
Jer 25:11  And this whole land shall be a desolation, and an astonishment; and these nations shall serve the king of Babylon seventy years. 
Jer 25:12  And it shall come to pass, when seventy years are accomplished, that I will punish the king of Babylon, and that nation, saith the LORD, for their iniquity, and the land of the Chaldeans, and will make it perpetual desolations. 
Jer 29:10  For thus saith the LORD, That after seventy years be accomplished at Babylon I will visit you, and perform my good word toward you, in causing you to return to this place. 
Gen 5:7  And Seth lived after he begat Enos eight hundred and seven years, and begat sons and daughters: 
Gen 5:12  And Cainan lived seventy years, and begat Mahalaleel: 
Gen 5:25  And Methuselah lived an hundred eighty and seven years, and begat Lamech: 
Gen 5:26  And Methuselah lived after he begat Lamech seven hundred eighty and two years, and begat sons and daughters: 
Gen 5:31  And all the days of Lamech were seven hundred seventy and seven years: and he died. 
Gen 11:21  And Reu lived after he begat Serug two hundred and seven years, and begat sons and daughters. 
Gen 11:26  And Terah lived seventy years, and begat Abram, Nahor, and Haran. 
Gen 12:4  So Abram departed, as the LORD had spoken unto him; and Lot went with him: and Abram was seventy and five years old when he departed out of Haran. 
Gen 23:1  And Sarah was an hundred and seven and twenty years old: these were the years of the life of Sarah. 
Gen 25:17  And these are the years of the life of Ishmael, an hundred and thirty and seven years: and he gave up the ghost and died; and was gathered unto his people. 
Gen 29:18  And Jacob loved Rachel; and said, I will serve thee seven years for Rachel thy younger daughter. 
Gen 29:20  And Jacob served seven years for Rachel; and they seemed unto him but a few days, for the love he had to her. 
Gen 29:27  Fulfil her week, and we will give thee this also for the service which thou shalt serve with me yet seven other years. 
Gen 29:30  And he went in also unto Rachel, and he loved also Rachel more than Leah, and served with him yet seven other years. 
Gen 37:2  These are the generations of Jacob. Joseph, being seventeen years old, was feeding the flock with his brethren; and the lad was with the sons of Bilhah, and with the sons of Zilpah, his father's wives: and Joseph brought unto his father their evil report. 
Gen 41:26  The seven good kine are seven years; and the seven good ears are seven years: the dream is one. 
Gen 41:27  And the seven thin and ill favoured kine that came up after them are seven years; and the seven empty ears blasted with the east wind shall be seven years of famine. 
Gen 41:29  Behold, there come seven years of great plenty throughout all the land of Egypt: 
Gen 41:30  And there shall arise after them seven years of famine; and all the plenty shall be forgotten in the land of Egypt; and the famine shall consume the land; 
Gen 41:34  Let Pharaoh do this, and let him appoint officers over the land, and take up the fifth part of the land of Egypt in the seven plenteous years. 
Gen 41:36  And that food shall be for store to the land against the seven years of famine, which shall be in the land of Egypt; that the land perish not through the famine. 
Gen 41:47  And in the seven plenteous years the earth brought forth by handfuls. 
Gen 41:48  And he gathered up all the food of the seven years, which were in the land of Egypt, and laid up the food in the cities: the food of the field, which was round about every city, laid he up in the same. 
Gen 41:53  And the seven years of plenteousness, that was in the land of Egypt, were ended. 
Gen 41:54  And the seven years of dearth began to come, according as Joseph had said: and the dearth was in all lands; but in all the land of Egypt there was bread. 
Gen 47:28  And Jacob lived in the land of Egypt seventeen years: so the whole age of Jacob was an hundred forty and seven years. 
Exo 6:16  And these are the names of the sons of Levi according to their generations; Gershon, and Kohath, and Merari: and the years of the life of Levi were an hundred thirty and seven years. 
Exo 6:20  And Amram took him Jochebed his father's sister to wife; and she bare him Aaron and Moses: and the years of the life of Amram were an hundred and thirty and seven years. 
Exo 21:2  If thou buy an Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing. 
Lev 25:8  And thou shalt number seven sabbaths of years unto thee, seven times seven years; and the space of the seven sabbaths of years shall be unto thee forty and nine years. 
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 07:14:01 AM by soberxp »

Kat

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 11:00:50 AM »

Hi booker,

This excerpt is taken from the LOF article 'D4 Hell: Gehenna Fire Judgment.'

http://bible-truths.com/lake16-D4.htm ---------

Dozens of times I have quoted I Peter 4:17:

"For the time is come that judgment must begin at the House of God..."

And many dozens of times I have quoted I Cor. 11:31

"For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world."

And we all know what chastening is. We know that Jesus uses His spiritual "judging," spiritual "council," spiritual "Gehenna fire," and spiritual "prison," to chasten us and correct us and perfect us. But there is yet another judgment of God upon His people that I do not believe most have ever seen as a judgment of God.

Notice I Thes. 3:3-4:

"That no man should be moved by these afflictions: for yourselves know that we are appointed [appointed by GOD] thereunto. For verily, when we were with you, we told you before that we should suffer tribulation; even as it came to pass, and you know."

In II Thes. 1:4-5 Paul again reminds them of this tribulation, but adds an amazing statement to it:

"So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure: Which is a manifest token of the righteous JUDGMENT of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer."

Wow, here Paul plainly tells us that "...persecutions and tribulations... IS... the righteous Judgment of God..." Judgments are not always bad things that come upon us for committing sins. Judgment also involves trials, tests, persecution, tribulation, and many such things that sometimes makes life very difficult and uncomfortable, but also qualifies us to "...be counted worthy of the Kingdom of God."

Look at the first time "judgments" is used in the New Testament:

"O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments and his ways past finding out!" (Rom. 11:33).

"Judgments" from God are wonderful things. Too bad we don't appreciate them.

And notice what John tells us in Revelation:

"And I heard another out of the altar say, Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are Thy judgments" (Rev. 16:7).

It is not by escaping tribulation that we enter God's Kingdom (as in the unscriptural rapture theory), but by going "through much tribulation."

The phrase "The great tribulation" is used hundreds of thousands of times by the Church, and yet (just as there is no such thing as "THE antichrist") there is no such phrase in the Bible as "The great tribulation." Oh there is tribulation and great tribulation alright, but not just one called "The" tribulation. Here how the unscriptural "Secret Rapture to Heaven" theory is taught:

"If you argue that the Church must go through the Great Tribulation, then you're taking away from the imminency [eminency] of the return of Jesus Christ. The Church will not be watching, nor do we have any need to be watching for His return, if we must first go through the Great Tribulation, in that case, we'd be watching for the Great Tribulation or the unveiling of the Antichrist. The Church would then have many things to watch for, and we could actually follow the final events rather carefully." From the book: The Tribulation and the Church by Chuck Smith

Does Chuck Smith have a chapter and verse on that bit of heresy? No, of course not. We do, however, have a Scripture that demolishes such heresy.

"Immediately after [does everyone understand the difference between 'before' and 'after?'] ...immediately after the tribulation of those days.... He [Jesus] shall send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet [I Cor. 15:52], and they shall gather together His elect [for the first time, I might also add] from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other" (Matt. 24:29 & 31).

One other major point: Clearly this verse and others show that Christ returns "after the tribulation of those days." "But in those days, after the tribulation... shall He send His angels, and shall gather together His Elect..." (Mark 13:24 & 27).  

And Jesus is said to come in wrath:

"...hide us from the face of Him that sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb: for the great day of His wrath is come..." (Rev. 6:16-17)

"And the seventh angel sounded... [the seventh trump is the last trump, I Cor. 15:52] ...and Thy wrath is come..." (Rev. 11:18)

The days of "great tribulation" end at Christ's presence, and the day of "His wrath" begins at His presence. They are two separate and different events, and different judgments on different people for different purposes. If you have not seen or do not understand the absolute differences in Scripture between tribulation and affliction versus wrath and indignation, then be sure to read my ten-page section dealing with it in detail, in my paper "Exposing the Secret Rapture Theory."

Tribulation is almost exclusively administered to God's people. And just to remove any and all doubts concerning this, we will now cite every Scripture on tribulation in the entire Bible:

GOD DOESN'T RAPTURE HIS PEOPLE OUT OF TRIBULATION:
HE PUTS THEM THROUGH TRIBULATION

[Every Bible verse containing the word tribulation]

"When thou [God's people] art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the Lord thy God, and shall be obedient unto his voice" (Deut. 4:30).

"Go and cry unto the gods which ye have chosen; let them deliver you [God's people] in the time of your tribulation" (Judges 10:14).

"And, behold, as thy life was much set by this day in mine eyes, so let my life be much set by in the eyes of the Lord, and let him deliver me [God's servant] out of all tribulation" (I Sam. 26:24).

"Yet hath he not root in himself, but endures for a while: for when tribulation or persecution arises because of the word, by and by he [that one called by God] is offended" (Matt. 13:21)

"For then shall be great tribulation [when] 'they deliver you [God's Elect] up to be afflicted...' Ver. 9], such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be" (Matt. 24:21).

"Immediately after the tribulation [that must be 'endured unto the end' by God's Elect, Ver. 13] of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken" (Matt. 24:29).

"But in those days, after that tribulation [same as Matthew's account], the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light" (Mark 13:24).

"These things I have spoken unto you [Christ's disciples], that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world" (John 16:33).

"Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we [God's Elect] must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God" (Acts 14:22).

"Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man [first time the world is included with God's people in tribulation] that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile" (Rom. 2:9).

"And not only so, but we [God's Elect] glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation works patience" (Rom. 5:3).

"Who shall separate us [God's Elect] from the love of Christ? Tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?" (Rom. 8:35).

"Rejoicing in hope [God's Elect]; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer" (Rom. 12:12).

"Who comforts us in all our [God's Elect] tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God" (II Cor. 1:4).

"Great is my boldness of speech toward you, great is my glorying of you: I am filled with comfort, I am exceeding joyful in all our [God's Elect] tribulation" (II Cor. 7:4).

"For verily, when we were with you, we told you before that we [God's Elect] should suffer tribulation; even as it came to pass, and ye know" (I Thes. 3:4).

"Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them [our enemies] that trouble you [God's elect]" (II Thes. 1:6).

"I John, who also am your brother [God's Elect], and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ" (Rev. 1:9).

"I know your [God's Church] works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan" (Rev. 2:9)

"Fear none of those things which you shall suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that you may be tried; and you [God's Elect] shall have tribulation ten days: be you faithful unto death, and I will give you a crown of life" (Rev. 2:10).

"Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them [God's Church] that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds" (Rev. 2:22).

"And I said unto him, Sir, you know. And he said to me, These are they [God's Elect] which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb" (Rev. 7:14).

And so the Scriptures prove conclusively that tribulation, first and foremost, is administered to the Church; the House of God; God's Chosen Elect.

And so we are brought into Christ's "judgment" [Gk; 'judging'], high counsel, Gehenna fire, and prison. We are also taken through great tribulation.
---------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 11:02:48 AM by Kat »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 11:50:08 AM »

What is going to happen according to end times prophecy that is Bible truth,not man made doctrine?

What is going to happen is that God will be all in all.  8)

1Co 15:28  And when all things shall be subdued unto Him, then shall the Son also Himself be subject unto Him that put all things under Him, that God may be all in all.

What is happening is that all things are being subdued unto Him through Judgement on the House of God which began over 2000 years ago, and has been ongoing in every generation since Christ. All things that have to be subdued unto Christ is as Paul says

Rom 13:1  Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

2Co 10:5  Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
2Co 10:6  And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.
2Co 10:7  Do ye look on things after the outward appearance? If any man trust to himself that he is Christ's, let him of himself think this again, that, as he is Christ's, even so are we Christ's.

Arc

« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 11:52:51 AM by Arcturus »

mharrell08

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 11:56:12 AM »

I was wondering if ray has addressed this topic?

A few excerpts from Ray's teachings regarding this subject.

FYI: http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,11637.0.html

Hope this helps,

Marques
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.